To resign or not?

wendy79

Dear mummies, i am in a dilemna now, i have 2 kids age 6 n 4, my boy who is 4 is not developing and learning as fast as those of his age. maybe i am paranoid but we are sending him for development assessment and speech therapy recommended by KKH will start later this month.
I am currently a working mum (school teacher), my children are being taken care of by my parents. I had been thinking of quitting my job and look after them full time.
Any ex-teachers out there who resign to take care of your children or any mummies who quit your job for the same cause ?
I would appreciate any advise

edy

Administrator
Staff member
It is a difficult situation ... but if your husband agreed and able to cope with the money matters, it would be a very rewarding experiences to be with your kids growing up years.

perhaps you might want to look for part time jobs :)

MummySG is going to hire ex professional mum to help us with Contents such as creating weekly newsletter, moderating the forums as well as maintaining our social network pages.

felicity

what about contract adjunct or half load? is it possible to discuss with your RO or sch leaders about this?

if your husband have no issue, i think should be ok to quit. for me, quitting is not an option.

wendy79

Half load and contract adjunct is not a good choice after all, have seen cases of colleagues switching to half load and ended up having more issues cos school will plan their time table where they come in 3 times a week, and odd hours like 9 to 1, and workload of contract doesnt seem to be lighten but of course with a pay cut. husband say he support my decision but i am afraid that it may not be easy to get another job as i had been teaching for 10 years, cut off from outside world for so long

Dilys

Half load and contract adjunct is not a good choice after all, have seen cases of colleagues switching to half load and ended up having more issues cos school will plan their time table where they come in 3 times a week, and odd hours like 9 to 1, and workload of contract doesnt seem to be lighten but of course with a pay cut. husband say he support my decision but i am afraid that it may not be easy to get another job as i had been teaching for 10 years, cut off from outside world for so long
Hi

In this world there is nothing prefect 2 ways. If husband support your decision.. you should just stop worrying & resign. There will be a certain scarifcation in return for the well being of your 2 kids.

posh

If im a teacher like you, I will seriously consider to quit my job, teach my kids full time at home and just let them take private examination. I think there was a show by mediacorp actor & actress Darren Lim & Evelyn Tan whom also do that, teaching their kids full time at home and i think its really a good idea. Sometimes I think going school is really wasting alot of our time and if you can give a one to one teaching to your kid, why not consider?

pillowismycat

Hi Mommy, I am currently 21 weeks pregnant and had just quit my pre-school teaching job. Reason: I'm well-trained in early-childhood, why don't i used my skills and experience with my own child? Of course with my hubby's approval, I'll be looking after my baby.

bendi

If im a teacher like you, I will seriously consider to quit my job, teach my kids full time at home and just let them take private examination. I think there was a show by mediacorp actor & actress Darren Lim & Evelyn Tan whom also do that, teaching their kids full time at home and i think its really a good idea. Sometimes I think going school is really wasting alot of our time and if you can give a one to one teaching to your kid, why not consider?
Going to school got other benefits such as learning to socialize with people, learning to take care oneself, and learning to be independent. I think is a bad idea not to go school.

fansy6

Hi,
How about giving tuition? I understand that many parents like ex-teacher as tuition teacher, especially with your 10 years experience!
The idea of resigning or not is always in my mind too. It's always a juggle between money matters and time spending with our precious ones, especially when we think they need our utmost attention.

All the best to you!

MotherLiLi

I think giving tuition or some "skills" course is a good way to earn side-income sometimes even more than your main income. its really up to you to think about what to do as a part-time job so you can spend time to teach your kids which is quite importantly frankly, especially in their growing years

ConcernedMum

Hi,

I think family will definitely supercede work and money.
Money will never be enough so decide on whats more important to you