toddler's fear of hair cut

Hi all, it's time for my son's hair cut again. The last time he went to the salon, he cried and screamed for at least 10 minutes non stop!

He is approximately 15 months old. Any idea on how I can make the hair cut more pleasant?

Should I get a hair shaver instead?

Acy

Try those kiddy salon. They have lots of toys, cartoon CDs, books for the kids. Price ar 20 onwards.. Btw, it takes time:) my boy also took a very very long time , finally at age 3 yrs old den he relent willingly to cut his hair:)

cn naz

I have been cutting my gal's hair at kids salon, too since she was 6 months. They have lots of dvds and toys. She is okay if the stylist is female. If a guy stylist tries to cut her hair, she will scream and cry bloody murder. Who would have thought?? :p

Justina

i cut my both my kids hair when they were that age. with barney on and scissors stand by, made it a quick cut. good luck!

babytazz

Quite a number of toddlers hates cutting hair.. I wonder why. My son is the same. He screams and cries till passerbys stop and look, giggle or offer advices which aren't really useful (tried and didn't work).

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
Try those kiddy salon. They have lots of toys, cartoon CDs, books for the kids. Price ar 20 onwards.. Btw, it takes time:) my boy also took a very very long time , finally at age 3 yrs old then he relent willingly to cut his hair:)

u can try giving sweet to ur baby.. then it works maybe

ast0212

I've been cutting my son's hair every 2 months since he was 4 months old. Only when he just turned 3 years old he has become more accepting of getting his hair cut. Nowadays he will ask me to cut his hair! Because he knows he gets a bubble bath afterwards.

But oh it was such a struggle getting his hair cut!! We have tried tv, cutting in the bath, giving him activites, YouTube of other kids getting hair cut...sometimes it would take 2-3 days! I think in the end it just takes time till they are used to it.

In the meantime keep trying anything that will get them through.

Alisa

my son loves cartoon and we let him see cartoon while cutting his hair. not by us of course, we went to EC House, only $10.

ocoloco79

If u are staying in the West, u can try hair picazzoe at teck whye blk 143. The male stylist is very good and he can handle the cries. Tho baby will still cry lol but he is very swift. Done in 5 mins swee swee. Very skillful n nice. Only $5. Sometimes I will give more cos my boy really tough to handle.

ryanle

My son just let only me cut his hair, when I cut, I give him some candies and toy. Just be careful then you can do it. Otherwise, you can find some kiddy hair salons outside, they are expert in satisfy your kids :)

Xelle

My daughter is now 3 1/2 and no longer afraid of haircuts, but when she was younger, she also refused hair salons. I think it might be because of the concept of someone she doesn't know touching her hair, or the scissors. After going to the kids salon though, she eased up with toys and cartoon distracting her, and the lady just told her "I'm only combing your hair" and she relaxed. After that, all went well.