Tofu

i always thought tofu no taste n i dont like it also but then the organic tofu i bought for my girl taste like soy bean drink so it actually taste nice! my girl can finish half a packet just for her snack! i give it to her straight from the packet lol. dosent need any way to prepare... she loves it as it is.

i tried to freeze the tofu cos i read online that freezing it changes its texture n make it chewy instead. so i thought can try a change of texture for my girl but then she dosent seem to like the chewy tofu at all... n she gag on it though i didnt give her a big pc..
Ya i will think tofu has no taste too, so tis organic tofu has taste actually? den i gonna buy it tmr and give my son eat:)

Meaning i can give tofu directly without any steaming??

Hmm, you can give tofu as what the rest of the mummies here have suggested. Another way is to serve it like a dessert: cut tofu into small cubes; cut mango and puree part of the amt into juice and cut the rest into cubes. Drench the tofu cubes with the mango juice and puree. Yummy! :D

Too bad my darling's allergic to soy pdts... I let her try tofu a bit again lately and got rashes again...
helo snowbear,
ok sounds great to give tofu with mango as a dessert, shall try it:)
ic, ur dd is allegic to it, i hv not try on my son so duno he will be allegic to it.

annie

i would say its ok to give tofu without steaming or cooking it but some ppl might prefer to steam it slightly before offering to babies. i myself feel its ok. so far has been giving my girl straight from the packet n she is ok with it. no tummy upset or wat. i dunno if all organic tofu taste the same though. the one i bought taste like soy bean drink lor

shulyn

Ok thks stonston, you mentioned to keep the tofu properly, issit better if i kept it in a airtight conditioner, how long can it last to kept in the fridge?

> Ston Ston & Serene

I read from book and i keep the tofu in a air tight container with water. Change the tofu water everyday if possible. Is this correct and consider proper storage? StonSton, i would like to know how long can the tofu last?

Ok soy bean drink? sound interesting..how to make it?
> Serene, I bought a grinder that can make soya bean..Havent try cos dont know what type of soya bean to buy, See when free then try...

fioncess

You working or stay at home mum? My weekends also very busy, as im working, sat will bring dear son out, sun go church and go back to mother in law house...Luckily dear son is under my mum care so need not report to my parents very weekend...But still i will arrange outing together with my parents cos they are always so busy looking after my son and i need to reward them too...
shulyn, you are wrkin n still able to manage ur baby food??
im also wrkin n my mum take care of my bb (turning 4 mth).. im so worried i missed out my bb growin phase of eating as i only hv time 4 her on sat n my hubby wan sun as a time 4 both of us so my mil will take care...
sometime wish to spend time with my baby on sun but feel bad for my hubby...
shldnt have start wrkin.... will i miss out my bb growin phase of starting on food???

diymummy

Hi Fioncess,

I don't think you'll miss out on the growing phase of starting food. :)

My son's attending infant care. That time when he started solids, I intro to him on Sat and Sun before I let the infant care take over. Currently I'm also preparing his porridge for lunch as well as all the puree vege that he is eating. So now I know what he likes and what he doesn't. It's extra hard work as the infant care does provide food for babies but I insist on bringing my own. I guess that's my way of keeping in touch with his food likings? :) HTH.

shulyn

shulyn, you are wrkin n still able to manage your baby food??

Hi Fioncess, So sorry for the late reply as i just saw your post.
Yap, im a working mother and everything is still manageable. For me, i will bring my boy to my mum hse every day and bring him back at night. For weekday, i will cordinate with my mum a day before what to give, until now my mum know what to feed. Due to my boy having low milk intake, i have a note book that record down his food intake so i can monitor. As for weekends, i will think and cook something different. Eg, my mum rarely steam so i will steam most of the foods like fish, veggie etc.

im also wrkin n my mum take care of my baby (turning 4 month).. im so worried i missed out my baby growin phase of eating as i only have time 4 her on sat n my hubby want sun as a time 4 both of us so my mother in law will take care...
sometime wish to spend time with my baby on sun but feel bad for my hubby...

Hmmm, why dont you guys bring your baby along? For us, we love to be with baby all the times and my weekends, i will ensure my boy had his homecook lunch, pack his homecook dinner before we go out. I agree with diymummy, you wont miss out your baby growing phase...Why not you start off with a notebook, record down the food that your baby is taking so you can monitor? You can also tell your mum or mil what to prepare for your baby lunch or dinner today...

leefionyap

hi, my ger is turning 9mth next week. i would like to intro tofu to her.

if i buy the silken tofu from ntuc, can i steam, puree and store in the freeze and take them out when i needed?

Or i steam whatever i need everytime when i feed her? how should i keep the rest of the tofu?

As she has no teeth now, thus i would prefer to puree the tofu first.

If she has drink soy milk for 2 week, does it mean she will not allegic to tofu?

annie

hi tofu is very soft already so no teeth is not a problem imo. i dun think need to puree.. yes if she is ok with soy milk then most probably she will be ok with tofu as well..

tofu can be freeze but the texture will change and your bb might not like it or might have difficulty eating it.. i tried before n it becomes chewy. my girl gags on it.. n she dosent like it. so i dun freeze them anymore. i dun steam the tofu as well. i give her straight from the packet. i usually just store the extras in the fridge (wrapped up properly)