Toilet Trained at night for 3 years old

Crashz

Mummies, can share how you get your DS/DD to sleep in your bed without diaper at night or nap? my ds only wears diaper at night, tempting to try without diaper but duno how to start ..:nah:

mcqueen

Mummies, can share how you get your DS/DD to sleep in your bed without diaper at night or nap? my ds only wears diaper at night, tempting to try without diaper but duno how to start ..:nah:

My son can sleep without diaper from 2yrs old. He is 3yrs+ now. Let him urine before go bed and wake him up around 5am to urine again. But now, dun nid to wake him up anymore, he will wake up himself if he want to urine. But he mostly can stand until morning.

rjj

I think this also depends on the child.... my DS1 refuse to wear diaper when he was around 5, he complain hot... so even if u wear for him, he will take out in the middle of the night.... so before sleep will get him to urine, still he wets the bed until he was 7.... we have plenty of bedsheets and blankets and pjs on standby... even wrap up his mattress.... haiz....

but ds2 was easy.... he just stop himself around 3.... but we very kiasu.... insist he still wear until 4... haha.... he so far (if i remember correctly) no accidents....

:)

BunnyKiss

My DS is close to 4 yo. In the beginning, he tends to wet his bed at least one/twice weekly. Now the frequency is once in a full month. Before bed, decrease fluid intake, urine before bed, and sometimes wake him up in the middle of the night to pass urine.

xiaodaisy

all along he don like to wear wen sleep so i told him don wear he sibei happy liao loh haha den middle of e nite instead of him waking up i would wake up n carry him to potty dere ti ask him urine loh den now he would wake up himself liao.. if he odn wan i will tell him say if u font wake up wait ur bed wet u don change place wif mi ah so he would wake up n pee himself lol..

mamemo

My son can sleep without diaper from 2yrs old. He is 3yrs+ now. Let him urine before go bed and wake him up around 5am to urine again. But now, dun nid to wake him up anymore, he will wake up himself if he want to urine. But he mostly can stand until morning.
Hi mcqueen,

Did you let your DS drink milk before he sleeps ?
My DS, now 3.5 yo, still need to wear diaper at night. Sigh. He normally drinks 1 cup of milk and visit the bathroom before going to bed.

Is the milk causing the problem ? Should I stop his milk ?

Thanks !

rjj

Hi mcqueen,

Did you let your DS drink milk before he sleeps ?
My DS, now 3.5 yo, still need to wear diaper at night. Sigh. He normally drinks 1 cup of milk and visit the bathroom before going to bed.

Is the milk causing the problem ? Should I stop his milk ?

Thanks !
At first we thought it could be the milk. Cos DS1 takes 1 full bottle of milk before sleep, so we stopped giving him. But he still wet the bed leh....

But DS2 until now still drink milk before sleep, but can wake up himself if he needs to pee at night.

So we thought it could be just tat DS1 is such a deep sleeper that he doesn't even know that he needs to pee..... just a few nites back, he wets his pants again.... he say he was dreaming... den suddenly he realised, he pants wet liao... :embarrassed:

priscilla

My ds has been trained to be off diaper at night from 3 onwards.

What I usually do is that, his last milk intake is at 8.30pm and then very little fluid from then till bedtime. He will visit the toilet once before he sleeps and two hours later, I usually will carry him in his sleep to go pee and he sleeps through till morning about 6.30am which I will bring him to the toilet again to pee and he will sleep till about 9am.

So far, he has no accident at all.