Toilet Training

stonston

This is what I shared with another mummy regarding toilet training my boy:

When he was around 18mths, he can speak in proper sentences and is able to verbalise his needs. So we decided to give toilet training a chance again. My maid will make him sit on the toilet bowl when he wakes up every morning to poop and pee.

At first he refused to poop, only pee. But my maid continued and soon he poop in the toilet bowl. Then we decided to not let him wear diapers at home to train him. Every 15minutes we ask if he wants to pee/poop. Usually he'll say 'no', if he does not answer us, it means yes!

Continue perservering and now he is 29mths old, he goes diaper-free at home. He'll tell us when he wants to pee/poop. Sometimes when we are busy, he'll even go to the toilet himself, pull down his pants/undies and pee, then he'll wear back his undies and pants and wash his hands with soap (oh my, i just typed soup cause I'm watching a show and they are drinking soup!).

If you want your boy to be able to poop without his diapers, you need to perservere :) Put him on the toilet bowl at the timing that he normally poops everyday.

Btw, my son hates potties. He only wants the real toilet bowl without child seat!
Btw, be prepared for 'accidents'. For now my boy onli wear diapers when we go out (in case cant find toilet) and when he sleeps at night. Day time when he sleep we use a pee pad placed under him :)

So far my boy onli had 3 accidents. Considered little from what my cousin tell me, so it's good to wait till they can verbalise their needs.

joeichen

This is what I shared with another mummy regarding toilet training my boy:

Btw, be prepared for 'accidents'. For now my boy onli wear diapers when we go out (in case cant find toilet) and when he sleeps at night. Day time when he sleep we use a pee pad placed under him :)

So far my boy onli had 3 accidents. Considered little from what my cousin tell me, so it's good to wait till they can verbalise their needs.
Wow.. ur boy is fast.
Till nw my boy cant say a proper sentence and when ask him if he wan to poo he always dun ans. When he poo, we ask him if he poo then he say yes but was too late liao...
Put him on bowl, he juz sit thr n play, he dun even pee...
Headach......
Was thinking to send him to sch or something, he seem to be much slower when it comes to talking

stonston

I sent my boy to school once he turned 18mths. He's too active and I was worried my maid will go crazy having him at home the whole day!

And anyway I won't expect my maid to be able to teach him, so sending him to school to learn is a better option. He learns alot from school (can be bad sometimes) and he learns to be more independant there.

They are the ones who suggested we toilet train my boy since he can talk and since he spends the day there, they started off with him and we just continue to support at home :)

joeichen

I sent my boy to school once he turned 18mths. He's too active and I was worried my maid will go crazy having him at home the whole day!

And anyway I won't expect my maid to be able to teach him, so sending him to school to learn is a better option. He learns alot from school (can be bad sometimes) and he learns to be more independant there.

They are the ones who suggested we toilet train my boy since he can talk and since he spends the day there, they started off with him and we just continue to support at home :)
U send to childcare or playgroup?

stonston

CC cos i got no time to ferry him to playgroup. & the price of the playgroup (250 per mth) is almost the same as the CC (288 per mth).

But we send him in quite late (ard 9+am) and pick him up quite early (sometimes 3+ i'll go pick him up, sometimes 5pm my mum pick him up).

CanCanMum

CC cos i got no time to ferry him to playgroup. & the price of the playgroup (250 per month) is almost the same as the CC (288 per month).

But we send him in quite late (around 9+am) and pick him up quite early (sometimes 3+ i'll go pick him up, sometimes 5pm my mum pick him up).
stonston, can u Pm me the CC address if u can? TIA.

Ting

if im not wrong, pin's sch is also starting to toilet train them.
now, pin is still on diapers but when she wants to pee, she will let us know (if she rmbs)
then will go to the toilet n pee.
then she will call us to help her wash her leg n hands.
:)

stonston

Ting, my son's CC teachers and principal told us if wanna toilet train, dun use diapers at all else they'll be confused. So day time we totally dun let him wear diapers, but gotta keep asking him (cos when they play they'll forget).

stonston

Must be patient. My boy initially also won't say. We just keep asking and asking and asking. When we bring him to pee successfully in the toilet, we'll praise him and remind him to tell us next time. And we teach him what to say exactly "mummy/daddy/auntie, I want to go toilet". it took him ard 1-2 weeks before he started telling us he wanna go toilet without us asking :)

yan2

Mummies, when do you start toilet training? and how?
started toilet training last month for my girl who is 24months. She will be diaper free and i bring her to the toilet every 1/2hrs...when she wee wee, i will clap my hand and praise her..also i will repeat telling her if you need wee wee must tell mummy...at time she will wee wee on the floor..