traveling soon. worried. any advice?

Jode

Hi mummies and mums to be
I'll be traveling for work soon. Will be 14 weeks during the week of travel.
Am rather worried and I don't want to put any harm on baby.
Destination is to Europe.
Does anyone here have a similar experience?
Your advice or comment is much appreciated.
Thanks!

pocus2000

You are travelling at week 14 for one week.
or
You are travelling for 14 weeks?

If it's the first, then dont't worry as it's your 2nd trimester and should be stable already.
But before you go, make sure you got contacts and address of the local Gynae or A&E just in case.

Just practice caution when travelling and take care of your health. dont't eat things you are not familiar with.

If it's the latter. I'd suggest you postpone. 14 weeks is too long...

pinky80

I travelled to London when I was in my 2nd trimester last year. You may need to buy those in flight socks to wear and walk around more often to do stretching on the plane. And don't forget to keep yourself hydrated on the flight.

Qookie

I travelled to Phuket when i was in my 2nd trimester. It's of course not London, but it's still a plane ride and i usually have motion sickness! Thankfully it was a good flight.

You'll have to get a letter from your gynae declaring which stage (how many weeks) you're current at. The airline will need this information.

Have a good time! ;)

Jode

I'll be at 14 weeks when traveling and will be gone for 1 week.
As 14 weeks is just past the first tri to the second, I can't help but be worried.
Thanks for your replies and advice!

zc31

No worries. We just travelled to states, pregnancy into 9weeks only and with a 1yr old kid.
Able to cope jet lag, fatigue and all that kinda thing.
At immigration, just declare you are pregnant and they will let you pass immigration with a simple metal detector and not those overhead or 360 degree x-ray machines.

skt

Oh dear, I didn't know I should declare my pregnancy at the immigration. Do I need to provide any letter from Gynae? I will be travelling to Bangkok next week.

Qookie

You'll need a letter from your gynae otherwise some airlines wouldn't allow you to fly. Especially if you're showing already or look very big (like about to give birth soon). I think they're afraid you'll might give birth in the air! ;)