Trying to concieve for 1.5 years:( please help...

Careena13

Hi all,

Both me and my hubby are 31 married for 3 years. We have been trying to concieve to about 1.5 years but no luck. We desperately want to have a child, please do advice what should we do? We have not told our family and friends about the situation and feeling very lonely in this situation.
Please do adivce us whats the next step to take feeling very confused.:(

eg Like which hospital and any recommendations on any particular doctor. We are really open to any suggestion.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

missyqiqi

have both of u and ur hubby went for medical check up? advised is to have medical check up to see any underlying medical issues. If both of you are cleared, then maybe can try TCM or other methods.

Careena13

thanks Missyqiqi,
any adivce on which hospital to go for this tests... can i do this tests in KKH walk in patient? thanks

missyqiqi

Walk in patient that I;m not very sure..

this is their website Home - KK Women's and Children's Hospital

"General Obstetric services includes:

Preconception health screening
Antenatal care (before birth)
Intrapartum care (during labor and delivery)
Postnatal care (after birth)"

they have a clinic in AMK, maybe u try to fixed an appointment there, if you don't have any doctor in mind.Since they have a list of doctor name at the webpage i provided u try google the doctor and see any reviews on them.

Blk 721, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8
#01-2807
Singapore 560721
(Near Ang Mo Kio Central)

thanks Missyqiqi,
any adivce on which hospital to go for this tests... can i do this tests in Kandang Kerbau Hospital walk in patient? thanks
If you dont't mind to wait, go to poly get the refer letter to any govt hospital - KK, singapore general hospital & NUH. Subsidies will be given on pre-investigate test & doctor fee (hospital assign any doctor) if you have refer letter from poly.

NUH - women's centre gynae. http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/wbn/slot/u2349/Articles/NUH WC doc brochue.pdf
I personally recommend Dr Stephen Chew & Dr Tan Eng Kien -> Friendly

KK - Dr Loh Seong Fei is very famous. My gynae is Hendricks.

But prepared the 'Q' is very long in KK.

Good luck!

Careena13

Thank you really appreciate it.Will find out more.
Any recommended doctors at Mount E for a comprehensive medical checkup and advise?

Careena13

I went to TMC to see KC yeoh, he did some tests on me,ask my husband to go for semen analysis... will be doing that rigthway.. keeping my fingers crossed..

zc31

Personal experience is both went for check. Healthy and good.

Diet change, no caffine, liquor, smoke and only have healthy stuff and whateva food recommended, even doing own honey red date receipe, visiting tcm at amk and places, seek advice from TMC, NUH, MA, overseas holidays, check timing, temperature, etc........still nothing after 2yrs plus.

Finally we kinda gave up after so many disappointment....started our coffee and even change to sports car.....then in a month or two....conceive.

What i'm trying to say is if given both are healthy, it's really a mental thingy. Mental stress really is an obstacle.

Chill and relax...

Preddy

My wife n me have tried for 1.5 years too and managed to conceive. She's into her 15 weeks now. The success story seemed unbelievable for some but no harm sharing with everyone...

We went for a 3-week europe trip to try n get away from the work stress in april/may period but still negative. Then 1 day after my bday in May, i had a very nasty fall which required surgery on my arm n was on long mc.during the long layoff, i did not have any work stress, had proper n timely meals n cut down on smoking.

During e 2 weeks of recuperation (n left arm was totally immobilized due to the cast), we tried 3 times and a few weeks later, we discovered she conceived :)

We couldnt believe it but guess my broken arm was worth it afterall. As the chinese saying goes 因祸得福. So to those who r trying, my advice is of cos not to break ur arm la, but to have proper meals, have plenty of rest n cut down on smoking if u do.

All e best n good luck!

P/s: n do remember to eat plenty of fish cos i had fish everyday for 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

reiann

Hi Careena,

How's KC Yeoh like? What are the charges like at the hospital, and especially, how long is the wait time for the appointment? (i.e. you go to clinic and wait - is it really long?)

Thanks!

Careena13

hi Reiann,

As a person/doctor he is very good a fatherly figure takes his time to explain things and delivers bad news in a postive way with remedy.Puts the patient emotional feelings first.( but also likes to repeat like all old folks). waiting time hmmm can say 1hr to 1.5hrs. charges 80 dollars consultation and depending on medication. i am satisfied with his service and method of explanation.

hope this helps:)

gingertea

Hi Summer, Please dun be sad. I am also mid-30s and i have been trying to conceive since the day i got married and its almost 5 years, unprevented sex for almost 10yrs but in vain. However, im not giving it up. Although im not a fan for IVF or IUI kind of things and tends to take things naturally. I have been tiao-ing my body. And im am going to swtich my TCM as there's not much of result with the current one. Heard say there's one in AMK ave 8 Blk 505 which is near my hse. I going to try. Dont despair and you are not alone. let's fight the war together!!

Cheer up!

I had been TTC for 5 years..no news. Very sad. Mid 30s