TTC with help of Clomid and HCG injection

nostalgia

Hi all, I am new here. I'm 30 years old and just started TTC. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried using Clomid and HCG injection to trigger ovulation and how long did it take you to get pregnant?

After I got off birth control pills, my doc gave me Clomid in case I don't ovulate. This was my first month on this medication and injection. However, my period came and I'm really very disappointed and down right now.

I felt that I had tried my best this month, took vitamins, used sperm-friendly lubricant, had a lot of *** with husband , followed doc's instructions, but no results. I am worried how the next cycle would go. The doc said the medication increase my chances, and it raised my hopes this month. If I don't succeed even with medication I don't know what to do...

I hope someone who has gone through this can share with me their experience and how many tries they took, I really need some encouragement right now...

Last edited:

babymoo

Sometimes it will take 3-6mths if u just got off birth control pills it's normal... Don b too down =)
I tried for 5 yrs but failed badly oso.... Crossed my fingers nw...

Hi all, I am new here. I'm 30 years old and just started TTC. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried using Clomid and HCG injection to trigger ovulation and how long did it take you to get pregnant?

After I got off birth control pills, my doc gave me Clomid in case I don't ovulate. This was my first month on this medication and injection. However, my period came and I'm really very disappointed and down right now.

I felt that I had tried my best this month, took vitamins, used sperm-friendly lubricant, had a lot of *** with husband , followed doc's instructions, but no results. I am worried how the next cycle would go. The doc said the medication increase my chances, and it raised my hopes this month. If I don't succeed even with medication I don't know what to do...

I hope someone who has gone through this can share with me their experience and how many tries they took, I really need some encouragement right now...

nostalgia

Thanks for your reply babymoo! You made me feel better already. You were TTC naturally or with the help of meds? I always wonder how people can keep going after years of TTC and getting your period month after month.... I am already feeling discouraged so soon. Doesn't help that the doc checkups are expensive, each time 100+ and have to wait a long time. Guess I am a really impatient person. People tell me not to be stressed but it's easier said than done!

babymoo

Me too a impatient person... Haa... I manage to become calm after so many failures ba.... I tried natural, comid, IUI.... Nw waitin to try ivf.... Ya doc fee is very ex very high but no choice.... I gave up a lot of times... Nw is my mother in law words which trigger me to fight on... Cos she insult me n my mum which I felt the unfairness n injustice in her words...

Thanks for your reply babymoo! You made me feel better already. You were TTC naturally or with the help of meds? I always wonder how people can keep going after years of TTC and getting your period month after month.... I am already feeling discouraged so soon. Doesn't help that the doc checkups are expensive, each time 100+ and have to wait a long time. Guess I am a really impatient person. People tell me not to be stressed but it's easier said than done!

nostalgia

Me too a impatient person... Haa... I manage to become calm after so many failures .... I tried natural, comid, IUI.... now waitin to try ivf.... Ya doc fee is very ex very high but no choice.... I gave up a lot of times... now is my mother in law words which trigger me to fight on... Cos she insult me n my mum which I felt the unfairness n injustice in her words...
Wah I think your MIL is very nasty! How can she insult you... you are already trying your best and she is doing this kind of thing. Just ignore her. I also tell myself not to be affected by people's comments (I waited for some time after marriage before TTC so now people keep asking those kind of questions... u know what I mean).

babymoo

Ya I got a lot of those comments oso... My MIL said I married into this family 5yrs + can't even give birth all those bullshit ... But yet she jolly well noe prob doesn't lies with me.... Anyway did ur hubby go for SA? If not is gd to test tt oso... U need to have all checks done before u now the probs n tackle on them

Wah I think your MIL is very nasty! How can she insult you... you are already trying your best and she is doing this kind of thing. Just ignore her. I also tell myself not to be affected by people's comments (I waited for some time after marriage before TTC so now people keep asking those kind of questions... u know what I mean).

nostalgia

yah I will prob ask my husband to go for SA if we fail after a few more times. Now don't want to think so much...juz wanna get through December, haha. Thanks for the advice.

babymoo

U have gynae rite? Gynae can help him arrange for SA...Is gynae who will arrange for him to go either mount E or Thomson medical for SA... FYI TMC is cheaper haa