Twins

kathtan

Hi, this is new! and I love it. I have a pair of twin boys, now 15 mths(and a older boy who's 9yrs old).They were born at 30weeks so their development is slightly slower than normal babies (and i am not complaining:) They are learning to walk with support and I am really tired from chasing them. (i don't have a maid to help) I send them to infant care centre.

Any other working full-time mom of twins?

lekdao

I have friend who wife also gave birth to twin on May 2009 at 30 weeks too. they also dun hv maid to help, its the wife taking care of the twins alone since after confinement.

jaybaobei

Hi, this is new! and I love it. I have a pair of twin boys, now 15 mths(and a older boy who's 9yrs old).They were born at 30weeks so their development is slightly slower than normal babies (and i am not complaining:) They are learning to walk with support and I am really tired from chasing them. (i dont't have a maid to help) I send them to infant care centre.

hihi,

i hv a pair of 18mths old twin boy & girl. born at 33weeks. their kkh doctor said it is very normal for twins to hv slower development cos they "fight" for nutrients in the womb and not full term...hence, don't stress yourself and them..relax..

last time i also stress myself by asking why they are not walking, crawling, drink sippy cup etc...but to my surprise, they drink sippy cup without any guidance, my boy walk by himself without any guidance..

my boy now start to walk but not so stable. my girl don't know how to crawl but she moves by dragging her feet like row boat..lol. one of my gf hv premature baby & his development also slower than his older sister..

jaybaobei

I have friend who wife also gave birth to twin on May 2009 at 30 weeks too. they also dont have maid to help, its the wife taking care of the twins alone since after confinement.
how she take care without any help? can teach me?

sometimes i feel abit tired although my maid and i are taking care of them..i hv to look after them when my maid is cooking...

now my boy is learning to walk step by step & i hv to look after him...though my girl still don't know how to walk but she can stand with support like coffee table. she will tend to play the electrical switch..

tell your friend's wife to teach me...SOS...

kathtan

I know what you mean. Sometimes i also very tired. I let them scream and yell and then i put them in the play yard to play by themselves.At least they are safe in the play yard and i can close my eyes for a while( mostly abt 5-10min before they fight in the yard again)

Guess got to make do with whatever we have since they are our children. My colleagues know i dread Fri and long weekends coz i have to take care of them the WHOLE day. I mean they are fun and adorable to play with but really very time consuming and tiring at times.

Amulet

sometimes i feel abit tired although my maid and i are taking care of them..i have to look after them when my maid is cooking...

now my boy is learning to walk step by step & i have to look after him...though my girl still dont't know how to walk but she can stand with support like coffee table. she will tend to play the electrical switch..

maybe you can try baby proofing ur house like covering up the unused socket, binding the wires, ect?

radekisner34

Alpha Male
Hey i am not a mother but have a friend who have twins baby .she is nothing doing different just doing her work as normal mother do.I would suggest you don't bother and take a stress have a normal workout and take a simple care of your both child.

lekdao

sometimes i feel abit tired although my maid and i are taking care of them..i have to look after them when my maid is cooking...

now my boy is learning to walk step by step & i have to look after him...though my girl still dont't know how to walk but she can stand with support like coffee table. she will tend to play the electrical switch..

Sorry for the late replied.

From what i know, the mum will just need to take care of the twins. When the partner is back home, he will out in the hsework, such as cooking, cleaning and marketing on weekend.

At this stage the kids are learning to walk, they bought them a 6 panels playard with playmat. Put them inside when the wife need to hv meal or cook for the kids. Of coz at times, the kids will fight for toys, the parents just let them be so long they dun hurt themselves.

In fact the playard with playmat is a good choice, it can limit them the space to run. And keep them entertained since it comes with activity panel.

If you need more help, i need to check out with my friend.

gerrybeanz

Hi, this is new! and I love it. I have a pair of twin boys, now 15 mths(and a older boy who's 9yrs old).They were born at 30weeks so their development is slightly slower than normal babies (and i am not complaining:) They are learning to walk with support and I am really tired from chasing them. (i dont't have a maid to help) I send them to infant care centre.

HI, I am so glad to have found this site..I have a pair of twin girls now 4 months born 35 weeks....It was initially very tiring as I was totally breastfeeding, but dat only lasted for 1 week, then I switched to alternating between breastfeeding and formula...

I have a helper and my aunty is here to help me out when I go back to work.....

Is infant care expensive? Which infant care center do you send your kids to?

gerrybeanz

Jaybaobei,

I know the feeling, I have not reached your stage yet but my girls can really be a handful........I found books which give tips on dealling with twins really useful, one great book is Ready or not.here we come by Elizabeth Lyons, she gives great ideas as she herself is a mother of twins...

make sure to babyproof your home.....you can get alot of ideas on how to babyproof on the internet.........try parenthood.com, it gives you tips for babyproofing your home for the first 12 months...

Get your helper to cook when the twins are taking a nap...she can always prepare the ingredients first then cook later....this is wat my helper used to do, and somedays when you are feeling really tired, just order in........

Invest in an exersaucer as it will keep the kids entertained for awhile . Also a playpen maybe good for your daughter to keep her out of mischief...

Find opportunities to have ME time, even if it is just taking a walk round the block....it helps....I used to feel overwhelmed too......and the 5 minutes of alone time helped me.......

Try getting them on a sleep schedule so that you can have a few hours of free time and get the much needed sleep.....

I hope this helps....

fairytales

Hi there ,im a mother of twins...non-identical twins...girl/boy
Gave birth on the 12mar2010 at 38plus weeks ... :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

bbyoshi

Wow, seems like a lot of us have twins. I have a pair of non-identical twin boys about 11 months old. They were born at 38 weeks. Doc say is almost full term, very good.

They are still learning to stand and walking with support. They can hold things and push carts to walk on their own. Can't talk yet though... babbling only

I am working full-time. My mummy takes care of them in the day by herself.

Okie lah... taking care of 2 active baby boys is tiring but still manageable. Watching them grow, play, achieve milestones and flash their sweet smiles at you, all the tiredness disappears. :001_302:

fairytales

yes true taking care of twins can be very very tiring(body & mind) but its worth every single bit....im a working mum too...my twins are 8months now...will upload the pics if i have the time...:001_302:

Hi

I have a pair of twin boys, they are now 20 mths old.

Their development is slower than their peers, i am a bit concern but hubby says no worry they will catch up in time.

I am a full time working mother and i send my boys to babysitter every morning and take them home in the evening.

Taking care of them is tiring but like all mommies here, it is all worth it and seeing their mischief and smiles really melt my heart.

popcornsMUM

Hi

I have a pair of twin boys, they are now 20 mths old.

Their development is slower than their peers, i am a bit concern but hubby says no worry they will catch up in time.

I am a full time working mother and i send my boys to babysitter every morning and take them home in the evening.

Taking care of them is tiring but like all mommies here, it is all worth it and seeing their mischief and smiles really melt my heart.

Hi Catherine!

I read in this other thread that you had a fantastic confinement nanny help you with your twins. My mom and MIL are getting on in years
and I think they may not be able to cope with the babies. Can you PM me her contact & cost please? Much appreciated!! =)

Hi Catherine!

I read in this other thread that you had a fantastic confinement nanny help you with your twins. My mom and MIL are getting on in years
and I think they may not be able to cope with the babies. Can you PM me her contact & cost please? Much appreciated!! =)
Hi there

The last my mother in law contacted the confinement nanny in June this year, she has stopped taking assignment as confinement nanny. She is now babysitting.

Hope you will find a good nanny soon.

sept2980

Congrats from Milksupply!

For your future savings on milk powder, you can contact us.

Stage 1 milk available too.

Thanks

Milkmilksupply
Baby & Milk
Facebook: milkmilksupply@gmail.com (add me to your facebook:))

Order form:

Name:
Contact number:
Email address:
Milk Type(Weight)/No. of tins (eg:Enfalac A+(900g)/13 tins):
Delivery address(if applicable) ($7 per delivery):

Collection points:
1. Clementi West Street 1 Blk 606 (near to West Coast plaza)
2. Jurong West Ave 5, Blk 723 (after 3pm)
3. Hougang St 92, Blk 941 Loading Bay (Appointment only - sat morning 945am / 1115am)

Once we received your orders, we will advise you on the delivery/collection date&time.

Jasztea

My twin babies girls are arriving in Nov 2011 (Edd)... so excited and nervous too.. desperately finding a good nanny for my confinement period... any recommendation..

tweetytwee

My twin babies girls are arriving in Nov 2011 (Edd)... so excited and nervous too.. desperately finding a good nanny for my confinement period... any recommendation..
Hi Congrats! :) U must be feeling very excited. :p Enjoy! :p
Having twins are very fun though. I have 1 gal 1 boy twins. Too lovely liao.... Keke
Enjoy the double happiness but x4 the effort. :p