Umbilical Hernia

YUKIYOYO

Any baby has this condition where the belly button stick out especially when the baby cry? Is it serious & require surgery to push the belly button in? My baby is 7 weeks old & I noticed his belly button will stick out when he cries.

stephiechu

No need surgery one. My mum told me tt last time I baby also keep like that when I cry too hard. Doctor say need surgery. But my mum don't want. So she went to those chinese medical shop, the person dunno ask her get wad, and also use 50cents coin to press on my belly button. After that okie liao.

angelaong

My baby had umbilical hernia when he was born. And it was so scary because it pops out at all times. But our pd said it will should off before he turns 1 as he utilise more stomach muscles. At 6 months old it just faded off on its own and no more hernia.

ahken333

hi yukiyoyo,

do you find the hernia causing any trouble to your baby? if no dont go for any surgery it will become better as time goes by . My twins is pram the elder one had this issue too, but when he is ard 5 mths old it goes to normal. So dont worry so much unless its causing trouble to your baby.

cheers

bakedash98

My baby had hernia surgery with Dr Dennis Koh soon after birth but for congenital diaphragmatic hernia. I understand that umbilical hernias resolve on their own without treatment but in some cases maybe after a few years it's a good idea to have checkup