Unable to sit by herself

Angeleye

Y don't u bring your baby to a pd. Just to be sure she's developing alright. Some babies may be a little slower, but do seek medical attention if u really worried.

Wendy7788

My brother's son 10month old cant flip , can't sit , can't hold milk bottle went to see his pd he say nothing some slow some fast.

cyberie

I let her sit on the dumbo chair.. now she can sit by herself.. though not for long as she is too noti.. keep moving.. cant sit still..
thanks all

kimitsusei

8 months old baby can begin sitting in high chair, because they will have better neck control by then.

We use the white plastic one from IKEA. Very durable and easy to clean. My 2nd baby only begins to sit totally unsupported inside his playpen between 10~11 months old. Flip, crawl and sit... while playing toys in there. Every child develops at individual pace.

Approaching 1 year old, he is now learning to stand on his own, with hands grabbing the playpen top-bar for support. Sometimes, he will cruise alongside the playpen, as he practises walking. He cannot stand fully unsupported yet, he will lose his balance or try to grab onto something nearby for support.

I am considering to buy a set of training rings to clip onto his playpen, so that he can grip upon the training rings and pull himself up to standing position. That way, we do not need to frequently use our hands to pull him up. The training rings look useful to me.

Last edited: