underweight toddler due to bfeeding?

Mummy to Baby V

Thanks for the verification!

His current PAP principal was actually very surprised that I'm still nursing him. And in fact, after she learnt about, did she know the reason why my boy is hardly absent from school even though the virus may be going around affecting the rest of his classmates but not him.

I strongly believe in child-led weaning, when he knows he's ready to step into the next milestone of his life. Well, I'm just suprsed at times that I'm still producing milk & his just not suckling for comfort cos hb & he do get insect bites, sore eyes, etc.....nothing beats "fresh milk" from me. Hb used to find it yucky but when his cut on his finger healed within hours after applying my milk, he's totally convinced.

Many of his classmates were breastfed too but not as long as he is. They do share their experiences among themselves & nope, they shouldn't feel shameful about it. They should feel good that their mummy is giving them the best start in life......
Yes, absolutely best for building immunity. Even though my boy was breastfed for only 18 months, he's very resilient. I joked with hubby that our youngest kid in future would get to breastfeed as long as he likes, 7 years old? So be it, haha... :)

And another mum mentioned osteoporosis. Many women who don't breastfeed get it too. We just need to pump more calcium into our diet and exercise more. That's why I only choose pro-breastfeeding doctors, to avoid hearing unsound advice that puts our efforts down.

ast0212

Apparently if you have breastfed, you reduce the risk of osteoporosis, breast and ovarian cancer. The more longer you breastfeed, the smaller the risk is. :D

elaine01

Apparently if you have breastfed, you reduce the risk of osteoporosis, breast and ovarian cancer. The more longer you breastfeed, the smaller the risk is. :D
Or should I say that the longer you breastfeed, you stronger or "more resilient" against these, as quoted by a girlfriend.....

ewcp

I don't agreed that breastfeed will make you look old and haggard so mommies don't 'scared' by this sentence!!
It's depend how you maintain yourself:) To me, breastfeed is the greatest present for my baby!
My mom keep asking me to stop breastfeeding but I did not listen to her:)

elaine01

I don't agreed that breastfeed will make you look old and haggard so mommies don't 'scared' by this sentence!!
It's depend how you maintain yourself:) To me, breastfeed is the greatest present for my baby!
My mom keep asking me to stop breastfeeding but I did not listen to her:)
My mum's the opposite! She's very encouraging even to date.....especially my grandma :)

lsy

Hi mummies, my girl is on bm and weight gain slowed down since 3rd month. With only 200g gain per month.Partly due to her being in infant care, rejecting bottle and super active. She being bf baby is drinking lesser from bottle during day and I guess she know she gets to latch at night. I believe reverse cycling do apply. At times I tried bottle feed for a few days and take note her total intake. She able to take the same amount as most peers. When bottle feed for a few days she accepts the bottle better. But once I latch at night she started drinking lesser through bottle again.
Born at full term 3.3kg and now at 1 year old only 8kg.
I listened to PD and supplemented 1 feed of fm per day. On 1 hand it is getting harder for me to get letdown when pumping at work. Fail to pump enough for infant care (to feed and when expired in 1 hour to discard).
On the Other hand i agree with PD when he put it in a nice way "in preparation for weaning" u can substitute 1 feed of ebm with fm coz I have no control over the nutrients of solid food from infant care. Think he is trying to say treat that 1 feed as if we adults taking multi vits supplement ba.
My girl have reach all her milestones 2-3 months earlier than peers.
Flipping at 2.5months, crawling at 6months and walking at 10.5months. So who to say underweight or bf babies is not strong to walk?
Each baby milestone is different.

lsy

When talking bout bf babies we relate to immunity and lesser illness or milder viruses attacks.
May I know any mummies here bf baby in infant care getting cold (runny nose/cough) like once a month?
Pls share

Mummy to Baby V

Hi mummies, my girl is on bm and weight gain slowed down since 3rd month. With only 200g gain per month.Partly due to her being in infant care, rejecting bottle and super active. She being bf baby is drinking lesser from bottle during day and I guess she know she gets to latch at night. I believe reverse cycling do apply. At times I tried bottle feed for a few days and take note her total intake. She able to take the same amount as most peers. When bottle feed for a few days she accepts the bottle better. But once I latch at night she started drinking lesser through bottle again.
Born at full term 3.3kg and now at 1 year old only 8kg.
I listened to PD and supplemented 1 feed of fm per day. On 1 hand it is getting harder for me to get letdown when pumping at work. Fail to pump enough for infant care (to feed and when expired in 1 hour to discard).
On the Other hand i agree with PD when he put it in a nice way "in preparation for weaning" u can substitute 1 feed of ebm with fm coz I have no control over the nutrients of solid food from infant care. Think he is trying to say treat that 1 feed as if we adults taking multi vits supplement ba.
My girl have reach all her milestones 2-3 months earlier than peers.
Flipping at 2.5months, crawling at 6months and walking at 10.5months. So who to say underweight or bf babies is not strong to walk?
Each baby milestone is different.
I'm a SAHM, so it's naturally more convenient to breastfeed. I always salute working mums who persevere to express milk for their babies. Kudos!!!

My #2 is now 6+ months old. He's more petite compared to his super-chubby brother, yet his milestones are much earlier. Both fully breastfed, guess it's just differences in individual appetite for milk and how active the baby is.

Happy breastfeeding! :)

elaine01

When talking bout bf babies we relate to immunity and lesser illness or milder viruses attacks.
May I know any mummies here bf baby in infant care getting cold (runny nose/cough) like once a month?
Pls share
DS does fall sick monthly once he starts playgroup. Yes, he's on solids already & EBM in between. Things got better after 6 months. He still does fall sick but very mild ones & recover very fast, faster than when mummy falls sick.