Underweright baby?

DSinMummy

dear mummies, would like to share that my boy was a 29th weeker premmie, was only 1.38kg when he was born. So tiny that my hubby can just carry him with one hand. He was in incubator for at least 4 wks, and was discharged from Neonatal ICU in 6 wks.

He is now a healthy 2 1/2 year old cheerful boy. He is also a little underweight, only weighing 11.8 kg. Other than that, all his growing milestones are normal.

I am always thankful and grateful that he has managed to pull thru the difficult period, so he is forever my bravest little angel. As long as baby is healthy and cheerful, that is what most important to me.

Hope my story can encourage some mummies with prem. Stay positive and happy
hey angie, dont worry. my 1st girl is now 2 yrs 4 mths and weighs only 11 kg too... :) she's a petite lil thing. but as long as they are healthy, i think we mummies dont have to be too overly concerned by their weight :)

AngieY

hey angie, dont worry. my 1st girl is now 2 yrs 4 mths and weighs only 11 kg too... :) she's a petite lil thing. but as long as they are healthy, i think we mummies dont have to be too overly concerned by their weight :)
Thanks DSin mummy, his weight is also because he is a picky eater.
We always have to coax him with his fav Thomas the train to make sure he finish his porridge. He also seldom finishes his milk, always left 40-60mls. So wasteful. Other than that, he is such an angel. :tlaugh:

candle

Not to worries mummies! My girl was born at 31 weeks. At the weight of 1.96kg. I was freaking out at that pt of time. And she was so small in size.

But overall, she took in her milk etc quite well. And at the age of coming 13 mths in 4 days time, her weight and all is very much acceptable. In fact, she is quite abit bigger in size than some other babies i've seen of her age. Hehe.

Just that probably she was born abt 2 mths earlier, her progress liek crawling etc i have to minus away 2 mths of a normal growing girl. But the rest like eating etc, she's fine. =) So not to worry mummies, cause babies who are premmiees will definitely catch up.

diymummy

my baby was born at 36 weeks by emergency c-sect due to me having pre-eclampsia. when he was born he was 2.3kg and he lost weight till he 2.1kg end of 1st week. he was always sleepy and refused to drink milk also coz he had reflux problem so his feeding was like every 2 hrs.

now he's 9 mths and happily munching on 3 meals a day with 5 milk feeds. he only just started crawling.

gotta agree gotta minus off 1 mth coz he was pre-mature but that amt of time but not to worry, preemies will catch up and i even heard a lot of aunties told me that preemies are cleverer!! LOL. i hope that's true :p

pkshl

hi mummies, my boy was born premature @ 35wks 3days. when will he start crawling & talking?

can mummies here advice pls?

hi mummies, my boy was born premature @ 35wks 3days. when will he start crawling & talking?

can mummies here advice pls?
My girl too! I think the developmental milestones should not be delayed although they are preterm. Would imagine they would have caught up by then, as opposed to the really early premies. Speech development can vary from child to child. My son uttered his first work only when he was about 15months. Boys are generally a little slower with some of these milestones too :)

She's 6 weeks and 4kg, up from 2.19kg at birth and I think that's quite rapid growth :) Was your boy small at birth? Is he crawling?

radekisner34

Alpha Male
One of mine friend have a baby which been a premature child then doctor suggest him to keep him in glass pot for few weeks after it will gain some weight then take your baby to your home happily.And now the baby is a good and healthier child living happily.

gkoreioprg

These exercises are good for health and help you reduce the extra pounds you have gained. You can do it 5 days a week for some time. Eating certain foods can boost your metabolism if it is kind of sluggish. Your body is recovering from pregnancy.

My 8th months old baby was born a month earlier the EDD so it was 8 months and that stage was crucial month as their lungs are full of fluids...

She weigh 2.1 and now she was pretty healthy...

Preemies should have more attention as you need to look for their development.

LMummy

My boy was born 2.17kg. He was born 37th week. Now turning 21mth only 10.4kg... Picky eater.... Need to coax him to eat porridge and drink milk always can't finish ...
Wonder what can i do to make him eat slightly more?????

ErinMummy

Hi my daughter was born 2.1 kg at 37 weeks. Now she is 12 months but only 6.5 kg and 65 cm tall (way below the percentile)...she's eats everything as long they are food... her milk consumption is 150 ml 5x a day 2 x porridge (can eat one and a half bowl)...in between puffs, cheese, sometimes bread...forever asking for food...and she is very very active....sleeps one hour or less in the day time and night time 9 or 10 hours only....she does not seem to be growing fast...and i'm very worried she cannot catch up to her peers...my hubby and me are short 1.55 cm...could this be the reason? Please help!

angelaong

My baby was born at 33 weeks weighing 1.9kg. Now at 13 months, he is about 10.3kg and 82cm.
I think parents will tend to give extra care to premmies so they will grow very well. And because, my son loves food just like his papa and me so that could also be why he is gaining well.

sept2980

mummies i have full range of abbott milk from stage 1 onwards.

enfa, nestle also have

keen whats app 91290316

sg source