Unwed mother

utopia9

i all, need advice for my current situation as i am kinda lost.

im currently 7weeks pregnant, unwed. as im already 34 and im not easily conceived, thus abortion is not an option even though the father is not in the picture. but there are alot of questions which i trying to seek for answers to:

Work
1. when to inform HR about pregnancy since im unwed, thus things might get sticky. and what to expect?
2. any unwed mother who is working as a middle-management? how do you handle your colleagues (bosses and subordinates)?

Home
1. how to inform parents and what is the best way to prep them?
2. i am currently staying with my old parents, thus thinking of getting a maid to help ease the some of the chores. is there any maid subsidy?

anything more that i should be expecting? im trying my best on on monetary wise, since i will need to support my parents and my new member.

thanks in advance. appreciate.

Hi,

Are you aware of SPIN (Single Parents Informed, Involved, Included), a non-for-profit organisation under HCSA Dayspring? SPIN provides support to single parents (unwed, divorced/widowed, etc) who are unsupported or facing limited support emotionally, physically and financially. It runs empowerment workshops, organises family activities for members to interact with one another, etc. It has social workers as well as volunteers who are more than willing to lend a listening ear and connect you to people and resources that are available. If you are interested in finding out more about how SPIN can support you in your journey as a single parent (mummies or daddies), please PM me or you can also google online for more details!

Stay strong and courageous!

Last edited:

Baby fluff

Is this thread still active? Jinglebells, I'm going through the same thing, pregnant and unwed. The worst part is I'm unemployed. I'm desperately trying to look for job but no employer wants to hire pregnant women. I'm currently 7 weeks. How far are you now?

utopia9

i have already delivered a healthy and cheerful boy. 33weeks + 4weeks pp were fast. i realised, a lot of things i dont have to think so much, my family members and colleagues are supportive and understanding. though there are tough and emotional times, but once i think of my bb, nothing matters.

there are still companies willing to employ pregnant ladies, just that maybe temp jobs without maternity benefits.. but better than out of job and no income totally right? try to join those mummies group as some of them provide constructive advice.

Baby fluff

i have already delivered a healthy and cheerful boy. 33weeks + 4weeks pp were fast. i realised, a lot of things i dont have to think so much, my family members and colleagues are supportive and understanding. though there are tough and emotional times, but once i think of my bb, nothing matters.

there are still companies willing to employ pregnant ladies, just that maybe temp jobs without maternity benefits.. but better than out of job and no income totally right? try to join those mummies group as some of them provide constructive advice.
Yup, I don't think of maternity benefits now. Just want to get a job to tide me over the time being. Glad to hear that you are coping fine now. Wish I can overcome this difficult times. Do you know where I can ask for donated baby clothes as I can't afford much. Thanks for the help.

utopia9

You can search in Facebook with the key word blessing. This is what i joined https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401869386774919/

And i have whatsapp group for single mom, let me know if you interested to join. We can care and help each other in time of needs.

May i know how old are you and when is your due date? Boy or girl? I can pass you if you want..

Baby fluff

You can search in Facebook with the key word blessing. This is what i joined https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401869386774919/

And i have whatsapp group for single mom, let me know if you interested to join. We can care and help each other in time of needs.

May i know how old are you and when is your due date? Boy or girl? I can pass you if you want..
Tks utopia9. I'm currently 7 weeks, still a long way to go. I'm 39 this year. Can I join the group chat as I have not deliver yet?

JackDuncan

Being a single mother is incredibly hard, but you slowly learn to deal with it. It will definitely help if your parent will be involved in raising your children and helping you do all the necessary chores. I believe that hiring a maid is a good choice as well, especially if you can afford it. It's always better when there's more help! Don't forget that seeking the guidance of others isn't a show of weakness. I raised my firstborn all by myself until I met my current husband. We have even become foster parents ever since through the fosterplus.org agency, and I have never been more grateful :)

Littleshiba78

stay strong, always believe that there are plans for you in your own life to be in the current situation. Thank you for not giving up on the young life simply because you are facing their arrival without your other halve.

mpyc526

Hi any chat group for unwed mom? Currently 5 weeks pregnant, any single mommy's group that I can connect with?

SMSG

Hi any chat group for unwed mom? Currently 5 weeks pregnant, any single mommy's group that I can connect with?
Hi mpyc526, I just signed up for this breastfeeding seminar. Thought I'd share with u if you're keen to learn to be better prepared for labour and breast feeding. Dr Wong Boh Boi, a lactating consultant known as Baby Whisperer, will be speaking at the event!

Attachments