Vaginal yeast infection

nora23

Hi Mommies,

Do you get it even after givin birth? I gave birth 3 mths ago n i tink I'm having it...... Hws yeast infection like?
Will doc give medication? Orally or there's a pessary for e vagina?
Must c GP or go women's clinic?
Do doc do swab/blood test?

thks

xicloudix

I had it before i am pregnant, went to the polyclinic to see doc, gave me some pills to insert into vagina every day for a period of 6 days, and told me to come for a pap smear after the next mensuration....

but... i recover after 3days and lazy to insert it anymore.... and did not went for pap smear as i got pregnant after that haha and period did not come......

its normal to have an infection, it can be easily be cured...

differnt ppl have different symptoms, itchy, yellow/greenish discharge, lumpy etc...

sugarcookie

Yeast infection is very common.

You can go to a GP or your gynae. Most likely you will be giving pessaries to be inserted.

If the infection is really bad, you may be given oral anti-fungal meds too.

But don't worry! Such infections are super common!

jxmummy

i still have it every now and then after giving birth, super irritating! (even when i'm pregnant)
went to polyclinic to get tablets for inserting purpose and cream to apply.
yup, don't worry, it's very common in woman.

meiteoh

Vaginal yeast infection occurs when there is an imbalance of good and bad bacteria. Good bacteria exists in our bodies to keep the bad bacteria and yeast at bay. Douching, using pads that have fragrances and excessive use of soap can lead to this imbalance which in turn encourages candida yeast to grow and multiple.

Yeast infection alone is not dangerous and usually goes away after a while - especially if you're about to have a period (yeast hates menses blood to the T). But its symptoms - chronic itching and such - may result in broken skin which in turn can lead to bacterial infection and so forth.

Yeast infections are marked by a typical cottage cheese discharge (looks like feta) and a yeasty/beer-like smell. What helps to keep yeast infections at bay is yoghurt or probiotic supplements, using non-fragrance pads/liners, no douching and lots of fluids, especially cranberry juice. Do keep on eye on your sugar intake as well as yeast loveees sugar.

I used to have very bad episodes of infections particularly after taking antibiotics. I don't like taking anti-fungal for yeast infections as it may build more resistant strains so I stick to natural home remedies if possible. Since taking probiotic supplements and/or more yoghurt, I have never had an attack, not even when I was pregnant (pregnant women risk getting yeast infections because of the hormonal changes in the body).

Hope this info helps!

nora23

Thks mommies. went to GP and was prescribed a 1-time anti-fungal pill and 1-time vaginal pessary. I admit I've been havin sweet stuffs lately... From now on, I'm gonna take yoghurt.

xicloudix

Is the infection harmful to fetus if left untreated?

Erm from what my doc tells me, its ok and normal... as long as no bleeding.... so far i have it since day 1 of my pregnancy... if you have the infection, you may wan to ask ur doc to check on it to double confirm... but should be no prob, alot mummies have it, very very common....

meiteoh

If you're on a diet, low-fat natural yoghurt is good with or without flavours. Just make sure they have live cultures/probiotics.

If you're lactose intolerant or just don't like yoghurt, can buy those probiotic supplements but make sure the "count" is high like something within the billions and not millions. :)

nora23

If you're on a diet, low-fat natural yoghurt is good with or without flavours. Just make sure they have live cultures/probiotics.

If you're lactose intolerant or just dont't like yoghurt, can buy those probiotic supplements but make sure the "count" is high like something within the billions and not millions. :)
U said dat yeast hates menses blood....so lets sat if a woman who is having yeast infection gte sher menses, wat happens to the yeast infection? it goes away?

xicloudix

you said dat yeast hates menses blood....so lets sat if a woman who is having yeast infection gte sher menses, what happens to the yeast infection? it goes away?

yes for me it will also goes away... so sometimes rather happy to have menses coz when having menses, it will not be itchy... haha... but it will comes back after menses, maybe in a week or 2...

bubbybub

nowadays they sell the pill (to insert) over the counter in pharmacies. I believe brand is candesten or something like that.

Or you can try the yogurt method. Yogurt has bacteria in it which is good for killing off yeast. You can either eat alot alot of it (But really gotto eat alot for any effect.. like 2-3 boxes a day).
Alternatively, you can buy those plain yogurt (No sugar added), use a tampon, dip it in yogurt and insert. This is a faster way but some ppl might feel yucky so its up to you. Oh and better not do this above method if you're pregnant.. if you're pregnant i would suggest going to see your gynae about it instead :)

knut29

for me i had it before pregnancy.. didnt go away no matter how many times i insert the pessary (i went to kkh a few times).. stays on even after menses..

during pregnancy it stays on..

after natural delivery, it went away..

very irritating to have those curd discharge.. =s

dwarfs8

so if infected, and you are pregnancy, what will the doctor do?

i used to have yellow and smelly / fishy odour from the discharge, but it's not itchy. After i got pregnant (but i miscarried after 6 weeks), I told my gynae abt it, but he told me it's very common and no cause for concern, and so didn't do any test on it.