Vaginal yeast infection

Jofeny

I used to have it quite frequent in the past. Comes n go comes n go, irritating.

I tried all sorts of food, but it didn't really help. Went gynae n ate anti biotics too, spent a lot, doesn't help too.

Finally a male GP cured me.

Some habits that you might need to follow:
- shave away your pubic hair. Yeast is mould n they like moist condition. Like it or not, when we perspire sweat or after we go toilet, our pubic area tends to b moist n provide excellent home for yeast to grow.
- cut down on tea/coffee/bubble tea/sweet stuff/vinegar as they are capable to change the PH of your discharge
- keep your panty liner dry. If gaving menses, change pad every 3-4 hours
- no spraying of water at your vaginal (this will kill the good bacteria n encourage yeast to grow)
- if at home, wear airy pants. Avoid wearing super tight jeans when outside
- if all the abv doesn't work, best to see a GP or gynae to ask them to get a sample n send for lab test to identify the type of yeast present. N prescribe medication in accordance to the kind of yeast determined. Those over the counter inserts are used for general yeast but not all yeast are able to b cured using the standard insert.

I was suffering from yeast on n off for nearly 9 months. It's really v irritating. I followed the above n my yeast infection didn't come for the last 2 years already. Good luck.

pixie

If you opt for natural birth, at around 38-39 weeks, the Gynae will perform swab test to see if you have vaginal infection. If the result is positive, a jab will be given to you prior to you 'pushing' your baby. If it's not treated, there is a risk of causing blindness to the newborn.

Can you take garlic? Some mummies can't stand the smell of garlic, fish, onion etc. If you can, try to add (or increase the amount of) garlic in your diet as I find that it helps to prevent/reduce vaginal infection. I have minimum infection during my pregnancy but the swab test result (80% will indicate positive and yes, it's common to have vaginal/yeast infection)came out negative. I am not sure is this due to my likes in Yoghurt stuff and consuming garlic, ginger and onion.

AylaInz

Wow.. Great info to all mummies... Actually ive been having all the
Problems above n tot dat im allergic to something but after reading
All info above helps alot.. But i dun eat yogurt.. How bout vitagen? Sound like
funny la.. Does it help?

Angeldust

Hi mummies, i never had yeast infection before but got it during pregnancy! It was terrible and the dr cldn't prescribe the much stronger pills. So for awhile, it never really it go away totally until I started taking yogurt drinks.
You can read more at my blog Dealing with heartburn, constipation & so on… |
I also had constant bowel movements thanks to the yogurt drinks.

vel

I feel itchy down there sometimes during the night. is this a signfor yeast infection? other than that my discharge is normal.

lindadickens

Yeast infection occurs due to fungus attack. I was personally very much fed up from this problem but my elder sister suggested me to apply Calendula Pessaries on infected area and now I am feeling much better.

oldmanpeanut

Dear all ladies,

I need help on this. My wife is have recurring yeast infection once in awhile.

she has tried going to gyane and also tried TCM for a month to balance her health.

but so far the root of the problem doesn’t seems to be solve.

so we plan to try another doctor to seek different advice.

does anyone here has a good contact to recommend?

appreciate all and thanks in advance!

kimmiiii

I've had this before, very very embarrassing and uncomfortable to have. I had itchiness and discharge down there so you can imagine my discomfort especially when I was out. Aside from practicing proper hygiene I also checked with my gynae Dr Ben Choey. He just gave me antifungal medication which helped clear out the itchiness and discharge after a week.