Vegetable Stock

Mum2Matty

Wash and chop mixed vegetables such as onion, carrot, celery, tomato, cabbage or spinach.
Simmer in water for 10-15 mins and strain.

lisa_ng

hi mum2matty, was wondering if this recipe can be use for 6mos baby? wonder if onion it's ok to give? thanks :)

summer

mum2matty,
the cabbage is the chines bao cai har?

normally, i oso freeze my stock. i prepare one week's supply...

yuki

ya..me too i used to freeze the stk for a wk usage. cos it is convenient n save time when i prepare my gal porridge for my 15mth gal to bring to her infant sch everyday for BF(although sch do provide lik biscuit /bread/cereal,but i think homecook fd will be more nutritious)....this is what i do, at night, i will use this TIGER BRAND magic porridge maker thermo jar to cook my porridge ( put grain in wif boiling water and leave it to next day, which turn out to be soft porridge and still warm). Next morning at 6am , i will drain the ready warm porridge and add to the boiling vege stock (from freezer) and add in fish(threadfin, prefably)... the whole session took ard 15mins....
I also freeze vege puree lik brocoilli /carrot/potato/pea/sweet potato/pumpkin..so that she can had it for teabreak at school for a mixture for 4 cubes. The sch will warm it up for her before serving.

yummumamanda

I guess my hesitance to go the full veg, as it were, was that I was sure vegetable stock wouldn’t be able to give the richness and depth that one gets from stock made from bones. I was worried that my dish would be lacking in flavour.

Steadam2011

I save veggie scraps in a ziplock bag in my freezer until I get a good size batch. Using a large pot, add them & water bring to a boil, simmer until veggies are tender. Add seasonings of choice. I use Garlic, Salt & Pepper. Strain the mixture, put in to serving size freezer containers(2 cups) will last in freezer for 6 months.
This stock varies each time it's made as to what veggies I have been using in my meals.

Last edited: