Vomiting non stop

Happy Droplet

Hi all experienced mum,
Is it normal to vomit what you have ate, feeling nausea and having headache at the same time. I do not have any appetite to eat also. I'm abt 5 weeks pregnant but lmp shd be 7w. So gynae have prescribed hormones pill for me. Can ask whether is all the above caused by the pill or it is natural. Im abit worry if I am still unable to consume a proper meal. Im afraid my baby may not get enough nutrients.
Helpless first time mama.

This is morning sickness (in short forum call it MS). Welcome to motherhood :) The duration of such morning sickness varies for every mother. Like myself, the first baby, not much of such MS. But for the second one, now I am into 13 weeks and the vomiting part is still too much to bear. Other symptoms u might/might not get it is headaches, tiredness , gastric, heartburn, bloated stomach etc. By the way, hormones pill can cause nauseous as well. Do not worry much on whether baby will get nutrients now, they will eventually when your MS stops.

My gynae told me I need to find my own comfort drink / food that can reduce my nauseous. you need trial and error. my family doctor did tell me to drink something sweet after vomiting. Initially I try horlicks, milo , ovaltine but later I prefer Ribena, carbonated non caffeine drinks which helps me a little. Milk is a life saviour to me because I got bad gastric during night. By the way, multivitamin can make nauseous worse, so my gynae delay until 12 weeks then prescribe to me. I lost some weight 1.5kg, but she told me not to worry because I can slowly gain back once my MS get batter, I can eat better food.

hueychye79

Well, my morning sickness when my baby is about 8 weeks until around 20 weeks my MS totally gone off.

So, is really depends of the individual.

I still remember that time i can't take milo because every time i take sure vomit.

For me, i am vomit after each meal but luckly i didn't lose any gain..

Agree with ilovebbdylan, must try and error for the food because different people react the food is different.

Most important thing, relax and enjoy the prenancy.

I always told my friend, i am enjoy preggy time even my MS sickness, heartburn, giddy, tireness give me a lot uncomfort feeling but when I touch my tummy and feel the movement of baby - i am glad the heaven give me a preciouse present.

Although now my 2 kids sometimes give me a lot of troubles..

Munny

I'm 8 weeks and also having very terrible MS (all day sickness), i have lost ard 4kg in less than a month. No appetite to eat, feels gassy and vomit alot too... i tried to drink ornage juice, but oly if accompanied with food. hope it will subside soon!

Poppui

Well I am FTM mummy and already given birth this year. I will share my story here.

I also had Vomitted, headache / giddiness no appetite, bloated tummy, upper body extremely pain and motion sickness during 6 weeks till 16 weeks. My gynea said it's normal. It may last longer depend on each individual.

Sometimes, I almost collapse in the public transport cause of my motion sickness and not having enough oxygen but manage to regain my conscious. My gynea only advise if you really cannot hold please try not to hit your head.

As for appetite, I took a lot of fruits, porridge, candy, hot tea and soup every 2-3 hours. Basically, something warm, sweet and easy to digest.

In addition, I can't take milk but I keep on trying every 2 weeks to drink it. if I still vomit, need to try again next time. At least, Milo can be drink during 6/7 months of my pregnancy

Don't worry, be happy and enjoy your pregnancy.

Kevindaddy

New daddy in the making , dun see a lot of guys in this forum, but pop in to gather information for my wife. She is feeling so horrible with MS and see her this way made me felt bad. Anyone here experienced lots of gases that caused burping? She keeps burping and vomit every time she takes some food. Now reduced to taking only bee hoon and some fruits. She has also become like a super machine, her sense of smell and hearing is like doubled, now I have to watch tv mute even in the living room. Is heighten sense normal?

DaddyH

New daddy in the making , dun see a lot of guys in this forum, but pop in to gather information for my wife. She is feeling so horrible with MS and see her this way made me felt bad. Anyone here experienced lots of gases that caused burping? She keeps burping and vomit every time she takes some food. Now reduced to taking only bee hoon and some fruits. She has also become like a super machine, her sense of smell and hearing is like doubled, now I have to watch tv mute even in the living room. Is heighten sense normal?
Hey mate,

Soon to be new daddy here too.

My wife doesn't really vomit although she's got this almost vomiting and burping thingy. She's alway hungry too. Sometimes I run out of ideas of what to feed her! Haha

And yeah, her sense of smell is really sensitive now!

Kevindaddy

Hey mate,

Soon to be new daddy here too.

My wife doesn't really vomit although she's got this almost vomiting and burping thingy. She's alway hungry too. Sometimes I run out of ideas of what to feed her! Haha

And yeah, her sense of smell is really sensitive now!

Same me for me....already out of ideas what to feed her. Drove from bukit panjang to tampines just to buy breakfast from a specific stall.....yesterday craved for prata in the middle of the night....lol....went gynae again for her MS, doc says she is not at her peak yet...scary.

Fynn88

I have horrible morning sickness too. For most mums, it clears at around 12 weeks. Tell yr wife to hang in there!! Give her lots of hugs and love!!

Fynn88

Let her doc know. Mine prescribed anti emetic pills for me. Dun worry, it has no effect on the baby these anti vomiting pills.

lostinsg

Best to ask gynae.. I have MS from week 5 till delivery... Whole 9 months... I have [h=2]Hyperemesis Gravidarum (Severe Nausea&Vomiting During Pregnancy)[/h] and have to be under medication.. Also, I can only eat specific food during 1st 4 months... Otherwise will vomit.. I lost almost 7 kg in 1st tri but gained back after that... Bb out n healthy... If MS too terrible, ask gynae for solution... Hang in there... :)

Blurayn

Hi, I am 11 weeks now. Have been vomitting and burping non-stop. And don't know is it because of excessive vomitting, I even vomited little blood out too. Been admitted once for drip. But once I discharged the prob comes back. I can't even stand any cook food smell. Esp when I step into food court. This is also my first pregnancy . Really at a loss now. Feeling mentally and physically strain. Will also break down sometimes due to unbearable gastric pain

EliseToh

Congrats mummies-to-be! In addition to a more careful diet, my pregnant friends also take health supplements to boost their nutrients intake for their babies. They had no nausea, swollen limbs, hairfall, acne, backaches, etc. Some were still running around until their last hour before birth! Those who had conceived, have complete and healthy babies; some had thick hair, seldom fall sick, and are fast-learners. Recently, I got to know President Obama is also taking the same brand. In case you would like to find out more, feel free to PM me. Take care and see ya! :)