Waiting Time for My First Skool?

Triquetra

Hi Mummies,

Am wondering what is the waiting time to get a vacancy for your toddler at My First Skool?

I registered my daughter for a upcoming centre at Boon Lay CC more than a month ago, emailed them to check for confirmation but was told that there are about 90 ~ 100 applicants ahead of me.

Perhaps I have registered my daughter too late as I was trying for the centres at Clementi before. Now I am wondering when should I register for my coming newborn -.-"

Casse

same , but min registered for 1 month and when called hotlin, they told me no record...!!
den end up sch principal called say sometimes not so fast..haiiz...
didnt knw must queue up so long one ..

also will plan for #2 queue le haha

Triquetra

same , but min registered for 1 month and when called hotlin, they told me no record...!!
den end up sch principal called say sometimes not so fast..haiiz...
didnt knw must queue up so long one ..

also will plan for #2 queue le haha
My friend registered her daughter 1.5yrs ago and now she still has 50~60 ppl ahead of her -.-"

Triquetra

Omg, that is scary 1.5 years n still50-60 in queue.
has she found an alternative then ?
Nope. She is still has her maid to help take care of the kids thus she still can wait.
My mom is taking care of my daughter who is coming to 2 years old and my EDD is early Oct.
I am desperate to find a childcare for my daughter as I feel really bad to trouble my mom to take care of 2.

Ting

depend on the sch's popularity. pin's cc is alr full n waiting list also full. the admin staff told me unless the person is a staff of the few grps they liase with or hv sibling in the sch, if not it is almost impossible to enrol into her cc now.

Triquetra

depend on the sch's popularity. pin's cc is alr full n waiting list also full. the admin staff told me unless the person is a staff of the few grps they liase with or hv sibling in the sch, if not it is almost impossible to enrol into her cc now.
So it's not exaggerating if I am to register for my coming one once he is born right? =X
By Oct if My First Skool is still full, I shall have to enrol my daughter in the more expensive childcare first... Feel kinda bad cause she will have to adapt and re-adapt.

rex

the waitin time is juz to get in the sch..?? regardless isit childcare, nursery or kindergarden..??

apollo

the waitin time is just to get in the sch..?? regardless isit childcare, nursery or kindergarden..??
i think usually CC waiting list is longer. cos for kindergarten n nursery, usually their registration for the following year jan intake can start as early as april. You have to call the particular sch and check when their reg starts =)

rex

Oh.. was juz askin incase i need to start quein early.. ani idea if they hav N1 for the boon lay CC's my first skool..? i'm juz lookin for boon lay area N1 instead of childcare.. Ani recommendation..?? thks in advance

kimethan

My Preliminary Enrolment Form sent out end of oct 2010. Today, i called and check, they told me no record and will get back to me soon. I wait almost 1 yr liao, now then just told me.. I prefer they open to public on website to check. This way more efficient and safe. Do you agreed?

Jheyyy

I registered online for the AMK branch in June.
Up till now, no news at all.
When i call them, they don't even want to tell me how many people ahead of me.
The person simply tell me to try other branches at the same time.