wake and cry when loud noisy on sleep n alway get frightened

aahdorr

hihi need help here .. my 6 week baby alway get up easily when there abit of noisy .. i even put a bean sprout pillow on her oso get frightened .. hai headache

glab3lla

a little tips : put a little pillow on her/his chest..she'll feel be embraced all time :)
It'll make ur child feel comfort:shyxxx:

clearjade

When my boy is overtired, he is also easily startled from sleep by throwing his hands up and when there's noise. Even the 'click' sound from turning the door handle will wake him up. Sometimes he startles so badly that he will start to cry loudly but I learned that if I leave him to cry for about 5mins, he will settle back to sleep.

Now that he's getting more sleep, he doesn't startle so badly and I also put a green bean pillow on him when he's sleeping.

aahdorr

Ok I try but I need to let my in law to let her cry... everytime she cry they will ask mi to cheer her or carry her so irriating ..They oso say she cry will let her get cold ..

Last edited:

Leomaiden

she scare den open den the blanket cover her she quite strong -.- lol
Hi aahdor,

You may want to try to wrap ur baby using baby blanket so she will feel as if some one is carrying her. Same time, you could also put on mittens for her so she can grab onto the mittens whenever she is frightened. I did that for my baby.

Kxmum

My gal is also like that before her full mth, she will cry when ever we drop something or even when a noisy car drive past our block. Then my confinement lady say must expose her to more noise, so we put her in the living room and on the tv during the day. She will drink milk and nap there, then after few weeks she dun get frighten so easily.

twiggiez

my baby also starting to get startled during sleep. she's around 6 weeks.
i've removed the swaddle as she's kinda getting big. and so far she sleeps through. she'd get startle but never cry and go back to sleep.
but now after returning from sleeping over at my in laws, she gets startled and cries as if something very loud disturbed her. but the room's absolutely quiet.
does holding on to the baby too much affect the way she sleep?

when i'm at my in-laws, my MIL would hold/carry her even though it isn't required.
eg; in the morning i had placed her on a mattress on the living room floor. she was wide awake and as usual i wanted leave her to lie and she'd fall asleep on her own. MIL comes along and asks why she isn't sleeping. ???
she just woke up and had a bath. so i told her thats how she is in the mornings. i'd just leave her as she is. but MIL just had to carry her and coax her to sleep.

how do i tell her that without offending her? my husband would definitely get upset if i were to suggest anything. i'm staying with my parents and visit my in laws every few weeks at the moment. my husband would reason that MIL hasn't seen her granddaughter and therefore holds her coz she misses her.
i'm afraid that when i go back to work and send my daughter to MIL to look after every alternate week, she'd cuddle her unneccessarily and end up getting startled when its my mom's turn to look after her.

it's unhealthy for the baby right?

Kxmum

Actually I think for young small babies maybe dun let them sleep over at unfamiliar places..Esp when u are training her to sleep thru the night..

my mom always like to carry my gal to sleep every time she comes and visit while I was still on maternity leave..I just let her carry but night time I always keep to the same routine for my gal...

gumbokins

the baby's startle reflex is actually part of their normal development...if your baby was younger I would also suggest swaddling but at 6 weeks, I think they will not like it so much. My boy at 4 weeks +, even thought I tie him up in the swaddle like a bak chang he can still wriggle his way out within the next few hours. I was thinking of trying those sleeping bags but my room not AC so I think he might get a bit warm.

where does your baby normally nap? I read that it is better to have them nap in a 'noisy' environment so they get used to the noise and can learn to sleep though it.

I live on a low floor next to a car park so it can get a bit noisy at night, with cars' reverse sensors beeping and motorcycles revving. It's enough to wake me up, what more a baby. Just quickly soothe and pat him back to sleep.

As for carrying babies, in my opinion, we should all carry and cuddle our babies as much as we can now, before they get too big to be carried and cuddled!!! Carrying also makes them feel secure, so they probably will sleep better (uncarried) because they know that they are in a safe, loving environment. And as parents, we all also have to resign to the fact that it's the grandparents' job to spoil! But they do it because they love the children, right...the intentions are good.