Want to invest in property but money not enough?

PropAdvisor

Want to invest in property but money not enough?

You are not alone! A lot of people in Singapore want to invest in property after buying their first property, be it private condo or HDB. But with the high property prices in Singapore, they do not have enough money to invest in a second property. How come?

For simple calcuation, let's use a ball park figure of $1 MILLION for a condo in Singapore. For second property, the minimum upfront cash payment for the downpayment is 25% as regulated by Monentary Authority of Singapore (MAS), which is $250K for a $1 MIL property.

As a Singaporean, you have to pay 7% ABSD (Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty) for the purchase of your 2nd property and 10% for the 3rd and subsequent property. For PR, it is 10% for 2nd property and subsequent property.

If you are a Singapore Citizen, the ABSD amount is $70K for this second property and you have to pay it in cash. Thus, the amount of cash you need to pay upfront is $320K! ($250K + $70K)

In addition, if you take a bank loan in Singapore, you are subjected to the regulation of TDSR (Total Debt Servicing Ratio) as imposed by MAS.
Under TDSR, your total loans including current monthly home loan payment and other loans such as car loan and personal loans cannot exceed 60% of your gross monthly income.

Does it mean that you have to give up on your dream of having a second property and enjoying passive income of a rental property?
The answer is a resoundingly NO!

Let me show you how to invest in a second property with a low cash outlay from just SGD15K for a high end property located in a prime location in a major city!
Click on THE LUXE to find out more how!

PropAdvisor

THE LUXE KL is located within the famous Golden Triange in KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre). It is next to Quill City Mall, next to Medan Tuanku Monorail/MRT station and Sheration Imperial Hotel. It is 3 Stops from KLCC, 3 stops from Bukit Bintang, 8 stops from KL Sentral (which connects to High Speed Train to KLIA International Airport)

THE LUXE KL Nearby Amenities

Education Hub – ANC Business Management, University Teknology Malaysia, IBC Higher Studies Sdn Bhd, International Academy Clips, Boston Language Centre, International Business School, LuPeiChan Japan Education Centre, Goon Institute

Healthcare Facilities – General Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Hospital Pusrawi Sdn Bhd, IJN Heart Institute

Hotels – Sheraton Imperial, Pacific Regency Hotel, Renaissance Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Maya Hotel, Tune Hotel Downtown Kuala Lumpur, Concorde Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Pacific Regency Hotel

Shopping – Quill City Mall, Bukit Bintang, Maju Junction Mall, SOGO Shopping Mall

Click on THE LUXE KL to how to invest in a second property with a low cash outlay from just SGD15K for a high end property located in a prime location in a major city!

As sad as it sounds, I would buy a house. There should always be a place to return to! Yes, I understand that a house taken out on a mortgage will not completely be considered my home, but if you use services such as Mortgage Broker Swansea not to be deceived, everything should be fine. When I was about 5 years younger, I also wanted to travel and discover the unknown constantly, but over time I started to like stability. I'm getting old, but it seems it will be better this way. Well, I'll hope that at the age of 30, I won't have the character of a grumpy old grandfather who doesn't like everything.

Last edited:

shawnabc77

Msia property drop so much during covid.. rental also not much go up + high interest rate..

Singapore property though more expensive and hefty taxes, still, just rental alone goes up about 20% and prices also went up about 10% this year. Affected by ABSD can explore industrial property such as food factory.

sandrahofis

Property investment in Singapore can be a tough nut to crack, especially with those hefty upfront costs and regulations. But don't lose hope! It's rad to see you looking into creative ways to make it work with a lower cash outlay. And yeah, while the initial numbers might seem intimidating, finding ways to navigate them, like the SGD15K option you mentioned, could be a game-changer.Remember, it's all about exploring various strategies and finding what aligns best with your goals. Oh, and speaking of strategies, have you ever looked into AI routing for professional day traders? It's a cool option for those seeking unique investment paths. Even if my response comes a bit late, hopefully, it helps out other folks with similar questions too.

Last edited: