Washable Nursing Pads

Edwinie

Hi!

I need help in reviews of washable nursing pads. I'm currently using Avent's. I do not like it as once it's full, it will start leaking at its sides and my bra and shirt becomes wet. Sometimes, it absorb milk and doesn't spread through the whole pad and wet just 1 small area, causing the area to be concentrated and leak out onto my bra. I do not find it as absorbent as pigeon disposable ones.

I pump every 5 hours. At about 3 hours, my breast will start leaking very badly. If i'm awake, I can sort of control it. But when i sleep, i always wake up with wet bra, shirt, and sometimes my bed will get it if i sleep sideways. Hence I need a really really very very absorbent nursing pad.

Can anyone share what nursing pad you use and how was it? I want to change my nursing pads.

Thanks you!!

fioncess

I also use Avent washable pad initially but i dun like it.. so in the end i use pigeon disposible pad all the way...
After avent washable pad i dint try another other brand.

Edwinie

disposables are very money consuming in the long run..
i regret buying avent breast pad. waste my money!!

i put on breastshell to collect my leaked milk. within 3 hours, i leaked more than 20ml for both breast... maybe that's y avent breast pad cannot handle my leaked milk. haha!!

geminifun

Edwinie,

U can try fuzzibunz. Am using this and feel good. Keep my breast dry and feel comfort.

• Keep breastfeeding wetness to a minimum
  • With one layer of super soft stay dry fleece and 2 layers of absorbent flannel and one optional layer of leak free fabric
  • keep a healthy moisture level to keep infections down
If you need a contact, let me know.

biscuit

i am using IOI MOM's washable nursing pad. bought it at their shop from KK Hospital.
cost $22 for two pairs. it has contour shape, so more comfortable when using. :)

robinliz

I use Dry Mama's reusable nursing pads. It is contoured to my body and it is also leak-proof. Keeps me very dry. You can try this out.

pmcheng

Can I check if working mummies use washable ones when going to work? While it saves $, I haven't tried for fear it looks ugly and v obvious that we are wearing them. Disposables realty quite taxing on wallet for long time..

Mummy to Baby V

Can I check if working mummies use washable ones when going to work? While it saves $, I haven't tried for fear it looks ugly and v obvious that we are wearing them. Disposables realty quite taxing on wallet for long time..
I'm SAHM, using washable breast pads when I go out, even on dressy days. They're hidden under bra cups (mine are molded cups), so aren't obvious at all.

mswong

I always woke up with wet shirts when I was using Pureen Disposable Pad... I would recommend Pigeon Disposable Pad as I am using it and no need to worry wet shirt at office.
I would also consider washable breast pad but not sure which brand is good. I am also worry the hygiene of washable breast pad. Disposable pad sounds more hygiene to me.

Mummy to Baby V

I always woke up with wet shirts when I was using Pureen Disposable Pad... I would recommend Pigeon Disposable Pad as I am using it and no need to worry wet shirt at office.
I would also consider washable breast pad but not sure which brand is good. I am also worry the hygiene of washable breast pad. Disposable pad sounds more hygiene to me.
For heavy leaks, hemp / bamboo fabric absorb a lot. Whether disposable or cloth, need to change regularly after wetting, else bacteria will grow. Washable ones are easy to maintain, I usually handwash them after shower, then dry under sun to naturally bleach them.

Highly absorbent disposable pads contain SAP (super absorbent polymer) gel, same as disposable diapers. When the pads are too saturated, the gel beads may leak out. It happened to me before. I'm very wary in case baby accidentally eats them when they're left on my bra. So prefer to use cloth. And so much cheaper, of course.