wat do u call the hair circle on the head?

llcyahoo

tks, my 2mths old gal hair longer now, we found tat she hv 1 on top of her head and 1 more just above her forehead!!! Will it in 2 diff location? my son hv 2 but both beside each other like a "8".

btw, how to upload pic?

CanCanMum

some kids have 2, some have 1, some have 2 but grown different directions like wad u mentioned, but on top of the head like sounds very special, since yr gal is still young, could it be a bald patch? Coz some babies experienced this, like my Baber, last time is BOTAK head, got some patches of ungrown hair like kenna dog bites lOlzzzz, now after umpteen times of shaving become so much hair liaOooooooo

to upload u can go to
Attach Files Valid file extensions: bmp doc give jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip

Manage Attachments

Last edited:

llcyahoo

some kids have 2, some have 1, some have 2 but grown different directions like what you mentioned, but on top of the head like sounds very special, since yr gal is still young, could it be a bald patch? Coz some babies experienced this, like my Baber, last time is BOTAK head, got some patches of ungrown hair like kenna dog bites lOlzzzz, now after umpteen times of shaving become so much hair liaOooooooo

to upload you can go to
Attach Files Valid file extensions: bmp doc give jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip

Manage Attachments
not bald patch, cos hv hair fr it. i tried but still can't attach. Said invalid!

CanCanMum

haha, when born only have hair at the side not much on top so can't see. only recently we notice about that patch. so is it vertex?
i m not so sure but uncle nic (my hubby) says some kids are born like tat, so its perfectly fine and normal~~~:wong19:

did PD mention anything during the routine checks?

llcyahoo

i m not so sure but uncle nic (my hubby) says some kids are born like that, so its perfectly fine and normal~~~:wong19:

did pediatrician mention anything during the routine checks?
no maybe will ask during next visit. Ha, cos ppl who saw tat asking whether is it a vertex, but we also dun know!!!

llcyahoo

thats a whorl isnt it? my baby has got two !! ppls say very stuborn! true enuf fr my case
ya, my 8 yrs old boy hv 2 look like a "8", very gentle but stubborn. Now we r thinking my 2mths gal also hv 2!!! :elvis: The one in the pic above forehead, the other one (not in pic) is on top of head.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

wow hair whorl / crown / vertex are all the terms of the circle on the head lOlzzzzz

hair whorl seems more commonly called or else the crown lOlzzzzzz

cui_er

Heard from old people that those with 1 are easier to take care of, those with 2 if very close to each other are quite naughty type. 2 if far apart from each other is ok, also easy to take care of. Then those with 1 but right in the centre back of the head will be naughty type too. Dunno how true though.

kenxf_03

Heard from old people that those with 1 are easier to take care of, those with 2 if very close to each other are quite naughty type. 2 if far apart from each other is ok, also easy to take care of. Then those with 1 but right in the centre back of the head will be naughty type too. dont know how true though.
I heard abt this old wives tales b4 too! Donno how true itz..

But I've got one fren whose son got 2 and he's more active and playful than other kids... my fren is having headache with him loh..