Wat Learning DVD do u let ur child watch other then Barney??

cutieseah

Hi mummies, please advise on the above?
trying to buy some dvd to let my gal learn n keep her entertain. Any other then Barney? Thanks

diymummy

Sesame Street, LeapFrog, WinkToLearn, Your Baby Can Read, Brainy Baby..

That's the list of DVDs that my son is watching.

pehong

can i know whats yr gal age ? when my kids ard 1-2, they like to watch tele-tubies, barney, and i also let them watch brainy baby(teach them 123, abc - very effetvive) and now 4-6, they like to watch hi-5 sing and dance together in front of TV. Dora also their favourate. my 2 kids is gals may be boy interest is different.

Bob builder - not really like, sometimes only
Barney - is their all time favourate (since age 1 already watching till now)
sesame street - look like they not so interested
leapfrog - they not really like, dunno why
Baby Can read - never try before - any feedback from mummies on this DVD ?
Winktolean - still yet to judge - any feedback from mummies on this ? bought animal series, they felt bored on it

any other good DVD can be recomend to me too ?

cutieseah

can i know whats yr gal age ? when my kids ard 1-2, they like to watch tele-tubies, barney, and i also let them watch brainy baby(teach them 123, abc - very effetvive) and now 4-6, they like to watch hi-5 sing and dance together in front of TV. Dora also their favourate. my 2 kids is gals may be boy interest is different.

Bob builder - not really like, sometimes only
Barney - is their all time favourate (since age 1 already watching till now)
sesame street - look like they not so interested
leapfrog - they not really like, dunno why
Baby Can read - never try before - any feedback from mummies on this DVD ?
Winktolean - still yet to judge - any feedback from mummies on this ? bought animal series, they felt bored on it

any other good DVD can be recomend to me too ?
hi my gal is 6 mths 2 wks now. not sure which to let her watch.. actually wanted to buy baby einstein for her but saw some feedback tat it should not be for children under age 1 so give up the thought, n now, trying to find other for her to watch n learn.. or children at this age doesnt really need this dvd thingy ?? please advise. thks

pehong

thru forum, they recom baby can read DVD, but see some negative feedback on it. I plan to buy the Monki learn monki do DVD for my 3rd baby, 2mths only now. But I think this DVD look like not available locally, still searching on it.

I have one set of Tweedle Wink under www.rightbrainkids.com - age 0-6 , not bad, my kids like to watch it.

Another is BABY IQ by Brainy Baby , also quite good, judge from my 2 gals response .. :) they like to watch

As for baby in few mths old, ppl recom to let them learn flash cards, are u a working mother ?

cutieseah

thru forum, they recom baby can read DVD, but see some negative feedback on it. I plan to buy the Monki learn monki do DVD for my 3rd baby, 2mths only now. But I think this DVD look like not available locally, still searching on it.

I have one set of Tweedle Wink under www.rightbrainkids.com - age 0-6 , not bad, my kids like to watch it.

Another is BABY IQ by Brainy Baby , also quite good, judge from my 2 gals response .. :) they like to watch

As for baby in few mths old, ppl recom to let them learn flash cards, are u a working mother ?
oh.. so mean now they actually dun nedd to watch any of this dvd la.. let them learn some flash card can already??
nope i'm not working n currently living overseas which cant go out as i like in sin cos havent got my driving license...

apollo

at 6mth old, i think YourBabyCanRead and Brainy Baby is more suitable for ur baby. Ds is 19mth and he is now watching YBCR, Brainy Baby, Leapfrog. We only start letting him watch Leapfrog aft he turned 1. YBCR is like flashcards, suitable for babies like ds who will snatch the flashcards away when parents using the cards to teach.

cutieseah

at 6mth old, i think YourBabyCanRead and Brainy Baby is more suitable for ur baby. Ds is 19mth and he is now watching YBCR, Brainy Baby, Leapfrog. We only start letting him watch Leapfrog aft he turned 1. YBCR is like flashcards, suitable for babies like ds who will snatch the flashcards away when parents using the cards to teach.
hks.. in tat case, i let her play with the flash card first then.. after she turn 1 then i let her watch those dvd .... ;)

pehong

HI, apollo, is the YBCR effective ?

Cutiesiah, where are u now ? not in Singapore ? Just share some of my research recently for my plan on my 3rd, i think all this can only be done by a non working mother.

1. your baby can read (so no feedback proof on this DVD good or not through my research (real case) In singapore, is tht any mummy have proven case ???) Your Baby Can Read® - Receive free shipping and bonus 5-DVD set just for trying!

2. Flash card - can do your self - YouTube -
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f63/flashcards-add-new-products-50375/
send some link for yr ref.

apollo

HI, apollo, is the YBCR effective ?

Cutiesiah, where are u now ? not in Singapore ? Just share some of my research recently for my plan on my 3rd, i think all this can only be done by a non working mother.

1. your baby can read (so no feedback proof on this DVD good or not through my research (real case) In singapore, is tht any mummy have proven case ???) Your Baby Can Read® - Receive free shipping and bonus 5-DVD set just for trying!

2. Flash card - can do your self - YouTube -
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f63/flashcards-add-new-products-50375/
send some link for yr ref.
actu at 1st we tot YBCR doesnt really teach ds cos whenever we ask him, he didnt show us anything he 'learnt' from the DVD until one fine day, he suddenly follow! when the dvd show the word "NO", and before tht dvd says the word "NO", he is alrdy shaking his head. and he can recognise the word Ball, Arms up, Head etc.. Cause whenever it shows these words (and BEFORE they say the words out), he can say or point out where is he head and do the 'arms up' sign by lifting his arms high up. All I can say is, it works, but it takes time for ds to absorb, or maybe he had learnt all these long ago thru the dvd but not willing to show us cos he used to only do all these when he tot we were not ard and the more we ask him to do, the more he dont wanna do -.-" hahaha!

Julin

Hi

I would like to share my experience with my gal..
I let my gal watch nursery rhymes DVD when she was 3 mths.
She is able to learn and remember characters or simple words when she was about 8mths.

Currently, she is 15mths old.. she can do simple actions and say 'row row' when we sing row row row your boat.
I believe that music can help babies to learn better and in a fun way.

About flash cards, i showed my gal when she was 7 mths..
she was able to point the right card when i asked her to show me when around 9mths..

After 1year old, she is able to appreciate Barney, Hi 5, Bob the builder, Pingu., Elmo..
GUESS WITH JESS is quite educational, esp for after 1year old..asking a simple question by a cat(Jess) and solved with his cute animal friends.

pehong

Hi, anybody would like to share whats your kids favourate toy ?
1)mentione kid's age
2)his / her favourate toys
3)carton she/he like to watch
4) whats things she dislike
5) any favourate toys from you (mummies)

eg. my daghter is 3yrs old
her favourate toys is cooking toys (can let me play more than 3 mths still not felt boring)
the cartoon she like most is Dora and barney
she dislike black colour things/toys.
my favourate brand is Fisher price

Hi, mummies like to share here ?

Triquetra

The DVD which my daughter learned most from is Baby Bumbleebee Action Words. I try not to let her watch too 'fast paced' cartoon. My daughter loves Brainy Baby too :)

ling.er

My son coming 1 year old .. thinkin to buy him DVD let him watch but he is those active type. Wont sit at a same place for very long wan..

My consent was wat type of DVD suit him ??

apollo

my son also wont sit still so we will just put him on his highchair so he can concentrate if not he wilkl watch awhile and run away..

Triquetra

I read that it's more advisable not to let babies below 2 to watch TV but I started letting my daughter watch those slow paced educational DVD when she was almost 18 months old.

ling.er

I read that it's more advisable not to let babies below 2 to watch TV but I started letting my daughter watch those slow paced educational DVD when she was almost 18 months old.

Cos harmfull to eye or ??
I though is the when younger nw teach them abit then slowly day by day they will understand ^^

ling.er

Yah kids learn fastest before 4 but I guess it's better to stimulate their brain development by reading to them and interacting/communicating with them.

How TV Affects Your Child
Child Age Below 2 years old is Prohibited Watch TV | Healthfiles.net: Health News, Articles, and Medical Informations

Hmmm duno for my son can anot.. Flash card he dun like ><" Will snatach from my hand then swing swing after tat take n bite.. If nt then throw on floor..
Mickey mouse club house which show on weekend Morning He seem like it... after 10min he start crawling around again..

shopaholic

During toddler times, usually Barney and Sesame Street. They also watch those nursery ryhmes or MVs of children's songs.

When they are older, they watch Strawberry Shortcake, Postman Pat, Dora etc.

Now, they are into Handy Manny and Pokemon, and also into movies suitable for kids, such as Happy feet, Madagascar etc.