Wat semi solid food should i give to my 6mths gal??

cutieseah

hi mummies, please kindly advise mi wat am i suppose to give to my 6mths old gal???
and wat am i suppose to teach her while i'm with here?? cos i currently living overease, therefore i cant go out as n when i wan to but to stay at hm with my gal.. n there seem like nth much to do with her except to play toys with her... please advise wat normally do u mummies do with a 6mths while at hm.. Thanks.:shyxxx:

ast0212

You can start her on iron fortified baby cereal, just a quarter of a teaspoon to see how she take it, then increase after a couple of days. Alternatively there's mashed fruits - banana, cooked apple, pear, anything you have in your fridge. Some people advise to start on steamed veggies first - carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin, broccoli..

If you wish you can try Baby Led Weaning (BLW) where you don't need to puree or spoonfeed. So you can give your baby a slice of banana, a floret of steamed broccoli, etc, which allows them to learn while eating. Check it out on google, there's a heap of info on BLW and it's a really wonderful way of teaching your baby about food since they learn by touching and tasting...the only downside is that it gets very messy!! But fun :) My son at 6.5 months loved grabbing a floret of broccoli and stuffing it into his mouth. It's so heartwarming seeing him discover about food :p

At home we just play toys all the time, since baby learns through play. It's completely up to you what you want to do though.

All the best! :)

apollo

u can start off with rice cereal or potato. but rmb to follow the 4 day rule. i think now mainly is to play some toys or tok to ur girl. when ds was ard tt age, i will on DVD for him to watch and also play with him, tok to him. only until he was able to sit up well w/o support den we can really play with each other and he also can self entertain longer with his toys. =)

cutieseah

u can start off with rice cereal or potato. but rmb to follow the 4 day rule. i think now mainly is to play some toys or tok to ur girl. when ds was ard tt age, i will on DVD for him to watch and also play with him, tok to him. only until he was able to sit up well w/o support den we can really play with each other and he also can self entertain longer with his toys. =)
oh now giving her the brown rice powder.. but she doesnt seem to like it..
i got no dvd here to on for her.. tat y seem abit lost on wat to do with her... my gal now can sit very well by herself le.. sometime she will entertain herself with her toys.. but at times, she jus dun wan to play with her toys n tat is time i dunno wan to do wat with her...
u think i can go youtube n dl some show for her?? can advise which show should i let her watch.. except barney??

apollo

Last time I always let ds watch Your Baby Can Read. It teaches babies/toddlers simple words. And in btwn will have some songs like Twinkle Twinkle lil Stars, Head and Shoulder Knees and Toes etc etc.. You can get it from kiddy palace, isetan etc.. After he turn one, then I start buying more variaties of dvd for him. But of cos, not whole day let him watch tv, about twice a day.. After brekkie watch once, Aft lunch once, and sometimes during afternoon 3pm will let him watch one more time, but different disc. The remaining time I will play with him. As ur girl is still young, not much toys for her to play with and shs also dont know how to play. But as she grows older, will be easier, cos more toys for her to play with. =)

pinkapple

if u must let baby watch tv, Baby Einstein is good. or Baby Can Read.
u can borrow baby einstein dvds from the library.

I don't wish to expose my baby to TV at such a young age though. will keep her away for as long as I can.

before I went back to work, I read, sing, talk, fold clothes with Baby.
see other stuff we do here.
there's also a link to weekly activities u can do with baby.

as for what food to give baby, I recommend this book - Super Baby Food.
if u're lazy to read, u can follow some of the stuff I feed my baby here.
try sweet potato, banana, carrots, etc

cutieseah

thks mummies but i now currently staying overseas so not sure where i can get this DVD... a big headache for mi...
do u noe if its possible to dl from internet??