Water bag breaks or contractions or both?

vane_etoile

Hi,

i'm currently 38th week 3 days.. Very anxious about baby's arrival.. Just wanna get more information on what happens prior to labour? Does waterbag break or contractions or both together? Thanks thanks!:embarrassed:

lis

some ppl encounter both contractions n waterbag burst.. where as other juz encounter waterbag burst.. or either juz contractions.. n oso some may encounter bleeding too.. n at tyms some ppl even encounter ol 3 symptoms (waterbag burst + contractions + bleeding)..

wenz

Hi,

when i expecting my DD, i experience contraction first... den follow by spotting... when i reach hospital then my waterbag break...

but different ppl will have different encounter... dun worry too much...
=)

Catty

Hi,

My 1st DD is contraction, no bleeding and water bag never burst, 2nd DD is water bag first after that than got contraction..

wenz

water bag burst can be different also.. some is dripping alittle by little... some is a gust of water den follow but dripping... mine is the 2nd one... hee

I dun even noe wat is it like for water bag to burst. Bcoz both the gynae burst for me... haha... though im a mum of coming 3...

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
mich_liu82 said:
I dun even noe wat is it like for water bag to burst. Bcoz both the gynae burst for me... haha... though im a mum of coming 3...
Same case for my wife ... for both our boys, her water bag was "manually" burst by the gynae.
For her, even the dilations & contractions were also of a different tempo from the other mummies ... real slow at the beginning but once the "engine started", everything just ...
:biggrin: :biggrin:

CynCyn

My 1st pregnancy , it started of with contractions then waterbag burst by gynae at 38 weeks .
2nd pregnancy , no contractions , no show , no bursting of waterbag .
Nothing at all at 39 weeks . Hence , gynae decided to burst the waterbag for me .

wenz

Is it true that the second one is usually early, by a week of 2 ?
my 1st was early by a week and my second was early by 2 weeks..
but i believe it depends on individual and when you baby is prepared to come to this world...

pokemon97

my 1st preg was 5 days after EDD. My water bag burst at ard 1pm, contraction only start 5pm. 2nd preg was exactly EDD, it was a fast delivery. My contraction start first and i went into the hospital at ard 11.30pm, when my gynea came he burst my waterbag and my boy came out 12am

LoveBebe

mine was contraction first, followed by water bag burst before i was admitted to hospital at 2+am.
After 5 hours, my girl was borned. :)

stonston

Everyone is different! Mine was waterbag burst at 6pm, started with 1 gush ard 1/2 cup of water. Then slowly drip. No pain, no contractions. I went to bathe, went salon wash my hair (cos very long hair). Reach TMC at 8pm. Got contractions as seen on CTG machine but I din feel anything. Until 1am then start to feel SOME pain, quick ask for epidural and i jus watch tv n nap. delivered at 4am :)

stonston

Yours also seems painless when you deliver. Somemore still got time to go salon to wash your hair! haha!
me n hb already made up our minds to take pain relief jus in case i faint fm e pain and end up with c section. and if take epi, if realli need emergency c section, it saves time cos can operate immediately.

so once i feel some pain i ask for epi liao :p
and the pain was quite lil such tt i dun even rmb how tt pain felt like :)

Ros0818

Hi,

i'm currently 38th week 3 days.. Very anxious about baby's arrival.. Just wanna get more information on what happens prior to labour? Does waterbag break or contractions or both together? Thanks thanks!:embarrassed:
hi
for me, i oni experienced contractions...
it gets very freq as it gets nearer to ur EDD...
i experienced every 5mins painful contractions when i wan to giv birth....

lubani2003

Hi everyone, i jst felt alittle water come out n den its stop..nt alittle by little. Is it water bag burst? This is my third pregnancy..as for 1st i went restroom n a gust of water come out tat was confirm water bag burst..2nd i had contractions first den went to hospital n doc burst my water bag..

annie

mine was waterbag burst at 3am(gushes out n drip drip drip).. then i woke hubby and tell him i need to go hospital .. but he sleeping like a pig.. then i go take shower and makeup! then after that wake him again.. then he wake up in shock and say..'really ? i thought you joking since you look so calm!' lol. then.. proceed to hospital and reach bout 4am plus.. i was hungry so ask hubby to go buy me sandwiches lol. then strap to CTG.. regular contractions seen but not felt at all.. i just talk, eat, sleep.. then.. at 10am plus contractions become irregular base on CTG so gynae decided to induce me.. my cervix also not dilated! then.. induce at 11am.. and then.. stupidly clear my bowels only after induce me! then is stuck in toilet cannot come out cos after induce super painful and poo keeps coming out lol. i thought i might be going to deliver my girl in the toilet bowl full of poop! whahahaa. then... 11.30am wheel me to the delivery rm and 12pm exactly she is out!