"Water Filter"

Dear mummies,, any mummy r using water filter at home?? I heard dat boiling water without filter it can cause something bad(cancer)?? Is it true?? Because water contain chlorine... Do u use electric kettle or gas to boil water?Any opinions?! Thx...

apollo

we have been using electric kettle to boil water. so far i only heard that we shdnt be taking re-boil water.

WPY

Yes chlorine is very bad for our health. Many illness is due to poor quality consumption. Even those who rear fish have to use a chlorine tester to check the chlorine level in the water for their fish; so what's more for human. Definitely have to install a water filter system certified by NSF. We dont want to burden our kidneys with contaminants. I'm using Espring brand. I've tried 2 other brands before n I would claim that Espring brand is the best water filter system. Compact model, gd taste, preserve the good minerals in water while filter out 140 contaminants; has UV light to kill the virus, has indicator to tell u exactly when to change the filter.

If interested, can email: jodor38@yahoo.com to find out more :)

TWMSingapore

Chlorine is added to water to to make it fit for human consumption as drinking water. Water which has been treated with chlorine is effective in preventing the spread of waterborne disease.

To know more, you can google "Chlorination".

Boiling water is the most effective method to kill bacteria and viruses.

To get bacteria and viruses out of your water (not just killing it in water), you can use water filter.

Look out for the membrane filtration size. Most water filter today filter only upto 0.1 micron size. One of the best filter is from Hyflux at filtering upto 0.01 micron size (UF filter).

At 0.01, you can block 99.9999% of bacteria out and 99.99% viruses out.

I just bought HF1P-3AA. Very good.

You can visit their web page at www.hyfluxshop.com

There is also a discussion on another thread here:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f77/water-filter-better-hyflux-cleansui-28822/

Hi osaka, I saw your post that you are interested in buying a tap water filter (attach to tap)

I am selling these 2 models.

F2 - Essentials
Instapure - F2
Special Offer ~ $65 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

F5 - Complete
Instapure - F5
Special Offer ~ $85 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

The filters are also cheap, depending on which type you choose, the cheapest is only $35 for 3 filters

To place your order, please email: spa_treasures@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Hi osaka, I saw your post that you are interested in buying a tap water filter (attach to tap)

I am selling these 2 models.

F2 - Essentials
Instapure - F2
Special Offer ~ $65 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

F5 - Complete
Instapure - F5
Special Offer ~ $85 - Inclusive of Free Door Step Delivery

The filters are also cheap, depending on which type you choose, the cheapest is only $35 for 3 filters

To place your order, please email: spa_treasures@hotmail.com

Hi scang,

Instapure does. :)
Please read the bold purple. Cheers.

F5
COMPLETE
Studies from many reputable and estalished bodies have shown that chlorinated water can increase the risk of cancer. And boiling does not removes the chlorine.
Instapure Tap Filter Systems can reduce chlorine, harmful trihalomethanes and other contaminants in our water. You can even skip boiling, drinking straight from the filter.
A green alternative to bottled water, Instapure Tap Filter Systems can help reduce your personal carbon footprint.
With the patented ceramic compound and a rigid microporous matrix of activated carbon of R5, the system provides enhanced filtration capabilities going beyond just chlorine, trihalomethanes, taste & odour, by including removal of 99.99% of microbial cysts (such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia) and reduction of lead.
• Installs Easily on all standard taps. (22mm outer or 24mm inner thread.)
• Economical - Get great tasting water from your tap for less than the cost of bottled water.
• Convenient Selector - Enables to switch between filtered or unfiltered water and extends filter cartridge life.
• Easy-Change - Long lasting filter with a life expectancy of 3 months or 1500 litres.

Replacement Filter Cartridge:

Installation Instructions
Warning:
Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
Not for use with hot water.

* Filter life is directly dependent on your local water condition and frequency of use.
* Contaminants reduction measurements are average reductions with a new filter.

For best results, it is recommended that the filter be changed every 1500 litres or 2 – 3 months.
This system has been tested and certified by NSF International against NSF / ANSI Standard 42 for reduction of Chlorine Taste and Odour and NSF / ANSI Standard 53 for reduction of Cysts and Lead.

Testing performed at a flow rate of 0.45gpm; pressure of 60psi; water temperature of 20°C; pH of 7.5 (unless noted). Testing performed under standard laboratory conditions. Actual performance may vary.

The contaminants or other substances reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water.

F2
ESSENTIALS
Studies from many reputable and estalished bodies have shown that chlorinated water can increase the risk of cancer. And boiling does not removes the chlorine.
Instapure Tap Filter Systems can reduce chlorine, harmful trihalomethanes and other contaminants in our water. You can even skip boiling, drinking straight from the filter.
A green alternative to bottled water, Instapure Tap Filter Systems can help reduce your personal carbon footprint.
With the Activated Carbon filter of R2, this system provides cleaner, clearer, better tasting drinking and cooking water. Ideal for improving any water supply that has a noticable chlorine taste and odour.
• Installs Easily on all standard taps. (22mm outer or 24mm inner thread.)
• Economical - Get great tasting water from your tap for less than the cost of bottled water.
• Convenient Selector - Enables to switch between filtered or unfiltered water and extends filter cartridge life.
• Easy-Change - Long lasting filter with a life expectancy of 3 months or 1500 litres.

Replacement Filter Cartridges:

Installation Instructions
Warning:
Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
Not for use with hot water.

* Filter life is directly dependent on your local water condition and frequency of use.
* Contaminants reduction measurements are average reductions with a new filter.

For best results, it is recommended that the filter be changed every 1500 litres or 2 – 3 months.

This filter has been tested and certified by NSF International against NSF / ANSI Standard 42 for reduction of Chlorine Taste and Odour.

Testing performed at a flow rate of 0.75gpm; pressure of 60psi; water temperature of 19°C. Testing performed under standard laboratory conditions. Actual performance may vary.

The contaminants or other substances reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water.

Does your water filter filters out Radioactive substances, pharmaceutical heavy metals, chemicals, chlorine, flouride?

Does your water filter filters out Bacteria (99.99994%) , Protozoa (99.994%), Viruses (99.993%), Parasite (99.994%) ?

Does your water filter exceed NSF Standard 53 for the [you]removal of[/you] Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Bacteria and Virus?

Does your water filter exceed NSF Standard 42 for the [you]removal of[/you] Chlorine ?

Will it filter through real world test, like drinking from swamp water, and asking your kids to drink from it?

Does it filter out
Drinking from a polluted stream, stagnant fish pond, and a mud puddle

xlgalsg

I'm using this system call Coway from Korea, introduced by my sis. I'm also using the air purifier from them. The sales person told me their membrane is smallest in the market, 0.0001 micron. I was worried about if the water is too clean, will it filter out all the good minerals in the water. Also, if too clean, dunno if it will affect our own immunity system. But they told me they use a mineral filter in their water tank at the very last, so can replace some of the mineral lost, also the water wun taste "too flat". Anyway I quite like the system so far cos the hot and cold water save me lotsa time. Also got room temperature so I no need mix hot and cold water myself. A bit pricier than some other brands though, but it comes with free first year service and change of filter. So far so good, their people also quite professional. Best part is when I introduce my friend to buy, they still give me referral fee. LOL

colpini

nice sharing, my wife has been using electric kettle and it is save and healthy. One thing remember don't re boil water