waterway terraces.

Edwinie

I applied too.. The ratio is terrible now. 12-13 people for 1 five-room flat. And it's only completed in 5 years. I'm worried that if I don't get it, I'll have to wait longer for another one as there would not be enough space or rooms once my child gets bigger. So if I get this, my child will be able to have his own room.
Pray hard.
Good luck everyone!!

Juz17

I applied too.. The ratio is terrible now. 12-13 people for 1 five-room flat. And it's only completed in 5 years. I'm worried that if I dont't get it, I'll have to wait longer for another one as there would not be enough space or rooms once my child gets bigger. So if I get this, my child will be able to have his own room.
Pray hard.
Good luck everyone!!
Same issue...but I am 2nd timer so this makes my chances even lower...
good luck to you...

Juz17

I applied too.. The ratio is terrible now. 12-13 people for 1 five-room flat. And it's only completed in 5 years. I'm worried that if I dont't get it, I'll have to wait longer for another one as there would not be enough space or rooms once my child gets bigger. So if I get this, my child will be able to have his own room.
Pray hard.
Good luck everyone!!
I jus gt my letter to inform me tat they put me in 2nd timer cat...tat time i received letter i gt a queue number later...hope i get it too...

Gem2505

I applied too. Havent received the letter yet.

I am getting extremely fustrated with HDB. Its my.. 7th or 8th time applying flat from HDB already. All the while, first timer. Even with 2 BTOs that is near parents which we got 4X chances, it doesnt worked out at all! But luck just isnt on my side.

My hubby and I applied even before we got married. Till now, its been almost 2 years, and i'm already expecting now. haiz. So, i went to the MP. HDB responded, its kind of useless coz the officer said, this BTO was "over-popular" therefore still have to see "luck". seriously, i dont need his reply if he's going to say that coz its needless to tell me such "non-infomative" infomation.

given that COV is sooo high, newly weds will have difficulties forking out such a big sum for a flat + the need for renovation above it.

too much disappointments already, so im not expecting a good ballot result this time round AGAIN.

given that i've moved in with inlaws. 4rm flat. there's 3 couples under the roof. inlaws, my hubby n i & hubby's bro+wife. seriously, the house is "over-cramped". i dont even dare to imagine when my baby is born, where can he/she sleep? on my bed definitely. The flat im living in now is also BTO flat, therefore area of the room is DAMN SMALL. i dont even have a space to put a baby cot! seriously, not even a small matress on the floor. haiz. now can only, walk 1 step see 1 step. shake head.

xue

Hopefully i get a queue number too.. The last BTO i did not get any queue number... :embarrassed:

Edwinie

I'm also living with my in-laws in a four-room flat. Two couples and my husband's brother. Not as bad as Gem. As I live in a mature estate, my room is big enough to squeeze a baby cot and after that, I think we need to walk sideways to the cupboard. What I worry is that once the baby grows out of his cot, we will need a child's bed which we have no space.. So if that time comes, I will convince my husband to sleep in the living room while I sleep with my child on the bed. Haha!! So evil of me.. But no choice.. I applied for Punggol too. My first application only, so I've got 2 chances.. Hope Gem gets a nice queue number. 7 times is really long.. Moreover we need to wait 5 years to get the keys for the home and our 4-room flat will be squeezy!! Hope all of us are lucky!!

stonston

For those who have tried many many times and are not very fussy about a flat, but you simply just wanna get your own flat soon, talk to your MP again.

Apparently (I heard this from my 9th floor neighbour who just moved in), HDB has not been releasing 'excess' flats or repossessed flats via WIS for very long. However, take a close look at HDB's website, they do have it for 'SELECTED APPLICANTS' only. This is only open to those whose MPs have helped them to secure a WIS flat.

These WIS flats are excess flats from BTOs (sometimes ppl give up, couples break up before flat is ready, etc etc). Some are repossessed flats (they will state clearly).

My new neighbour told me that she got the unit because they appealed to their MP twice. At first the MP helped them to secure a rental unit but because they have a baby on the way, they told the MP they wanted to BUY their own unit and they are not fussy, as long as they can afford, they will take. So they got their unit under this special category.

And this unit they got was actually booked by another couple but they decided to give up and did not take up this unit (according to what they post in forum, they decided to give up cos they found it small).

If you are really desperate and have valid reasons to be (baby on the way or already gave birth), pester your MP.

TANZHENZHI

I also applied for it. This is my 4th times applying BTO. Hope to get a good no. Good luck to all who applied too. :001_302:

Gem2505

I'm also living with my in-laws in a four-room flat. Two couples and my husband's brother. Not as bad as Gem. As I live in a mature estate, my room is big enough to squeeze a baby cot and after that, I think we need to walk sideways to the cupboard. What I worry is that once the baby grows out of his cot, we will need a child's bed which we have no space.. So if that time comes, I will convince my husband to sleep in the living room while I sleep with my child on the bed. Haha!! So evil of me.. But no choice.. I applied for Punggol too. My first application only, so I've got 2 chances.. Hope Gem gets a nice queue number. 7 times is really long.. Moreover we need to wait 5 years to get the keys for the home and our 4-room flat will be squeezy!! Hope all of us are lucky!!
my current room, without any baby stuff, im already walking sideway when i need to open the wardrobe. terrible seriously. i was quite pissed off with the HDB officer when he spoke to me. At first the officer called my hubby up, but you know, guys, dont demand and speak as sarcasticly as us, WOMEN~ lol.

so i called that officer up and spoke to him instead. whacked him with lotsa questions but still, not happy with the answer coz he merely said, really have to depend on "LUCK". i was like. argh. -_-" If thats the case, why would i even need to go to the MP and ask for help? i did asked him about the balance flat (which they used to release every half-yearly), he said they have to accumulate to a certain no. of flats then they release. Which means maybe next month, maybe 1 year later, a "?" la.

Meanwhile, i shall just wait for the queue no., if i still get a shitty no., i will go to the MP again and demand for a READY FLAT. Previously i went to MP time, i wasnt preg yet. but now, i am what. so the case is diff now.

but my bro and sis in law is going to the US for 2.5years in Sept this year, so that room can be my baby's room. when they are back in SG, their BTO flat in bukit panjang is ready for moved in already. Hmm... not too bad afterall. but its the 6 times that i ballot of flats which i didnt manage to get any was a bad experience with HDB. $60 for nothing. -_-" argh.

Gem2505

For those who have tried many many times and are not very fussy about a flat, but you simply just wanna get your own flat soon, talk to your MP again.

Apparently (I heard this from my 9th floor neighbour who just moved in), HDB has not been releasing 'excess' flats or repossessed flats via WIS for very long. However, take a close look at HDB's website, they do have it for 'SELECTED APPLICANTS' only. This is only open to those whose MPs have helped them to secure a WIS flat.

These WIS flats are excess flats from BTOs (sometimes ppl give up, couples break up before flat is ready, etc etc). Some are repossessed flats (they will state clearly).

My new neighbour told me that she got the unit because they appealed to their MP twice. At first the MP helped them to secure a rental unit but because they have a baby on the way, they told the MP they wanted to BUY their own unit and they are not fussy, as long as they can afford, they will take. So they got their unit under this special category.

And this unit they got was actually booked by another couple but they decided to give up and did not take up this unit (according to what they post in forum, they decided to give up cos they found it small).

If you are really desperate and have valid reasons to be (baby on the way or already gave birth), pester your MP.

thanks for the info. u made me re-think whether i should go to the MP nx monday again. coz previously i went, i wasnt preg yet. now diff case, so i think can fight for more! =)

stonston

Btw, MP sure will ask why you dun buy resale.
If you can back up with income slips, bank stateent on your current savings (can't afford the cov), you got stronger case :)

chrisgal

i've applied too, this should be my 6 or 7 times... haha.. hope all of use can get it... all live there..... and we will have a punggol waterway terrances mummy group wahahha:wong19:

Gem2505

Btw, MP sure will ask why you dont buy resale.
If you can back up with income slips, bank stateent on your current savings (can't afford the cov), you got stronger case :)
i just went to the MP on Monday. My 2nd time there. First visit was for appeal for my BTO applications. but as stated in my previous post, the HDB officer told me that this punggol waterway ballot also depend on LUCK. wasnt satisfied. so decided to go again. ha! difficult me!

spoke to the person there that i need a READY FLAT urgently coz im already pregnant now and my inlaws place is OVER CROWded. the person that wrote the letter to HDB for us said he understand that COV IS CRAZy. till now, i havent receive any calls/letters from HDB. it was stated in the MP letter that to give us PRIORITY in choosing balance flat. HOW POWERFUL their letter is, will determine how soon can i get a flat or am i even given a READY FLAT to choose. -_-" tsk. hopefully can get thru this time. in another 1 month if still no news, im definitely going to the MP AGAIN!!!

heard from my mum that, the different zone of MP also will have difference one. -_-" she said WOODLANDS GRC there de MP very POWER. mine is hongkah GRC. maybe too louya already. dunno how true. maybe Tanjong pagar GRC ( supported by MR LEE ) lagi more POWERFUL! who knows...

Gem2505

well, good luck to you gems! hope you can get your new flat asap!
Thanks! but still waiting for HDB letter and call. The previous time they replied quite fast. If i dont hear from them 2 weeks later, go MP again. haha!! think they see my face, already know what i want to say. -_-"
:red:complaint queen!

Juz17

I applied too. Havent received the letter yet.

I am getting extremely fustrated with HDB. Its my.. 7th or 8th time applying flat from HDB already. All the while, first timer. Even with 2 BTOs that is near parents which we got 4X chances, it doesnt worked out at all! But luck just isnt on my side.

My hubby and I applied even before we got married. Till now, its been almost 2 years, and i'm already expecting now. sigh. So, i went to the MP. HDB responded, its kind of useless coz the officer said, this BTO was "over-popular" therefore still have to see "luck". seriously, i dont need his reply if he's going to say that coz its needless to tell me such "non-infomative" infomation.

given that COV is sooo high, newly weds will have difficulties forking out such a big sum for a flat + the need for renovation above it.

too much disappointments already, so im not expecting a good ballot result this time round AGAIN.

given that i've moved in with inlaws. 4rm flat. there's 3 couples under the roof. inlaws, my hubby n i & hubby's bro+wife. seriously, the house is "over-cramped". i dont even dare to imagine when my baby is born, where can he/she sleep? on my bed definitely. The flat im living in now is also BTO flat, therefore area of the room is DAMN SMALL. i dont even have a space to put a baby cot! seriously, not even a small matress on the floor. sigh. now can only, walk 1 step see 1 step. shake head.
I totally understand how you feel. Currently I am only staying in 3 rm flat and I am staying with my parents and my bro also stays with us but sleeps in the living room. Imagine when my baby is out...sigh sigh... :(
I failed 2 balloting for BTO punggol where I got 2292 queue for the first and 2nd one totally no queue cos my number is way beyond 300% of the flats they have.
I think since u went MP and they say such comments, I think I can forget about doing that.
I even asked my hubby whether will one fine day Mediacorp come out with documentary call 'living in poor environment', will they come and shoot my family cos by then we got 6 ppl squeezing into a 3 room flat?? LOL :001_302: Or maybe we will be caught for 'illegally' put 6 ppl into a small flat? LOL...
SIGH SIGH!