We are TTC-ing!

littlehamster

Dragontail ur hubby really good haha. Have u consider stay home be taitai? Haha maybe can help w ttc. Since ttc I switch morning bread to whole meal type, but alot things like eat outside less healthy n rice all these all simple sugar no good for glucose level for our body. Those can change I try change Liao, but not total cos to me I can't stand alot the grainy taste haha

Littlej how much u bought the RJ and flaxseed? I think I sensitive to fish oil (headache after eat, then I give the bottle to my mum) thinking trying flaxseed for dha

Dragontail

Oh yeah, TGIF for the last time. Hope you all are looking forward to 2013:)

I like the idea of buying the vege from charp chye stall. I shall try that. I also have to cut down on white bread. I love bread so much I'm always teased by my hubby that he can always smell bread on me. Argh. And I do like grainy food (since i'm a rat. hhaha!) but they are usually less available at near my workplace.

Wow, those pills sound like a meal already. lol. I did try that GNC prenatal multivits. It gave me gastric so I had to stop. I was also taking glucosamine for my joints but I stopped because of pregnancy.

I dont think I can afford to be taitai because we just bought a roof over our top. Not so fast it'll be ready but I cant afford no CPF every month!

I have been eating wholemeal bread every morning since two years ago...
i cannot take prenatal or multi vitamins because i always get sore throat and fell sick after taking..
as for vegetables, i always try to make sure i had veggies for lunch or dinner somehow... but not sure if the veggies sold outside good or not because there may be pesticides residues since they are not organic?

On top of that i started to take pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, almond nuts every morning with wholegrains cereals... i also started taking ensure milk...

Hope all these are good enough...

Oh ya i took fish oil every afternoon.. other than daily tcm, weekly bazhen

littlej

@littlehamster : Erm... I can't remember how much I bought the vits for. I Got from GNC so you can check the price and member gets discount. I am a GNC member.

Oh I didn't know multi-vits got side effects. I have been on multi vits for quite a while and hahhaha I guess even if got side effects initially I prob brushed off as my own prob. Hmm, cannot take glucosamine when pregnant? Hmm. Yes... So I take multi vit + flaxseed + glucosamine twice a day, rest once a day.

Having read the making babies book, I am also now starting on 2 new things - wheatgrass juice and warm water with lemon every morning and a 20min morning walk to soak vit d (also can walk my dog at the same time)...Oh and btw if drink milk should drink warm milk not cold. I take the anlene high calcium milk that comes in packets so that is room temp. But quite ex leh... Thinking I should switch back to meiji and just warm it up...

Idont know how When I start work... How am i going to juggle all these morning necessities ESP when I am the kind to wake up late, no time for breakfast even!

poohy

Good morning! Wow u all really take a lot of supplements also! I'm not the only one hehehe....
I didn't restrict diet leh...why cannot eat white bread? I take every morning woh....oh oh....

Littlej,
why not u try taking anlene milk in powder form... its cheaper than packet ones in the long run...

Other than morning sun walk, anlene powder milk also give u vitamin D which is essential for fertility

Dragontail

Good morning too.

Poohy, generally refined flour/carbo is not deem as healthy as wholemeal (unrefined) ones. For me, I have to cut down glucose so have to watch my carbo type intake. But if you do eat balanced diet and not too picky (me picky :( ), can still eat white bread.

I did pop some vits but stopped when preggie as I scared they aint good for during preggie. I just sticked to prenatal ones.

These were what I popped before : royal jelly, evening primrose, fish oil, glucosamine. Are all these ok if we fall pregnant?

Hey Poopy I'm not exactly thin and fats are not all that bad as they are crucial for reproductive hormones :)

Faithmummy I have been consulting Dr Su since Aug so it's nearly 5 months for me too. Yup going to consult her for these couple of months and decide from there. I believe Dr Su is good too but I honestly don't know how long it's going to take to even conceive..

Wow I think I'm seriously lacking in vits and supplements after reading what you all are taking.. But I hate swallowing capsules so I will just continue with my folic n milk for now.

littlej

Hello... Oh tcm takes so long? I was under this impression that 2 to 3 months can already :( Ok I know there is no miraculous cure but I guess I also need something to pin my hopes on...

Hmm.. A sudden bout of pessimisim.. Never thought it would be so difficult :(

Oh well. Next week is my medical week...

shijiaxin

not sure is this thread active in pray zhu sheng niang niang.

i am going to tao payoh temple to pray zsnn to return favor tomorrow afternoon, hence will be praying with red eggs.
not sure do u believe, do go pray n get baby luck from the eggs placed there.

littlehamster

I'm taking gnc prenatals now. Hubby taking gnc multi vit and aso glucosamine.

Argh I caught the cold. Now spend the holidays sick :( and is bd week

Tcm aso needs time, not magic haha

Good luck to u, Shijiaxin! Keep us updated

Littlej .. Guess the effectiveness of TCM will depend on individual's condition and body. I was under the same impression too that 2-3 months it's all that required but we have to keep in mind that we are preparing our body to better handle the challenges of pregnancy.

Shijiaxin congrats on your newborn! I just went to Toa Payoh last sun to pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessings. Hope she will answer my prayer soon..

Dragontail

shijiaxin congrats! And thanks for Spreading the lucky egg dust.

I think TCM is not always the answer to every issue. All our bodies are different and we react to such alternative medicine differently. I guess timeline is very subjective. My bff threshold was 4-5months on tcm and she gave up.

Lilhamster, do get well soon!

Fiona Pea Chan

Hi All! Hubby and I tried for two months. I tested this morning and it's negative. Haizzz...... Very disappointing. Bought the pregnancy kit that states can test as early as seven days after intimacy. Today is exactly the seventh day. But...... Still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll miss my period next week...

Dragontail

Welcome Fiona! What test kit is that which is able to test so early? But dont give up so soon. Still can pin a little hope so long as there's no sight of AF.

Anyway as you can see, many of us t-c-cing many months. 2 months is "nothing" ;p. Good luck!

melody yu

Hi Fiona! U used the Fortel pregnancy test kit isit?? Haha...I oso used that before. Tested 7days after pregnancy. But a negative at this point of time doesn't really mean u're not pregnant. It could juz be the hcg level still far too low to b detected ba. Y not wait till ur menses r due den test again?? Few days back,I oso did the pregnancy test when my menses is due. Weird thing is,after I juz wet the test strip. I did saw a faint line tgt wif the control line in e box,but after afew minutes. That faint line is gone...zzz...happy for nth for awhile. Haha...but my menses is still not here yet. Still praying for e best

Dragontail

melody yu, i feel that a line is still high chance a positive line, faint or shortlived. Maybe yes will till you missed your AF few days and try again :)

My last one, on day 7dpo i think, I got a hair thin line on clearblue. I read that you need to have the width as thick as the control line to be deem a +ve. So I thought that was just a nasty evap line (blue dye infamous for that). Next day I tested again and it was surely a -ve. Felt conned on 7dpo. lol.

But on 11dpo, i was tested confirmed BFP. So I was thinking maybe 7dpo wasnt an evap line afterall.

Anyway, goooood luck!

littlehamster

The test 7 days early test is not really true for all ppl. Cos they just use the common implantation date to gauge only. If u implant early then shld be ok. But alot of us duno implantation is when and could be late a few days if that's the case if use the test will still consider early. I aso give up the test after few try. Kinda like waste of $

littlej

happy sunday everyone! last sunday for the year! may 2013 bring all of us here what we wish for :)

ahhh.. I guess TCM is "bo pao"... but I hope I hope I hope... *hee hee*...

Do all TCMs prescribe same medication though? I like Dr Wu but I wonder if after 4 months if doesn't work should I change...

Dragontail

I'm sure 2013 is gonna be a good year for everyone... afterall we live pass apocalypse. :p

I think the basis of TCM is quite similar among all these recommended sinsehs. But I'm sure each is different in some ways. Just like different gynaes do things differently, we just have to find one sinseh that works magic for the individuals.

So far, I think Dr Wu works fine for me. I can't wait to be preggie again but I know my body needs time. She stressed again the last time I saw her that I dont have to worry conceiving. But need the right formula to make it full term. I really hope I dont have to suffer another mc again.

littlej, I guess you have to ask your body by then if still no progress months down the road. But hopefully there's good news soon.