We are TTC-ing!

melody yu

Ya lo...I'm sure 2013 will b a better year for all of us. N hopefully we will b able to conceive n haf our little snake baby ^^ I'm still hoping that my menses will continue to b late den I can repeat the pregnancy test again. Hope to c that two dark lines soon

poohy

yeah! NEw year eve!

superwoman....do you get ache/cramp on your side after taking Dr Su ovulation medicine? Mine keep aching but when I test OPK..its negative....wonder whats happening!

Dragontail- yeah! 2013 shall be good year for all of us! Pray for all to be pregnant! yeah!

Happy new year to all in advance! May the stork visit us in 2013!

Poohy yea I notice I ve cramps in mid of the cycle with the ovulation medicine.. Heard fr Dr Su the medicine will allow the eggs to be more fully mature or something like that?

Dragontail

Today marks the last day at work of 2012 =)

Just chatted with my boss and it’s comforting to know she’s flexible for me on taking a short break during my next pregnancy. Will play by the year and depending on workload by then.

Anyone knows if we “should” do postnatal massage for MC cases? Actually what’s the purpose of massage for post natal?

poohy

oh i see...been waiting for that positive since cramp and pain for so many days! but then still negative.....sian...tot can make use of this holiday...

dragontail, you got an understanding boss ! so nice...

post natal massage- i did for my 1st bb. It helps to push out those dirty blood and help to get back the figure. IT also helps to relieve muscle aches for me.

Dragontail

I did get o-pains (usually I didnt have one) after my sinseh's acupuncture in Nov. It was quite sharp and uncomfortable (i mean the o-pains).

poohy, so do you know if it's necessary to do for post mc? If so, do you have any recommendation where I can go to? thanks!

poohy

dragontail, not too sure for post mc...i lost the contact for mine. Was a malay lady who comes to my house. Maybe i try to ask my friend whether she still has the number.

Dragontail

Thanks poohy. Somehow prefer to visit the massage place rather then having her coming over my place (I dont own my place that's why ;p).

Yes will be great if I can enquire more from her. Thank you very much.

Dragontail

yes I did twice of acupuncture at dr wu. That was done very nearing my O and I did conceive from there.

I didnt ask for the acupuncture though. She suggested for me to do it when she thought I was physically ready to conceive that month.

Maybe you can enquire about it when you see her next and hear what she can share on it for your case.

Have a blastful celebration:)

littlehamster

i think i O last night (from opk).. anyway as i mentioned i was sick and its bd weekend. doctor gave me antibiotics amoxicillin (its safe for preg and ttc) and i read up on it, they mentioned it helps with increasing more fertile cm. i observed and realize i dont have the bloops of creamy sticky cm which i usually get for 2 days before i get fertile cm (1day or sometimes less than a day), all the time was either semen or some other wet stuffs (might be even mixture of cm and other things).. now is start of my 2ww~ :001_302:

littlehamster

ladies, i come across a magazine regarding conceiving using fengshui.. if u interested pm me ur email i will send u a scan copy. its also available in newstand, world of fengshui nov/dec2012 by lilian too. in her website aso got some general tips

personally i m not a total belief of fengshui, but they say better listen than nothing, even my new flat me n hubby agree to go see the fengshui master for tips.

if you dont believe this stuffs then pls skip this post, if not, just take it as a reading pleasure :)

littlej

@littlehamster - When do you start using the opk? Like on which day onwards? And you use once a day or twice? I bought the opk but some sites said should try twice a day??

I still haven't quite figured out on the cm bit. Like I read articles on various texture and how to test but when it comes to my own I get confused.

littlehamster

I took few cycle trying out opk. So now roughly know when to start. Start will use 1x a day, when nearer will be 2x a day. From Previous cycles I realize my LH surge window quite short, that's why need test 2times. And sometimes may be error cos urine maybe too dilute.

Mine is 31days cycle, according to calendar due to ovulate at 1st/2nd jan (so fertile period is 30th to 2/3rd jan. here's a summary:

28dec - test ~4pm v faint line
29dec - afternoon v faint line
30dec - late morning faint line, 7pm dark +ve line (means gonna ovulate soon!)
31dec - did one in afternoon but can't rem result, but it's a line I think is fainter than previous day (bbt lowest point)
1stjan- ~2pm opk -ve (bbt rise)

My cm quite obvious, heard some ppl theirs not that obvious. If I'm not on antibiotics, my typical cm will be 29&30dec having bloop cm(thick sticky like runny nose phlegm), then 31st dec will have fertile cm(watery egg white)

Dragontail

hamster, good luck to your 2ww! Update us on your symptoms :)

littlej, yes it takes at least 2-3months of bbt to estimate when you're going to O. Few days before the estimated O-date, you'll have to use the OPK. It's advisable to test twice a day, about 12pm-2pm and 6-7pm (cant remember who told me that). Unlike HPT, it's not advisable to test OPK once you get up because your LH surges in the morning but it takes about 4hours to show in your urine.

My experience is once you spot EWCM, do BD every other day until your BBT surged, ie O has occured. The last BD can be on the very day the surge happens. After that you know you can take a breather. That will very much cover the base safely. I feel doing that is more relaxing than spotting LH surge.

For me, after one cycle of playing with OPK, I give up. Because I feel there's too many things to read into. BBT, CM, CP, O-pain, OPK. Somehow if I put all these readings together, they dont seem to give me one common answer. Find it rather tiring to decipher so many things at one time. For me I have come to a conclusion that my CM is my best bet, follow by BBT. The rest I dont read into them anymore.

As for your CM, just look out for abundance of eggwhite texture that can stretch over an inch between your index and thumb.

Dragontail

@ littlehamster, I was also feeling abit strange when I had my acupuncture and I thought it was supposed to give me more EWCM but instead I didnt see much during my O in Nov. The EWCM kinda just "stopped" since 3days before my O (according to BBT). I started to have EWCM I think 7 days before my O and that was when I started to BD everyday/alternate days till my O occured. So I think cover the base for that one week fertile period is the key, regardless got more or lessen of EWCM, as that was when I conceived. I'm sure you've covered your base too :)

littlej

Oh goodness. Opk sounds expensive with twice a day... Should i invest or not...

Later today is dr wu... Then hsg testing... Wish me luck ladies - hopefully least pain...