We are TTC-ing!

yukki

Soursop2014...hmmm common nt really lei..but sometimes it's a sign for the witch coming soon... :( but i'm still keeping my fingers crossed...

Dragontail..hmm nope i did nt eat spinach...just tt recently ate a lot of green veggies...

Dragontail

faithmummy ya know i'm so glad to see your message. Almost feel like tearing! Thanks. I hope you're all well being in motherhood now =)

duckling

Hi all, Just sharing and hope to see what else ppl are/was doing

Me: 30
Him: 33
trying to concieve since: Oct'13, 30 days cycle
MC: suspect once on Nov'13 (chem preg)

Me: Folic acid since Apr'11.
Hubby (force, :p): Multi vitamin, oyster (occasional), avocado milkshake and honey with date

Pattern: Try every alternate day from CD10 onward till CD22.

AF was late for 4 days, BUT unfortunate today AF arrival.. Hubby and me was super demoralized. (Both though baby dust arrived)

Been to Ban Choon (MARINE PARADE), took the medicine but ended up CD go "haze wire" Hai. Not sure should continue a not.

Next step, plan to go Poly Clinic to get referral letter to Kandang Kerbau Hospital to check whether there is any problem on us.

Anyone of you went to Kandang Kerbau Hospital for check before? What type of test they will ask us to do?

Approximate how much it cost?

Thank.

Last edited:

MXLO

Hello duckling....

1st of all, a very big welcome to you!!

Just to answer your qns...my 1st appt with KKH (referral from polyclinic) was in Jan this year. I did blood test to check for red blood cells and egg reserve and I remembered I paid less than 100 for that consultation and tests and also my hubby's sperm analysis. Shortly after that I found out i was preg in Feb so I did not go back to get my results. My preg ended up in missed miscarriage (bb din grow and heartbeat stopped at 10 weeks).

I went back to take my report from KKH in end Apr and got medi to kickstart my period after my D&C. That cost about 35 (Consultation and medi). I will be going for a US sonohysterography (a much detailed scan as my Jan report says I have polyps and ovary cyst) and HSG (to test for any blockages in uterus and fallopian tubes) on 19 and 20 May. I will update you about the cost after that.

duckling

Hi MXLO,

Really appreciate for the prompt replied.

All the test (red blood cells, egg reserve and sperm analysis) can been done in one trip when visit Kandang Kerbau Hospital or need multiply trip?

Plan to go and get the referral letter this sat and upon received the referral letter, will the poly clinic help to call and make appointment or done by us? Is the appointment fast to secure?

Sorry for asking so many question.

I'm very stressful throughout the trying session and biological clock is running. Alway ended up with disappointment. Just really hope to get it done and over.

Last edited:

MXLO

1st please dun get so stress up....Stress does not help at all in our TTC journey. So try to relax and enjoy the process! ;)

When you go to polyclinic to get referral they will arrange the appointment for you with KKH on the spot. Then when you go KKH for appointment (mine was like the following week) to see the gynae, they will suggest you take the blood test (for both red blood cells and egg reserve) on that day. Ultrasound will also be scheduled to do too and definitely not on the same day.

For hubby's SA (sperm analysis) it will be arrange for another day, he either have to go down and shake it out in the room provided OR he can do it at home BUT the contents must reach them at certain time (like within an hour). My hubby arranged for a date and went down to do it in the room.

At this appointment, they will suggest you call them for HSG on the 1st day of your period (if yours is over or not here yet). Then once its all done, an appointment will be made to see the gynae and he/she will discuss with you the next step. I believe this appointment to see gynae to discuss the results and next step will be about a month from your HSG and your ultrasound (they need 2 weeks to process your results).

MXLO

In my opinion, once you get all your test results, you should see your TCM with your results and probably they can help even more.

I am also seeing TCM and KKH concurrently. TCM does not work immediately so give it some time.

jia you!!

MXLO

And also start to chart your temperature which is the most accurate to see which day you ovulate and use ovulation prediction kit. It does help!

dragontail, you still remember me !!
i wanted to come in many times but didn't have the time...
baby and i are well... and i really wish you all the best....jiayou !! and want to hear your good new !!!

duckling

Hi MXLO,

Sometime is easy to say then do. The process is longer what we enjoy more like a mandatory, this is how both of us feel since we trying...

I didn't chart my temperature. But i check my muscu to ensure I'm on the fertile period. (Any chart temperature template?)

Does your hubby went with you to the Poly Clinic to get the referral letter or just you?

First visit to Kandang Kerbau Hospital, no need to bring hubby go? You mention that hubby have to do sperm analysis but a separate days. His (just a donor) present is not important on the first day?

The chinese sinseh, not sure whether want to continue to try a not, but one thing for sure, is not cheap. Spent approximate of $170+ per visits (6 packets of medicine) and wake up super early just to go there and queue to see him.

Sometime, been wondering, is it really our body having problem or just purely by STRESS.....

Last edited:

MXLO

Ya i understand that la. Easier said than done....why not go for short holiday to relax? I remembered in Jan when i conceived is after i came back from holiday, so am in a relaxing mode. :) sometimes is work stress too!

Most, if not all in here, uses fertility friend app which you can download on your phone to chart your temperature. very useful application.

For 1st visit in KKH, pls bring hubby along becos they will also asked him qns and give him the instructions on what to do for his sperm analysis (SA). Polyclinic he no need to attend but can go with you la.

Ohh i heard about that tcm. Actually you are not the 1st to tell me that your CD go haywire after seeing tcm. For me, mine din go haywire but i got too heaty for some of the medi.

MXLO

u can also see the 1st few pages of this thread on what are the ladies doing to help them in the TTC journey.

duckling

Hi MXLO,

We did went for short trip, 5D4N, ended up both of us got food posioning (BKK), stay in hotel for 2N onward till fly back....

Hubby must be super happy that he no need to go polyclinic.

But if he go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital, fees for him, will be private rate not subsidized fees right?
The purpose for us to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital, is to utilise the subsidized rate.
Will Kandang Kerbau Hospital provide MC for both of us on that day of visits?

Wanted to go private gynas to check, but somehow feel that the money can save for better use (when pregnant or for baby). We will never know how long the duration or money involved in this process.

TCM, make my mens haywire. But lucky no other symptom arise such as stomachache or outbreak. The TCM Sinseh is not registered under MOH, don't think he is a real sinseh but he do emphasis that he is help us to "tiao" our body not doctor.

Apologise for asking so many question.....

Last edited:

MXLO

OHH MAN....that sounds bad....

If you go KKH using polyclinic referral, your hubby's SA is also subsidized rate. So he must be there on the 1st appt. You can request for MC, i think.

Maybe you can switch sinseh? BTW which one you seeing?

duckling

Hi MXLO,

thank. Great to heard that hubby is subsidized rate too.

The TMC we went is the marine parade ban Choon famous SINSEH. I Try to look for his name but can't find under the registered TCM.

MXLO

ohh that one......very long queue one!! My friend went to him last year for fertility issues. They din get pregnant thou. After that they went for IVF and managed to get twins. It was this sinseh who told her that she is expecting twins(but he told her that other twin is abit weak) when the scan showed only 1 sac.

I think he helped her to tiao her body for the IVF. Hers 1st attempt succeed and now a mother of 2!