We are TTC-ing!

my nxt review is on mid feb, so will rest for 1 to 2 mths before doc decide next appt of treatment, during tis period will try natural first. abit scared but if drag too long aso worry more probs.

sassie

Hi Eggscatcher,

What is SA?

Hi everyone, can give me some advise... hubby doesnt want to go sperm count test... how can i convince him? so sad.. he refuse to talk about the topic at all:shyxxx:, though i'm pretty sure the issue is with me but the doctor also seems like only interested to find out about him :/

My scope scan came out clear, tried 3 cycle of clomid last year but no result as well. Bloodtest also ok for me. I hear IVF is really painful with the hormones jabs and stuffs :eek:10:. I didnt know IUI is also painful... either way we try, we still need hubby to test sperm right?

Dragontail

Firstly, welcome here sassie.

SA = sperm analysis. It's that test that your other half is avoiding to talk about.

Next, I wanna comment that there's no way you or anyone can tell that the issues evolve around you and not him, without having him to do the SA. Can I know why you conclude that the issue may lie on you and not other factor/s?

to me, it's not at all important where or who is the issue on ttc. This is a joint journey...most importantly you both as a couple go through it together. Focus on tackling the issues as one. When I first told my hubby about the SA, he was skeptical. Not because he was wary if there could be an underlying issue. But more like ego. Like why must I put my precious under scrutiny. But of course in the end, he agrees all is neccesary.

There must be a reason the doc wants him to do SA. I hope you can sit him down and explain SA is not all all scary. He has to remove his mental block if trying for a child is both your common goal. Can't be you alone doing all the tests and not him (like just ONE test?).

There is not even a point to do IUI If he doesn't even do SA. If his SA result is weak, doc won't suggest IUI. But IVF is ok. And no, IUI/IVF is not that scary nor painful. Where did you read that from?

you mentioned scope scan....is it HSG?

ttcgal

Hello ladies, anyone knows a good andrologist in SG dealing with male fertility issues? My reports are normal but his SA report has low motility and poor morphology (very good count though). Doc suggests a second SA after 3 months. Meanwhile I want him to consult an andrologist. Any help appreciated. :)

sassie

Yes it's ego and possibly worried? I think issue with me because my cycle is between 65 to 95days... I forgot the technical name, it was done at a gynae and a blood test at the same time..

Dragontail

If he has bad SA(which we hope not), even if you have perfect cycle, there are still big challenges on ttc.

You may like to check if your scan was called HSG. HSG helps to see if your Fallopian tubes are blocked. I feel this is one of the more important tests to do.

Hi Sassie, typically don't tink guys like to take SA test as it challenge their manhood and ego, slowly do give him some time to consider & understd tis Is just part of family planning body checkup. Both parents shld have responsibility in taking charge their own health and to ensure baby's gd health in TTC journey. IUI not pain just emotional stress during 2WW. GL!

mintminer

All man are like that one, cannot put down their face. I juz came back from holiday n it hit my ovulation day but husband make me walk so much every day that I have no energy to do baby dance. Seems like natural trying is not possible, better prepare n try for 2nd Ivf.

Dragontail

I guess since have made up mind on ivf then don't stress too much on natural ttc. Let nature takes its course while waiting for ivf to start.

Where did you go mint?

Hi mintminer, did u told ur boss why u taking HL? I'm not sure how to break the news to my boss cos my boss sure jump to find someone backup me, I may need to work from home during the 2wk HL.

mintminer

Yar, I told my female boss n a few colleagues nog course hr when I went for Ivf last year. So they already know I got for a second one last dec but due to some rearrangement I will be going in March instead so juz nice in time to finish sap before I go off. I may also have to support from home but minimum.

Mintminer, Glad to hear tat u hv v supportive work team, just tinking if i shld be honest with everything or just need to give a brief reason to my boss, later my boss v over react n my whole depart sure noe, anyway, when the time comes, jus hv to go wif the flow. wow looking back, we hv come so far together...

mintminer

Today my cmpy retrench 5 person n everyone was badly affected by it as our office is small. I was not affected by it. Actually I feel like leaving the company even before this incident. The only good thing abt this company is that the pregnacy rate is very high. For the past 2 yrs, got 3 pregnant n now got one more. I hope that baton will pass to me soon.

My department alone had 6pp given birth, though is only 12pax, is like Donno when is my turn, so demoralizing, anyway jus wan to hv a gd rest first then go n try again.
there's a nice quote to share with u, if you wan something u nv had, u hv to do something Nv done before. Jiayou together k tgif baby dancing again haha

Tasha12

Morning Ladies!! How are you all doing? I went to see Dr Tan HH last week. He say I can try natural for 3 months is there no good news I have to do Ivf... He say although he manage to clear the blockage of my tube but my tube are not that healthy. I really hope i can get baby dust by natural form.