Webpage scrolling on it's own??

lisa_ng

wonder anyone experience webpage scrolling on it's own recently?
sounds eerie isn't it..luckily it happened to me in the afternoon, else might have fainted.

i encounter this problem recently.
didn't use the scroll button but the webpage keep scrolling down.
thought was the internal touchpad malfunction, plug in an external mouse and it works fine.
after a day or two, i unplug the external mouse. it was fine again.

until recently my sis told me that her touchpad it's faulty, i probe further and realise she's having the same problem.
not sure if it's hardware fault as coincidentally we both use the same brand.

got me wondering if this is a VIRUS? :err:

chiro

i kena before when opening ms excel files, the mouse moved right to the bottom when i used ibm think pad, its the mouse problem.So you did the right thing by unplugging the mouse. [QUOTEi=lisa_ng;137714]wonder anyone experience webpage scrolling on it's own recently?
sounds eerie isn't it..luckily it happened to me in the afternoon, else might have fainted.

i encounter this problem recently.
didn't use the scroll button but the webpage keep scrolling down.
thought was the internal touchpad malfunction, plug in an external mouse and it works fine.
after a day or two, i unplug the external mouse. it was fine again.

until recently my sis told me that her touchpad it's faulty, i probe further and realise she's having the same problem.
not sure if it's hardware fault as coincidentally we both use the same brand.

got me wondering if this is a VIRUS? :err:[/QUOTE]

lisa_ng

i kena before when opening ms excel files, the mouse moved right to the bottom when i used ibm think pad, its the mouse problem.So you did the right thing by unplugging the mouse.
you mean it's hardware fault??

chiro

think so, it happens when i use wireless optical mouse. Called helpdesk and they cannot explain why it happens they just say take out the mouse and plug in again. If it does not work, restart your machine.
you mean it's hardware fault??

lisa_ng

think so, it happens when i use wireless optical mouse. Called helpdesk and they cannot explain why it happens they just say take out the mouse and plug in again. If it does not work, restart your machine.
ai yo cham ar.. need to go back service centre again. hate the waiting time.
i think i do recovery for the software first. in case too much junk inside which causes the problem.

i tot if it's virus easier if can get a fix. seems like still have to do recovery or bring back for service le. :(

chiro

i mean maybe mouse sometime go crazy and got problem. What type of mouse you using? You using the mouse that comes with machine or?Your harddisk should be ok la. So long as you constantly save your documents and got up to date anti virus program should be ok. Maybe you can call service centre and ask before making the trip down if you want to address solely this issue
ai yo cham ar.. need to go back service centre again. hate the waiting time.
i think i do recovery for the software first. in case too much junk inside which causes the problem.

i tot if it's virus easier if can get a fix. seems like still have to do recovery or bring back for service le. :(

lisa_ng

i mean maybe mouse sometime go crazy and got problem. What type of mouse you using? You using the mouse that comes with machine or?Your harddisk should be ok la. So long as you constantly save your documents and got up to date anti virus program should be ok. Maybe you can call service centre and ask before making the trip down if you want to address solely this issue
fujitsu touchpad.

hehe.. no updated virus program in here.
haiz it's ok lah since next week go to go the office to pick up laptop can visit the service centre at the same time.
hope on the same day can resolved.
arrrgghhh..

chiro

er, better get the program quick. Hehe.
fujitsu touchpad.

hehe.. no updated virus program in here.
haiz it's ok lah since next week go to go the office to pick up laptop can visit the service centre at the same time.
hope on the same day can resolved.
arrrgghhh..

delfina

I know I have seen websites where the page scrolls down automatically at a pace you decide, I just can't figure out how it's done. I would appreciate any suggestions.