Week 38 and still 0 dilation

PinkDiamonds

u can try by walking around more.

BUT.

I was also 0cm dilated at 38weeks. When I delivered my baby at 40weeks I was only 1cm dilated.

I don't know if it true, but alot of ppl say have lots of sex can cause dilation. Is actually not sex but sperm do the job. There also a saying walk alot can cause dilation too. Maybe u can try but don't do it excessively. Cause anything excessive is no good. Good luck!

Autum

This must be your first baby. I got the same experience with you during my 38 weeks. In the end, my gynae said she will schedule to induce the baby. I tried sex, walking, yoga etc... no matter how still cannot make it open more.

Everybody have different experience in inducement but mine was horrible. I was admitted at 11pm and put the medicine for the cervix to open. By next day 9am, my cervix was only 1.5cm dilated. At 12pm, my cervix only open 3cm. I delivered only at 6pm... :-(

oh dear, pardon my ignorance, why do you want to be dilated at wk 38? there are 2 weeks more, shouldn't we wait till the baby decides to come out? our cervix will naturally dilate when the time comes?

mee212

oh dear, pardon my ignorance, why do you want to be dilated at wk 38? there are 2 weeks more, shouldn't we wait till the baby decides to come out? our cervix will naturally dilate when the time comes?
Hi! I would like to share with you my experience. I have delivered my dear daughter on 14 Jan. No dilation at week 38. I was like you worried about the dilation. Went for check up again at week 39 afternoon, i have some mensus cramp in the morning. I was told 0 cm dilation and might need to induce on week 40. After went back home, felt some contraction around 5+, admitted to hospital at 8.30 pm and told by the nurse already 4cm dilation.
Baby out at 10.25 pm. Now on my confinement. No worries, baby will out when is the time!

Wish you have a smooth deliver!

keefu

This must be your first baby. I got the same experience with you during my 38 weeks. In the end, my gynae said she will schedule to induce the baby. I tried sex, walking, yoga etc... no matter how still cannot make it open more.

Everybody have different experience in inducement but mine was horrible. I was admitted at 11pm and put the medicine for the cervix to open. By next day 9am, my cervix was only 1.5cm dilated. At 12pm, my cervix only open 3cm. I delivered only at 6pm... :-(
Yeah I also thought walking more and all that will make the cervix open easier... And ended up I have a very slow dilation after induce... And yet didn't deliver naturally.