Weekend playgroup/ enrichment for toddlers

cgal

Hi Hi I am looking for weekend programmes, non parent accompanied for my child who is 3 yrs old now. Anyone has any recommendation?

xiehui1128

Hi Hi I am looking for weekend programmes, non parent accompanied for my child who is 3 yrs old now. Anyone has any recommendation?
Hi there, I have enrolled my toddler on an enrichment class called The Umonics Method that specializes in memory improvement techniques. They do online classes at the moment due to the pandemic, so far the experience is good and I can see that my child is improving. Maybe you can try this too! can search on Facebook and IG for inquiries.

mummymichelle20

Benefits of Enrichment Program
Many parents are looking for a preschool or elementary school that offers enrichment programs to give their child a well-rounded education. Here are some of the benefits of enrichment programs for children.
Better performance in school

According to a study by psychologists Dr. Deborah Lowe Vandell and Dr. Jill Posner, enrichment activities can help children develop skills that help them perform better in school. The study found that children who had access to structured after-school enrichment activities had better work habits than children in the study who didn’t take part in these activities. They also had higher grades than other children in the study. Enrichment activities can help teach children skills such as concentration, persistence, and problem-solving, which can help them to do better in other areas of their education.

xiehui1128

Benefits of Enrichment Program
Many parents are looking for a preschool or elementary school that offers enrichment programs to give their child a well-rounded education. Here are some of the benefits of enrichment programs for children.
Better performance in school

According to a study by psychologists Dr. Deborah Lowe Vandell and Dr. Jill Posner, enrichment activities can help children develop skills that help them perform better in school. The study found that children who had access to structured after-school enrichment activities had better work habits than children in the study who didn’t take part in these activities. They also had higher grades than other children in the study. Enrichment activities can help teach children skills such as concentration, persistence, and problem-solving, which can help them to do better in other areas of their education.
This article is so good! That's why I always encourage everyone to choose what's best for their kids, even choosing the right enrichment is one of the biggest factors of your child's mental and emotional development.

mummymichelle20

Numerous studies indicate that very young children who receive early enriched care and education tend to have increased intelligence, a better ability to learn, greater language development, higher levels of self-esteem and improved social skills.

Young children who experience early childhood development programs enter kindergarten with larger vocabularies, and they are more ready to learn basic mathematics and reading. School readiness is an important predictor of school success and social acceptance.

gwendolyn2601

Hello parents, My name is G. I used to assist in Occupational Therapy sessions for special needs children and provide tuition services.

I am an advocate for physical-based activities as it:
⁃ improves one’s concentration and memory ⁃ improves one’s health and well-being
⁃ provides greater confidence ⁃ makes tuition not so boring
⁃ improves one’s gross (e.g. throwing ball, cycling) and fine motor skills (e.g. tying shoe lace, opening bottle can, buttoning shirt)

Each session is a flat rate of $35/hr.

Duration (once/ twice weekly and 1hr/ 1.5hrs per session) and content of sessions are customised accordingly, depending on your goal:
⁃ Functional life skills activity (e.g. crossing road, counting money and buying things, folding clothes)
⁃ Indoor fun activity (e.g. games, play dough, mini obstacles at home)
⁃ Pre-writing/ education (eg primary school math/science/chinese)

I always believe a child is able to better focus/ regulate with sufficient physical activities. Same goes for Adult.

Message me for discussion and i can provide more information (eg past experiences and future plans). Let’s work together and help your child achieve greater heights!

*Disclaimer: I do not provide initial assessment/ evaluation, physical activities might cause little abrasion (which can help a child to grow stronger) :)

The key component to achieving various goals is keeping the sessions and activities fun and “child-directed” if possible. This means I allow the child to pick what we do but I manipulate it into being therapeutic and to work on the goals I have set for the child. This way, it is always motivating, and the child does not realise that they are doing “work.” When working at home, I encourage you to be playful and imaginative with the activities, this will yield the best results.