What Activities Do U have Wif ur baby?

autumn82

Hi mummies,

Was wondering what do u usually do with ur kids daily if u're the caregiver? What sort of activities do u play wif them? Or do u just leave the baby there to play by himself? Let them watch educational DVDs? Bring out for strolls?

Have been wondering what other activities for me to do wif my DS when he's awake. Besides daily, watching Your baby can read, flashcards, reading story to him, playing toys by himself, bring him out for strolls?

Am I lacking something?

CanCanMum

darling~~

i recalled the times when my boy is around same age as yours can?

i always bring my boy for walks in my carrier...on weekends...anywhere...we seldom stay at home...

if we stay at home will:

1) do baby massage ....after bathing
2) bonding time during bathing - we bathe together
3) sleep (most of the time) - afternoon naps....den i cook dinner
4) coz he is on walker, so he will 'walk' here 'walk' there explore the house by himself.....
5) sometimes leave him to play by himself...

i neber let him watch tb las time until after one year old....heeee:001_302::001_302::001_302:

SH74

at 7 months :

play by himself = YES
watch educational dvd = YES
bring out for strolls = YES (actu it's more like he bring me out for strolls 'cause stay home v boring)
watch tv = YES
let my dogs entertain him = YES
read story to him = NO ('cause he'll either tear or eat the book)

autumn82

at 7 months :

play by himself = YES
watch educational dvd = YES
bring out for strolls = YES (actu it's more like he bring me out for strolls 'cause stay home v boring)
watch tv = YES
let my dogs entertain him = YES
read story to him = NO ('cause he'll either tear or eat the book)
Anything else I can introduce to him? :tlaugh:

snowie28

Anything else I can introduce to him? :tlaugh:
hi autumn, if u r a hardworking mummy, u may try buying flash cards and read to him those flash cards everyday/everytime u r with ur baby. Not to worry as baby brains are easily absorb things/knowledge, this is the stage where they learn very fast. Flash cards will actually stimulate his brains cells.:red:

autumn82

hi autumn, if u r a hardworking mummy, u may try buying flash cards and read to him those flash cards everyday/everytime u r with ur baby. Not to worry as baby brains are easily absorb things/knowledge, this is the stage where they learn very fast. Flash cards will actually stimulate his brains cells.:red:
Did tot of getting the flashcards as well... But besides flashcards... r there any more activities? LOL. Sometimes, feel as though not enuff interaction w DS...

SH74

erm... i think u can try kindermusik. but dunno is it too young or not. or mayb sing nursery rhythm w actions to ur boy. my sis n bro-in-law alw do that to my boy when he's younger. my boy loves it. :)

vonn81

flash card just flash and say out loud?? baby just see will do?? like that can absorb already?? how fast do we need to flash the card?? thanks

Porukadotzu

Hi mummies,

Was wondering what do u usually do with ur kids daily if u're the caregiver? What sort of activities do u play wif them? Or do u just leave the baby there to play by himself? Let them watch educational DVDs? Bring out for strolls?

Have been wondering what other activities for me to do wif my DS when he's awake. Besides daily, watching Your baby can read, flashcards, reading story to him, playing toys by himself, bring him out for strolls?

Am I lacking something?
i tink you done alot of things to your baby so far since he only turn 7 month old....

i also do baby massage to her, but i tink she don't like it, coz nowadays when i try to massage she's like wiggling here there then scream... haiz.

but nowadays she like to play peekaboo alot, so i kept doing that.

i read anything for baby, even it's a Style magazine coz i got bored reading her the nursery rhymes haha... coz this age baby just want to hear mom's voice... so i read the magazine with all kind of tones and show her what is in trend in fashion :001_302::001_302:

then if she got bored inside the room i'd took her outside, look around the plants n trees or flowers, fishpond, or just sit outside somewhere shade and put her on my lap facing me then i let out sound weird2 voice she would gag like i'm the funniest in the world. It's enough for entertaining her.

haven't try flashcard thou..... but its a good idea.

Porukadotzu

hi all mummies,
my bb son is 2= mths..wat activities do u all do with your bb at this age huh?? :msad:
last time when my girl 2 month old the activity we done mostly training her eyesight and she loves it, put her under the mobile most of the time for couple of mins, or play with hand puppet or just use my hands to move around her face while she's laying down... and she can be so excited when the hand move nearer and nearer her face.

bbaloysius

last time when my girl 2 month old the activity we done mostly training her eyesight and she loves it, put her under the mobile most of the time for couple of mins, or play with hand puppet or just use my hands to move around her face while she's laying down... and she can be so excited when the hand move nearer and nearer her face.
hee we dont have mobile for him, cos he sleeps in the swing & we actually move away the bb cot since he dont like to sleep in it..hmm, we got a play mat with toys hanging though, think its time to get this out for him to use :001_302:
we went to buy some flashcards last nite, & show some to him..he did look at them & seems fascinated haha..

stonston

oh no. seems like i'm e only mummy who likes physical play :p

at 7mths u can do alot of different physical playing activities to stimulate their muscles and nerves.

i rmb my boy loves it when i carry him face down, like superman position, then walk ard the house. he will stretch out his hands n legs and sometimes kick his legs like swimming.

and i always put him on playmat, then dangle toys in front of him, hv crawling competition with him.

& i hv a big playyard, so he always climb up to hold the side of the playyard n start to stand n jump on the spot. then i'll dangle toys to force him to move sideways to grab the toy. develop his leg muscles. he started to walk without help at 10-11mths.

7mths old u can also use different texture fabric, sew them together into a mini blanket. then u can let him touch n feel n describe the texture.

most fun i had was acting out my own stories to him with help of soft toys and puppets. he's so addicted to them up to now (2yr+) he still plays with the puppets n soft toys.
best if u can be as excited and animated with ur facial expression as possible. they will learn very fast. my boy is very expressive now his teachers keep asking me to send him for speech n drama (but he's underage, no classes wanna accept him).