What age to bring baby for swimming??

leey

I bought my dds to swim when they r about 5mths stay in the pool for 10-15mins. They use the Huggies disposable diapers tt r meant for swimming.:mlaugh:
I think the public government swimming pool is more safety too.
So much care attention on it.

For your reference only.
:wong19::we2Randy-git:

leey

The public & private swimming pools are certainly not the ideal places for babies- with all the chemicals, chlorine being just one of them, and the germs, etc. I use deep bath tub to let my baby play in the water or visit the baby swimming centre named HWA XIA. Find thier web site: Hwa Xia International Pte Ltd Baby Swimming Program Baby Massage Program Baby & Kids Hair Cut
Yes,and the pool washing materials (chemicals tool) are not good for small child
maybe need more care on this issue.

SH74

my boy started swimming when he's 1+month old. went to hwa xia. he was tensed during 1st swim. but aft that, he looks foward to it. everytime i tell him that he's gg SWIMMING, he'll get excited.

he goes there every week. jus finished his last session. gg to buy the portable tub, let him swim at home instead.

will only let my boy go to public pool when he's 1 yr old for hygiene purpose.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
my boy started swimming when he's 1+month old. went to hwa xia. he was tensed during 1st swim. but aft that, he looks foward to it. everytime i tell him that he's gg SWIMMING, he'll get excited.

he goes there every week. jus finished his last session. gg to buy the portable tub, let him swim at home instead.

will only let my boy go to public pool when he's 1 yr old for hygiene purpose.

Got it.

Maybe go to warm water pool, (with life guardon on duty for safety, of course)

seem more comfortable to small children.

For your reference only.

pokkadots

i brought my daughter swimming when she turned 2...my auntie brought her baby when he was like 10mths old! :we2Randy-git:i would like to sign her up for classes but would prefer private? any recommendations? and how much should i budget for?

oh but i m letting her try to learn skating since she is like 38mths now... cos i found that this skate school Skate With Us Learn to Skate in Singapore - Free Rollerblading Trial Class! has like free children skating lesson trial

SH74

dek2k8 > i brought my boy to a condo bb pool recently. nv swim in it. jus dip his legs in water. he kept looking at the water. mayb the water is cold. haaha... :D

ya. i also think it's more comfy to go to warm water pool. i also prefer warm water pool. haha... :p

Hi mummies, read online that we can actually bring our baby to the public pool to swim. but my MIL said that so many pple enters the pool. some with skin probs, & many pee in the pool.
Any1 tried aqua duck? my girl is coming 11mths liao. now she's also usin the portable tub with neck float but i want to let her try to really swim in a big pool. :Dancing_wub:

shopaholic

I brought mine after they turn 3yo. Was initially worried abt the viruses that they might be exposed to if we brot them too early. Anyway, they enjoyed sitting in the float and dipping themselves in the pool. :)

dek2k8

Alpha Male
I brought mine after they turn 3yo. Was initially worried abt the viruses that they might be exposed to if we brot them too early. Anyway, they enjoyed sitting in the float and dipping themselves in the pool. :)
got it,

that is more safety for the 3 years old kids ....

cutie9629

i just bring my boy to swimming,
he is almost 9 months,
u can try to bring ur bb,
but not too long for first time...:tlaugh:

www.babyswimming.com.sg

baby are born swimmer.
Perhaps the best news of all is that swimming help to grow and develop the baby’s brain because the brain grows by use. Providing an opportunity for baby to move in the water is an ideal way to develop not only a stronger body, but a better brain.

How does physical activity cause the brain to grow? The simple answer is stimulation. If a baby receives extraordinary stimulation, the brain will store an extraordinary amount of information. This is the foundation of human ability.
swimming for newborn is popular IN USA, JAPAN, EURO. In Singapore, the company provide the course is HWA XIA INTERNATION P/L. Untitled Document.

this is soooo cute!!! can't wait to bring him!

SH74

weefee's mummy > i think quite a few of us brought our bb there for swim.

i brought my boy when he's 1+mths old. now coming to 6mths old n he's loving it alot. n i find his development is really faster. more alert also. dunno is it coincidence or wat.