What are some great food recipes to cook?

wingmark

Hi,

I want to learn how to cook a variety of different foods. My mom is teaching me how to food, but it is mostly Chinese foods. If you don't mind sharing, could you give me some good recipes? I enjoy many different foods. You can give me recipes, anywhere from appetizers to main dishes to desserts or even drinks like smoothies and such. Thanks!

Regards

yamfry50

This is one of my absolute favorites, and is an authentic portuguese soup recipe:

Preparation method

• First, drink some port - it helps you get in the mood!
  • Sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
  • Chop the sausage into small chunks and add to the onion.
  • Sweat the onions and sausage for a few more minutes and then add the diced potatoes. They will absorb all the flavour from the sausage.
  • Transfer the mixture to a large pan, add the stock, seasoning and bay leaves, and cook until the potatoes are soft.
  • Meanwhile, very finely chop the cabbage (alternatively, buy a cabbage-shredding machine from the market as we did).
  • When the potatoes are ready, mash them into the broth to make a thick base. Blanch the greens in boiling water for one minute to take off any bitterness, drain, then add to the simmering broth.
  • Add as much cabbage as the broth will support - if you want heavy soup add loads of greens, if lighter, add less.
  • Simmer for a few minutes. The soup will go the colour of jade.
  • Mix the smoked paprika with some olive oil to make a dressing, and swirl this red magic into the vibrant green soup.
  • Serve with some heavy country bread

Phoebii Cheng

yamfry50

There are tons of ideas you can put together that are easy and quick. You could always make a big lasagne and layer it with ricotta, spinach, veggies and lots of cheese..or you can opt for something more simple such as steamed yams, grilled chicken and my favorite side dish Quinoa. If you don't have any marinade on hand for the chicken you can use pretty much anything sitting in your fridge. lemon juice, EVOO, dry onion mixed with a bit of water, or soy sauce. I've improvised a lot over the years LOL

Hope this stirred some ideas for you!

SkyeFve

Hi you can go to this website Noob Cook Recipes | Singapore Food Blog | Cooking Blog | Easy, Fast, Simple Recipes or Food For Tots - Recipes for toddlers they have variety of recipes that some of them I have tried it out and they taste great....simple & easy to cook

You can also google for the recipes that you want, say you want to cook pasta dish just google for it

Or there are some nice recipes in this forum too, I have tried some like the black bean soups etc.....
thanks for the share.