What are the 'pantang' things that you actually do while pregnant?

Porukadotzu

Hi, just wondering, any mums to be that actually doing the 'pantang' (forbidden according to old wives tales) things during pregnancy?

-SRI-

Mom told me to bring nails wherever i go..muz be in odd number..so tt the Pontianak don disturb us...tt thing luvs pregnant woman & blood... so far dunno true or nt..but i did saw one..she peeps at my windows..tt time i was bleeding...

Umeko

Mi not suppose to sew or cut on d bed..my uncle oso say cannot do painting n hse renovating.. mayb tatz too noisy 4 d bb... lol..

Pink daisy

Yeah I heard all of those too, but when I was expecting my bb, I moved hse twice (both @ 4th flr walk-up apt), hvg my final examination, going places including eating durians @ geylang past midnites :shyxxx:
hee hee but i oso reduce my caffeine and swims reg. all the way up to my 8th mth

Thank goodness all is well :Dancing_tongue:

MrsNeo

Mom told me to bring nails wherever i go..muz be in odd number..so tt the Pontianak don disturb us...tt thing luvs pregnant woman & blood... so far dunno true or nt..but i did saw one..she peeps at my windows..tt time i was bleeding...

OMG!! :elvis:

Serious you saw one? Was it scary??? Did you manage to see the whole face?

Porukadotzu

OMG, you sure its 'it'??
:elvis::elvis::elvis:

wawaa..i'm such a scarry cat about these things....

-SRI-

OMG!! :elvis:

Serious you saw one? Was it scary??? Did you manage to see the whole face?
OMG, you sure its 'it'??
:elvis::elvis::elvis:

wawaa..i'm such a scarry cat about these things....
i'm serious... I swear i saw it... at 1st i don believe it cz i don believe such thing...i tot i was dreaming..i saw tt things peep at my window n stare at me..so i juz look at her lor..saw her eyes only... den i turn my body n saw my mom was praying...when i wake up ard 10am..i asked her if she pray in the morning..she said yes..i saw u open ur eyes n turn turn...den i told her i saw Pontianak..i tot i dreaming..so its true wat i saw la mum.. she quickly give me nails lor...

btw my hse infront gt park...mom said tt thing luvs to stay at park..:tlaugh:

zara

wah seh...so scarry!!!!!!!

Porukadotzu

i'm serious... I swear i saw it... at 1st i don believe it cz i don believe such thing...i tot i was dreaming..i saw tt things peep at my window n stare at me..so i juz look at her lor..saw her eyes only... den i turn my body n saw my mom was praying...when i wake up ard 10am..i asked her if she pray in the morning..she said yes..i saw u open ur eyes n turn turn...den i told her i saw Pontianak..i tot i dreaming..so its true wat i saw la mum.. she quickly give me nails lor...

:elvis:....

Porukadotzu

oh just remember my mam also use to say :

1. don't sit or standing by the door (try not to do this if i remember)
2. don't look at bad things (but frm 1st - 3rdmth my hb always take me to watch those alien movies lah, or gangster...aiyaa always pray that nothing bad absorb to my bb hehe)
3. don't tie someting or cut living things (fish or chicken) -thou i never cut fish or chicken in normal condition too..
4. carry sharp things in pockets like safety pin also ok(this one i just remember, for 5 mths never carry anything..hope its ok....
5. don't gossip

LoVeS

Yeah I heard all of those too, but when I was expecting my bb, I moved hse twice (both @ 4th flr walk-up apt), hvg my final examination, going places including eating durians @ geylang past midnites :shyxxx:
hee hee but i oso reduce my caffeine and swims reg. all the way up to my 8th mth

Thank goodness all is well :Dancing_tongue:
huh? eating durian @ geylang past midnite wats wrong wif it? I aso often go eat supper n eat durians leh.

adoncia

you arn't suppose to go out at midnight.

i ignore those. (i am a rebellious and support lady.) so far, baby is growing good. (lucky!)

you aren't suppose to eat crab too. (afraid that your baby come out will have "a lot" of hands) but my craving was crab!
you aren't suppose to eat banana also. (afraid that you baby come out will have a lot of 'tan' - phlegm)
caffeine intake should limit to 80mg per day. (if i did not remember wrongly) *this is not tales. this is according to the medical discovery in america. caffeine tend to affect the blood vessels connecting you and your baby in your tummy.*
you/your family (as long as they stay with you) are not suppose to drill/renovate/nail/move any nails, furniture, etc.

i didn't not follow except for the caffeine intake. i know i am naughty. :x

Last edited:

-SRI-

huh? eating durian @ geylang past midnite wats wrong wif it? I aso often go eat supper n eat durians leh.
i preg ar..gt cravings for durians lei... die die want the ones at geylang... if i don get to eat..ltr i'll nt talk.. the words tt will come out frm my mouth is "I want durian.........." hahaha... cant slp oso.. keep thinking abt durian... haiz...dunno y become like tis... :embarrassed:

Sis said usually ppl preg gt cravings for food..but i cravings for fruits.. so far i only crave for durians n mango...:tlaugh:

cheekyprincess

i dont how to start new thread n i think i cant do it.
haha..
but im curious..
if you haven went for 2 abortions before n about 3 to 4 mths later you are pregnant again n you decide to keep this baby, do you really have to tell the doctor or gynae abt the situation or you can keep it a secret to yourself n not tell anyone?

thanks..

xue

i dont how to start new thread n i think i cant do it.
haha..
but im curious..
if you haven went for 2 abortions before n about 3 to 4 mths later you are pregnant again n you decide to keep this baby, do you really have to tell the doctor or gynae abt the situation or you can keep it a secret to yourself n not tell anyone?

thanks..
i guess is gd to tel the gynae..
anyway u can trust ur gynae..he is there to help u..
mayb if u had 2 abortion b4, there might be chances of somethin bad wil happen..dat y is gd to be truthful to ur gynae..tis is wat i feel la..

Porukadotzu

hey Sri, thanks to you last nite i keep all the window and curtain shut down! lucky last nite bit cold weather otherwise my hubby will wonder why...normally i open the window as wide as possible hahaha:001_302: i'm such a scarry cat..