What are the 'pantang' things that you actually do while pregnant?

-SRI-

'they say' can't eat too much durian coz 'heaty'
n to stay indoor before midnite ('they say' lotsof 'things' came out @ nite)
juz ate it today..alamak..nt nice seh.... i seldom eat one..cz ppl seldom buy it for me..it juz tt i get cranky when i gt cravings for it n no one bother to buy it lor...:tlaugh:

Nw preg seldom go out..cz i gt faint spells..midnite worst..mum don allow... no gd..she said ltr gt dirty things follow me...

xue

i also eat durian few weeks ago, but bit only coz very sweet....yummmmmmm! feel like want to eat again and again...
when i was pregnant i alwaiz eat durians..coz my fwen told mi dat if u eat durian..when ur baby out he wil be very strong..duno true or anot

cheekyprincess

should be tough on u rite...

maybe you can arrange a meeting with ur gynae without ur hubby knowing you, and tell ur gynae everything.. if you feel ok, there shouldnt be any side effect, so maybe gynae just gave u more vitamins to strength ur bb inside.

but sure need to tell gynae bout this things and ask him to keep it a secret if everything went well in ur pregnancy, rather than not telling. Coz finally gynae will know also, worse if the gynae just suddenly bring up the question while ur hb there with u...

be strong gal! :Dancing_wub:
Hee... sorry, am abit what.. hee.. i think most of you here are with the gynae already? hee.. can help me ask the gynae if its a must or need for me to reveal that?

if like 3 to 4 mths ago got abortion, then pregnant again, what will happen to this baby inside me?

so far i feel ok la, just some red bean size drop of brownish discharge n stuffs..

hee....:wong19:
CUz i already book for the first appointment n he will be going with me. if he ever find out that i went without his permission, i will get it one la...

cheekyprincess

Im like totally out of this topic!! haha..
my bad. sorry...

I dont really believe in pantang things..cuz i think how can an exterior stuffs i do affect my baby all covered inside of me?

but when u read n notice that it does happens, well, sometimes better to believe than not believing hor? :err:

adoncia

Hi

Ya all of the abv....:001_302:

Another thing is my mum told me when i'm pregnant not to sayang other ppl children afraid tt child might be patang fall sick or cry in the middle of the nite. So i avoided this to touch other ppl children don't want them to have a hard time dealing wz their kids.
Avoiding two pregnant women to sit opp each other...
Don't cut /sew on ur bed...

Don't know how true but i avoided all tt. Better be safe than never...jus in case...

Heehee! :tlaugh:
i nv avoid these. i also allow others who are pregnant to touch my bb. :001_07:

mmy_lizz

lol...after tt incident i close my rm windows..but after tt i realise i suffocated..the air didnt circulate..so nw i open the top window abit but draw all the curtains.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:... oh ya.. when i slp beside me is a bunch of nails..tie it up wit rubber band.. hehehe.. juz in case la...
hey sri,wher in hg do u stay? got park? in frt of punggol park is it? n wat nails do u keep.. tis time round i feel like i always see things one.. like i-thot-i-saw-somethin, be it passed by or glance.. hmm.. but dont want to think of anythin..

priscilla

Hee... sorry, am abit what.. hee.. i think most of you here are with the gynae already? hee.. can help me ask the gynae if its a must or need for me to reveal that?

if like 3 to 4 mths ago got abortion, then pregnant again, what will happen to this baby inside me?

so far i feel ok la, just some red bean size drop of brownish discharge n stuffs..

hee....:wong19:
CUz i already book for the first appointment n he will be going with me. if he ever find out that i went without his permission, i will get it one la...

Gynae needs to know as there is a higher chances of miscarriage due to abortions. And through the ultrasound check, the gynae will be able to tell that you have abortions before if I am not wrong and they will confirm with you. So to play safe, let them know before hand and also let him know of your difficulties.

priscilla

For myself, we renovated our new place during my pregnancy and we move in before my boy is borned and thankfully he is fine.

DestinEE

Together with my hubby, we were actually waxing his army boots when i was pregnant, it was only after giving birth then my MIL told me that it is a taboo to do that as the baby might have birthmark. Phew, my baby is all clear!

babypris86

haha ahha i don know if mine is the "worse" case but I actually ran after bus and MRT when I was 7 to 8 months pregnant haha ahha

Ah Cheng

Hey.
Have you heard anything like pregnant women cannot attend friends' wedding?

Think I heard ppls saying scare "chiong". like 2 wedding bride cannot attend each other wedding.

retrobell

Hey.
Have you heard anything like pregnant women cannot attend friends' wedding?

Think I heard ppls saying scare "chiong". like 2 wedding bride cannot attend each other wedding.
my dad in law told me not to attend those wedding/1 year old birthday party and full month party. never explain properly so din know the reason. So far, I did avoid attend all events. bo bian~

Mrs ET

I've done everything above, DD so far ok.. Except for funerals.. DH dun let me go, other than that, we're quite ok, not pantang..

retrobell, happy ocassions like wedding, birthday and bb shower, preg ladies are advised not to attend cuz to elders, these are "big, happy" ocassions, so they're afraid will crash. I did ask my mum, is crash them or me.. Hehe.. She say both also will, so not very nice.. As for funerals, they're scared will affect the bb, cuz "spirits" will linger ard..

Anyway, I read from a book, that preg ladies are best advised not to attend happy and sad events that will hugely affect their emotions.. Too happy or too sad will affect the bb.. Maybe tats why elders take it as "pantang" lor.. =)

Mrs ET

Eh, I is dun pantang all this lah (DH and I do it behind our parents' back cuz they super pantang). Haha.. BUT, whether will affect or not, is still up to individual's thinking ba. If #1 u do things, they never nag then ok lor, but if they nag, #2 just follow their advice lor. Better play safe and dun offend them lah, else if anything *choy choy choy* happen, they'll say it's ur fault... :p

Enjoy ur pregnancy & dun worry too much.. :)

tiziana

I remember there was once i was sitting on the bed to cut some small things then after that i realise the old sayings but nothing happened to my dd though.

And my DD has got really smooth skin, many people ask me is it i drank lots of birdnest when i was pregnant & i told them 'no'. I never take any tonics or birdnest during my pregnancy. All this is in the genes.

i personally feel that everything is up to oneself. though whatever the old sayings this & that might be true too. But still, enjoy your pregnancy!

Mrs ET

I remember there was once i was sitting on the bed to cut some small things then after that i realise the old sayings but nothing happened to my dd though.

And my DD has got really smooth skin, many people ask me is it i drank lots of birdnest when i was pregnant & i told them 'no'. I never take any tonics or birdnest during my pregnancy. All this is in the genes.

i personally feel that everything is up to oneself. though whatever the old sayings this & that might be true too. But still, enjoy your pregnancy!
I also sat on the bed and sewed DH's button for him, then my mum say "never mind, but now that u know u can't do it, dun do it again".. Like the old chinese saying "不知者无罪".. Heh.. :p

pokemon97

Actually i was not that pantang but during my 1st preg, my hb did some painting work at my front door and so conincidence my boy was born with a long patch on the leg.

AprilGurl

Do you guys mind telling me why pregnant ladies are more prone to those dirty stuffs? My friend who has been alone at home when preggy, she tend to hear funny sound coming out...

pildough

i also eat durian few weeks ago, but bit only coz very sweet....yummmmmmm! feel like want to eat again and again...
we're so lucky, now durian season already.. :001_302:

my mom said bb will have durian shell like eczema or acne if i eat too much durian, so far only managed to get really sick (fever, flu, cough) because i think my body got too heaty.

so now they say i have to take young coconut juice so bb will have clear and beautiful skin.

are the vain mummies believing this?