What baby things are cheaper in Malaysia and Singapore?

I'm going to Malaysia for some shopping so I was wondering if there's anything that is cheaper to get there...like baby wipes, washing cloth, mattress?

Mummy to Baby V

I'm only familiar with KL since we stay here.
Anything imported is about same price or more expensive than Singapore, due to import duty tax on many items. So don't bother about big brand items unless there's a good sale going on.

Locally made items or local brands are probably at better prices, since no GST here.
E.g. Safe and Sound baby latex mattresses and beddings is a good quality local brand.
Bumblebee offer baby mattresses, beddings, dish detergent and many miscellaneous baby items. Quite fine.

Edwinie

Hi to all,
I would like to share some info.
Although malaysia products is much more cheaper but you still have to consider before you purchase. For eg, milk powder or baby food. Coz even there are same brand of product sell in sg or msia but actually the product may come from different ccountries and the price maybe cheap in msia but the nutrition ingredient are actually slight lower..

For those products which is not eat can purchase there.
with regards to milk powder, my hubby's JB friend said that it might be cheap because of the location where the milk powder is manufactured. so the quality might not be as good. so better check the manufacturer on the can.

MummyJan

I heard of tt milk powder is much cheaper as compared to singapore. Bt still, I'm also worried abt the quality & nurtrition level...

I alwayz thought tt malaysia's stuffs r cheaper as compared to sin bt i was wrong. Last mth I was wif my mum to Patu Pahat for a day tour & i bought a few avent milk bottles. After comparing the prices bck in sin, i noticed tt the prices r few dollars cheaper in sin.

So lesson learnt: Must check sin prices b4 buying in malaysia!!

hotmilktea

do u know the brand Buds Organic? is it cheap in malaysia? i know it is malaysia product.

I'm only familiar with KL since we stay here.
Anything imported is about same price or more expensive than Singapore, due to import duty tax on many items. So don't bother about big brand items unless there's a good sale going on.

Locally made items or local brands are probably at better prices, since no GST here.
E.g. Safe and Sound baby latex mattresses and beddings is a good quality local brand.
Bumblebee offer baby mattresses, beddings, dish detergent and many miscellaneous baby items. Quite fine.

hotmilktea

thanx!! your review has assured me that this product is good!

the cradle lotion is about $3 cheaper than here. i be getting them when i go shopping nx mth :)

i intend to get the whole range of buds for baby, i have read their brochures and think is really good and is certified organic.
like the head to toe cleanser, bum balm, nappy cream, all the essential items first. is the cradle scalp a confirm problem in all babies, so i sld get this as well right since i will definitely be needing it.

and also based on ur review, i am also assured to getting the fisher price baby chair $79.90 and the fisher price new born to toddler portable rocker $179.90 here.
thanx !!!

Oh yes, we use some of Buds products. Not exactly cheap, dunno how it compares to Singapre though.
My reviews are here
Review: Buds Mozzie Clear Lotion | Mummy's Reviews
Review: Buds Cradle Cap Cleansing Lotion | Mummy's Reviews

Mummy to Baby V

thanx!! your review has assured me that this product is good!

the cradle lotion is about $3 cheaper than here. i be getting them when i go shopping nx mth :)

i intend to get the whole range of buds for baby, i have read their brochures and think is really good and is certified organic.
like the head to toe cleanser, bum balm, nappy cream, all the essential items first. is the cradle scalp a confirm problem in all babies, so i sld get this as well right since i will definitely be needing it.

and also based on ur review, i am also assured to getting the fisher price baby chair $79.90 and the fisher price new born to toddler portable rocker $179.90 here.
thanx !!!
I don't think all babies get cradle cap, though it's common. Anyway, the cradle cap lotion can be used as a moisturizing shampoo.

My boy is 2+ years and still using the head to toe cleanser. Only a little bit is needed each time and 1 small bottle lasts for many months! He has eczema problem and this cleanser works for him.

We didn't try the nappy creams cos he uses modern cloth diapers and can only use cloth-diaper safe nappy creams.

Btw, my baby #2 is only 1 week younger than yours. :)

hotmilktea

ahh nice... have you found out the gender already ?

I don't think all babies get cradle cap, though it's common. Anyway, the cradle cap lotion can be used as a moisturizing shampoo.

My boy is 2+ years and still using the head to toe cleanser. Only a little bit is needed each time and 1 small bottle lasts for many months! He has eczema problem and this cleanser works for him.

We didn't try the nappy creams cos he uses modern cloth diapers and can only use cloth-diaper safe nappy creams.

Btw, my baby #2 is only 1 week younger than yours. :)

Mummy to Baby V

ahh nice... have you found out the gender already ?
Oh, he's boy.

Btw, I just shopped for Buds Head-to-Toe Cleanser from Mothercare KL:
- organic (older version): RM27.90 for 225ml
- organic (newer version): RM30+ for 250ml
Slight difference in ingredients. Big price difference...

Hi mummies, i know that Similac powder are much cheaper over there. (ard at least $13+ cheaper) And we dare to buy because it is actually produced and supplied from singapore and only re-package there (in green).
Compared the ingredients before, it is exactly as Singapore's blue tin. (stage 1). but its green package over there and stated 0-12months. instead like sg, where stage 1 is only from 0-6months (blue tin package). initially my boy try sg tin, but was not able to pass motion as easy as compared to after drinking the green tin from malaysia. So we bought from there and sometimes mix with sg's blue tin.
Now he is 7months+, and we are still mixing, with sg's stage 2 + still with malaysia's stage 1. (both are green tins). Hope the info helps.

Superior baby

Hi Mummies,

I almost go in JB every Bi weekly to replenish my baby stuff. Normally I will go to Tesco or Giant to buy diaper n Similac Milk powder.For the baby 1st year, the milk powder normally is bought in SG. But on stage 3 we bought from Malaysia as the price is different by too much.Sometime I will go to those Chinese Medicine Hall to buy Diaper cos its cheaper than shopping mall.