What did your hubby buy for you when you gave him a son?

cmeilim

As for me..i think he bot me those little diamond earrings n a ring.
But told him no need go waste money .
He took 2 weeks leave for each baby.N he slept with the babies at nite in a different room to take care of nite feeds until baby is 3-4 months then we sleep together again in our bed with baby.I am a very light sleeper so thts why he chose to sleep in spare room so i cld rest properly.He also bathed our newborns until i felt well enuf to do..but he still takes care of the nite baths.
N he is a very hands on hubby n father.I can go for short hols with friends n stuff n he takes leave n looks after the kids.Or when i go out for my movies(Weekly)( or clubbing...doesnt ask any questions..just ask..got enuf money or not?hahhaha
I cldnt ask for anything more!
i believe you got many mummies out there, like myself, envious!!! good for you!

THis is an exciting topic! I was thinking of what to ask from him, afterall he knew I went through alot of suffering....

Car sounds like good idea! Any other suggestions? (My Tiffany diamond ring he gave is already more than 1 carat no need upgrade, I bought myself 2 rolexes in the past no need rolex, he booked single room and insisted on confinement lady for me without asking, new maid already arrived,...)

Good ideas pls...(he cant afford to buy a new property though)....:001_302:

apollo

As for me..i think he bot me those little diamond earrings n a ring.
But told him no need go waste money .
He took 2 weeks leave for each baby.N he slept with the babies at nite in a different room to take care of nite feeds until baby is 3-4 months then we sleep together again in our bed with baby.I am a very light sleeper so thts why he chose to sleep in spare room so i cld rest properly.He also bathed our newborns until i felt well enuf to do..but he still takes care of the nite baths.
N he is a very hands on hubby n father.I can go for short hols with friends n stuff n he takes leave n looks after the kids.Or when i go out for my movies(Weekly)( or clubbing...doesnt ask any questions..just ask..got enuf money or not?hahhaha
I cldnt ask for anything more!
i think tt's the best present! better than diamond rings!!! ur hubby realli dotes u alot! haha..

apollo

THis is an exciting topic! I was thinking of what to ask from him, afterall he knew I went through alot of suffering....

Car sounds like good idea! Any other suggestions? (My Tiffany diamond ring he gave is already more than 1 carat no need upgrade, I bought myself 2 rolexes in the past no need rolex, he booked single room and insisted on confinement lady for me without asking, new maid already arrived,...)

Good ideas pls...(he cant afford to buy a new property though)....:001_302:
since u dun really lack of anything, den mayb ask him to learn from jasobias' hubby?? learn hw to take care of bb =D

jasobias

i think that's the best present! better than diamond rings!!! your hubby really dotes you alot! haha..
Thanks regina,
hahhah..ya he is great.Pple used to stare in amazement when he wld bring baby out when newborn by himself n then always changes the diapers when out.
The bathing newborn part really blew me away!!:001_302:

thepinkdot

best present - never ever have to do night feeds..

now, no need to deal with a hyperactive toddler in the morning. he's a great father.

as long as i never ever have to do night feeds for ALL my kids, i'm happy liao. =D

jasobias

best present - never ever have to do night feeds..

now, no need to deal with a hyperactive toddler in the morning. he's a great father.

as long as i never ever have to do night feeds for ALL my kids, i'm happy . =D
hahahh..i know wht u mean
material stuff is never tht impt..i regret buying all those expensive stuff when younger..now sitting in cupboard gathering dust:eek:

Ivy Miao

Yea.. No amount of things and money can buy a husband who looks after kids like Jasobias mummy. You're one lucky mum.. =)

nancy

if you pantang, you can go enlarge your current ring.. some goldsmith provide such service
My hubby secretly got me a Tempur wedge pillow that costs around $300+ after discount after I returned from the hospital with the baby ( a girl though.. not son).. said that I could then breastfeed more comfortably!! I heart pain man.. rather he gave me the money instead of getting the ex pillow!! Urgh!!

Initially, he wanted to get a rolex for me (we were looking at it when I was about to give birth) But I refused cos his money is also OUR money so cannot be so spendthrift!! I rather he keeps and saves his money instead. Funny thing is I rather spend my own money than use his cos I know he doesn't earn a lot and also doesn't save too. My girl's clothes and toys (which are A LOT) are mostly bought using my own money...

since you dont really lack of anything, then mayb ask him to learn from jasobias' hubby?? learn hw to take care of baby =D
It's really sweet of jasobias' hubby to help take care of baby, something money can't buy :)

But my hubby is quite a workaholic and has alot of responsibilities at work...It is far more practical to find help so that he can rest and focus on work.

Anyway, I sounded him out for a second car...He said he will give up his car (which he loves) and I will get my new car but that means I will have to send him to work! Does not sound like an attractive option to me...

Any other ideas? For the fun of it too :001_302:

Last edited:
hahahh..i know wht you mean
material stuff is never tht impt..i regret buying all those expensive stuff when younger..now sitting in cupboard gathering dust:eek:
I have never regretted buying expensive material stuff thru out my late 20s and till now past mid 30. I had worked hard and done well and material possessions I accquired for myself are a reminder of my (past) achievements and what I was capable of. More importantly, strangely like you said, having some of these things collecting dust actually reminds me they are indeed NOT the most important things in life afterall...:tlaugh:

I only came to realization of this after I acquired those superficial things. How strange and interesting for me...