What do u eat during confinement

iwan2noe

I think my confinement food doesn't look like confinement food , i eat like normal just that the food is cook with " you " , even spaggetti , is it fine ? Anyway why can't drink water , i drink the red dates keep feel very thristy & feel like dehydrating .. :(
me too drink red dates Longan tea thru out the day as we r doing confinemt and this tea helps to nourishes us back to health. Pu qi pu xue..
We can't take plain water as it will cause us to be bloated and retain water.
This is wat I m told..

If u've constipation prob,u can replace red dates with black dates as it helps to ease ur poo:)

hope this infohelp;)

camom

I think my confinement food doesn't look like confinement food , i eat like normal just that the food is cook with " you " , even spaggetti , is it fine ? Anyway why can't drink water , i drink the red dates keep feel very thristy & feel like dehydrating .. :(
I drank lots of warm water everyday during my confinement besides the tea and soups. Find that only water can quench my thirst.

Verona's

me too drink red dates Longan tea thru out the day as we are doing confinemt and this tea helps to nourishes us back to health. Pu qi pu xue..
We can't take plain water as it will cause us to be bloated and retain water.
This is what I m told..

If you've constipation prob,you can replace red dates with black dates as it helps to ease your poo:)

hope this infohelp;)
Yeah drinking alot half a day , whole jug gone :D My red dates still got alot of other ingredients i think , even have ginger when i am in the hospital i love the red dates they do because i dont feel thristy one .. Do you realised you will sweat alot after every drink ? i kept sweating none stop even i try drinking a few sip of water also sweat , plus can't bath very tiring like thing :( & yes i haven have any bowel movement since i discharge almost a week already :(

Verona's

I drank lots of warm water everyday during my confinement besides the tea and soups. Find that only water can quench my thirst.
Yeah agree , if i really cannot take it i will dirnk a lil because i keep producing milk then no water also will dry up , but mil keep say no , so need secretly ... But hubby let me have a sip of pepsi ytd :S

iwan2noe

Yeah drinking alot half a day , whole jug gone :D My red dates still got alot of other ingredients i think , even have ginger when i am in the hospital i love the red dates they do because i dont feel thristy one .. Do you realised you will sweat alot after every drink ? i kept sweating none stop even i try drinking a few sip of water also sweat , plus can't bath very tiring like thing :( & yes i have not have any bowel movement since i discharge almost a week already :(
Yes, i perspire alot each time i drink the red dates tea..must drink hot hot cant drink cold one,but sometimes it turn colder become lukewarm no choice..sometimes add more tea to have the temp..

pls try replacing red dates with black dates to boil ur tea,ok? my confinement lady say black dates is good to help bowel movements...

try ok? it may works.. ;)

cocraze

Yeah drinking alot half a day , whole jug gone :D My red dates still got alot of other ingredients i think , even have ginger when i am in the hospital i love the red dates they do because i dont feel thristy one .. Do you realised you will sweat alot after every drink ? i kept sweating none stop even i try drinking a few sip of water also sweat , plus can't bath very tiring like thing :( & yes i have not have any bowel movement since i discharge almost a week already :(
Verona's,
I also kept sweating nonstop whenever I had to drink the red date tea or had any meal (CL and MIL insisted that I eat once the food is cooked, even if I was suffering from engorgement and really wanted to pump milk for my girl). So no choice, had to eat and wait 2 hours before I pump as the food had XO in it. That was the first two weeks of confinement before I kenna breast infection and had to be on antibiotics, so I asked the alcohol to be stopped.

So I carried a small towel with me wherever I went, and liberally/obviously wiped myself down each time I ate or drank, genuinely cos I was sweating my T-shirt and PJs wet, partly also to 'show' MIL and CL how hot I was, so they would relent and let me bathe everyday.... kekekek

I personally suffered from constipation pre-pregnancy and took extra care to take more roughage during pregnancy and confinement. I knew I would fall sick easily if I suffer from constipation. Initial few days was quite bad, I relied on the Dhatulose syrup prescribed by my gynae during my stay in hospital to ease. Made worse cos I was so paranoid of stretching my stitches down below. On day of discharge, gynae prescribed some special dose which involved clearing bowels (just like what was done pre-delivery). After I went home, I made sure I had high fibre food and drank lots of water (since I somehow wasn't allowed to eat any fruit except apples). I had two slices of multi-grain bread for breakfast everyday and for dinner, rice was unpolished brown rice(as opposed to white rice). That did the trick for me.

Verona's

Verona's,
I also kept sweating nonstop whenever I had to drink the red date tea or had any meal (CL and mother in law insisted that I eat once the food is cooked, even if I was suffering from engorgement and really wanted to pump milk for my girl). So no choice, had to eat and wait 2 hours before I pump as the food had XO in it. That was the first two weeks of confinement before I kenna breast infection and had to be on antibiotics, so I asked the alcohol to be stopped.

So I carried a small towel with me wherever I went, and liberally/obviously wiped myself down each time I ate or drank, genuinely cos I was sweating my T-shirt and PJs wet, partly also to 'show' mother in law and CL how hot I was, so they would relent and let me bathe everyday.... kekekek

I personally suffered from constipation pre-pregnancy and took extra care to take more roughage during pregnancy and confinement. I knew I would fall sick easily if I suffer from constipation. Initial few days was quite bad, I relied on the Dhatulose syrup prescribed by my gynae during my stay in hospital to ease. Made worse cos I was so paranoid of stretching my stitches down below. On day of discharge, gynae prescribed some special dose which involved clearing bowels (just like what was done pre-delivery). After I went home, I made sure I had high fibre food and drank lots of water (since I somehow wasn't allowed to eat any fruit except apples). I had two slices of multi-grain bread for breakfast everyday and for dinner, rice was unpolished brown rice(as opposed to white rice). That did the trick for me.

You bath since you discharged? i haven't bath for 8 days already & i get thirsty very easily so i kept drinking the red dates , not allowed to drink water at all , but drink a lil when everyone is asleep because red dates can be really sweet :( During late preg , i having good bowel movement almost everyday but now i think i really having constipation .. Do you think i should just drink water ? i think 8 days is too long already .. & i eat normal food that is cook with sesame oil because i was breast feeding i think thats why mil don't give me eat those XO food , i have lose of appetite i only have meesua in the noon till now 8pm still no appetite to eat but kept feeling thristy , is it normal ? i also lack of sleep because i need to breastfeed baby , feeling so tired , only sleep a few hours .. I feel like i am not having a good confinement :( I don't rest well i don't eat well like no point not bathing because i still feel so weak .. My time was all messed up .. So envy ~ :D

Verona's

Yes, i perspire alot each time i drink the red dates tea..must drink hot hot cant drink cold one,but sometimes it turn colder become lukewarm no choice..sometimes add more tea to have the temp..

pls try replacing red dates with black dates to boil your tea,ok? my confinement lady say black dates is good to help bowel movements...

try ok? it may works.. ;)
Mil asked maid to do everything , my confinement was quite bad i think , i don't rest , no appetite to eat , some ppl say confinement food is very delicious but i really feel so disgusted by the food because they are like normal food , spagetti that is cook with sesame oil .. Should have get a CL , i felt so weak now plus having c-sect , wound will be painful & having serious backache because need to take care of baby :( i try to ask mil about the black dates , 8 days already if i don't clear ar don't know what will happen also , my lochia also quite little leh , what bout yours ? :)

iwan2noe

mother in law asked maid to do everything , my confinement was quite bad i think , i dont't rest , no appetite to eat , some ppl say confinement food is very delicious but i really feel so disgusted by the food because they are like normal food , spagetti that is cook with sesame oil .. Should have get a CL , i felt so weak now plus having c-sect , wound will be painful & having serious backache because need to take care of baby :( i try to ask mother in law about the black dates , 8 days already if i dont't clear ar dont't know what will happen also , my lochia also quite little , what bout yours ? :)
Hi Verona's,

Do u go for massage? I also have lower left side backache. After my massuer massage me for 2 sessions, the backache totally subsided.. Now I feel so much relax and my muscles loosen up.. =)
According to my massuer, the pain is due to the 'wind' that enter our body when we deliver. It is tryue, after she massage me, i break wind alot and burp..the 1st few days without massage i always cant sleep well..in the middle of the night I will feel the lower back area v warm and the ache is those 'sour sour' type... Now I can sleep so much better! I would recommend this massuer of mine to u, as her massage is not painful, relaxing and her rates is definitely competitive. She is a v frenly malay mummy who always gives me alot of good tips...how to ease pain at certain area etc...

Hmm, my lochia is not alot..1st few days more heavy flow...now v light lioa...
but got odour..do u experience the same too?

My bowels not alot but at least once every 2 days..i am ok, not constipated yet... (touch wood) u try to drink more soups, the black date tea made with dried logans ok? U can just leave out the sugar and it wont taste so sweet...mine is brewed w/o sugar as dried logans and red dates themselves alr have natural sugar le.... my bowels are those darker brown stools and not as soft.But sometimes it is soft so it depends..when I drink alot, my stools tends to be softer....now better le....not to worry too much abt ur bowels..if too many days no bowels... take some fruits? I forget to mention i took apples and grapes and strawberry...and alot of veg...take hoi cai (the v soft and easily digestable types of veg) and cai xin or kai lan..they will helps in constipation prob :)

I really think that my massage helps me in many areas.. she also massage some pts that helps in constipation prob =)

if u need a massuer i will definitely recommend mine to u...u can let me know if u r interested ok? =)

Verona's

Hi Verona's,

Do you go for massage? I also have lower left side backache. After my massuer massage me for 2 sessions, the backache totally subsided.. Now I feel so much relax and my muscles loosen up.. =)
According to my massuer, the pain is due to the 'wind' that enter our body when we deliver. It is tryue, after she massage me, i break wind alot and burp..the 1st few days without massage i always cant sleep well..in the middle of the night I will feel the lower back area very warm and the ache is those 'sour sour' type... Now I can sleep so much better! I would recommend this massuer of mine to you, as her massage is not painful, relaxing and her rates is definitely competitive. She is a very frenly malay mummy who always gives me alot of good tips...how to ease pain at certain area etc...

Hmm, my lochia is not alot..1st few days more heavy flow...now very light lioa...
but got odour..do you experience the same too?

My bowels not alot but at least once every 2 days..i am ok, not constipated yet... (touch wood) you try to drink more soups, the black date tea made with dried logans ok? you can just leave out the sugar and it wont taste so sweet...mine is brewed w/o sugar as dried logans and red dates themselves already have natural sugar .... my bowels are those darker brown stools and not as soft.But sometimes it is soft so it depends..when I drink alot, my stools tends to be softer....now better ....not to worry too much about your bowels..if too many days no bowels... take some fruits? I forget to mention i took apples and grapes and strawberry...and alot of veg...take hoi cai (the very soft and easily digestable types of veg) and cai xin or kai lan..they will helps in constipation prob :)

I really think that my massage helps me in many areas.. she also massage some pts that helps in constipation prob =)

if you need a massuer i will definitely recommend mine to you...you can let me know if you are interested ok? =)

I went through c-sect so can't do massage yet :( Maybe i should ask my gynae tmr see when he give the permission hehe !When i am allow to have massage i then ask you for her can ? :) My lochia was alot alot , those blood clot also in the first 2 days but after that i only need to change once for a day like this don't know is it because c-sect.. i didn't know i can eat fruits shall eat them soon , feel so weird not having bowel movement , I eat what the maid cooked & everything is only cook saseme oil , seems normal to me , hope i will be fine & confinement is good enough , felt like i am not even having confinement :( Only the bathing one & no water .. Let you know if i can have maasage soon :)

iwan2noe

I went through c-sect so can't do massage yet :( Maybe i should ask my gynae tomorrow see when he give the permission hehe !When i am allow to have massage i then ask you for her can ? :) My lochia was alot alot , those blood clot also in the first 2 days but after that i only need to change once for a day like this dont't know is it because c-sect.. i didn't know i can eat fruits shall eat them soon , feel so weird not having bowel movement , I eat what the maid cooked & everything is only cook saseme oil , seems normal to me , hope i will be fine & confinement is good enough , felt like i am not even having confinement :( Only the bathing one & no water .. Let you know if i can have maasage soon :)
no worries, verona's.. For c sect, u need to wait at least 2-3 wks to do massage:) but it is best tt u consult ur Gynae to br safest:)
I think u had heavy flow is gd as ur body is getting rid of theblood it:) mine wasn't as heavy maybe due to the fact tt i gave birth naturally anddiff pple experience diff intensity of flow.. Not to worry ok? Modern confinemt can take fruits but not traditional confinemt..But remb dun take fruits that r taken out immediately fr the fridge..it's cold so is bad.. Let it thaw to room temp ok?

To me the massuser is great.. I hope she dun disappoint u as I always look fwd to her massage session:)

camom

mother in law asked maid to do everything , my confinement was quite bad i think , i dont't rest , no appetite to eat , some ppl say confinement food is very delicious but i really feel so disgusted by the food because they are like normal food , spagetti that is cook with sesame oil .. Should have get a CL , i felt so weak now plus having c-sect , wound will be painful & having serious backache because need to take care of baby :( i try to ask mother in law about the black dates , 8 days already if i dont't clear ar dont't know what will happen also , my lochia also quite little , what bout yours ? :)
Mine was also like that. Mom said probably the gynae did some cleaning up during the c-sect, hence lesser flow. But some tcm like shen hua tang will cause heavy flow, so do avoid these if yours is a c-sect.

shiyi

for breakfast my mama ask me to drink milo with biscuits...
she say its not advisable to eat bread cos it contains raising flour which can cause gastric

i drank milo with biscuits too for breakfast.

lunch was usually something light. like porridge and some veggies.

dinner would be better. my mil would cook me either pig trotters or sesame chicken.

and also i either drink red dates or plain water. nothing cold. :|

not forgetting i drink the waist tonic for extra nutrition.

iwan2noe

i drank milo with biscuits too for breakfast.

lunch was usually something light. like porridge and some veggies.

dinner would be better. my mother in law would cook me either pig trotters or sesame chicken.

and also i either drink red dates or plain water. nothing cold. :|

not forgetting i drink the waist tonic for extra nutrition.
lovelymother,

can take plain water? ur mil allow u to do so? many pple including my CL say cant take plain water as it cause u to be bloated...

no worries, verona's.. For c sect, you need to wait at least 2-3 wks to do massage:) but it is best that you consult your Gynae to br safest:)
I think you had heavy flow is good as your body is getting rid of theblood it:) mine wasn't as heavy maybe due to the fact that i gave birth naturally anddiff pple experience diff intensity of flow.. Not to worry ok? Modern confinemt can take fruits but not traditional confinemt..But remb dont take fruits that are taken out immediately fr the fridge..it's cold so is bad.. Let it thaw to room temp ok?

To me the massuser is great.. I hope she dont disappoint you as I always look fwd to her massage session:)
Hi 1wan2noe,

Firstly congrats to your new born! :tlaugh:

I have masseurs asking me to confirm postnatal with them but I'm not so sure...Your masseur sounds great, the name and contact tel if you will? Thanks very much in advance!

iwan2noe

Hi 1wan2noe,

Firstly congrats to your new born! :tlaugh:

I have masseurs asking me to confirm postnatal with them but I'm not so sure...Your masseur sounds great, the name and contact tel if you will? Thanks very much in advance!

Hi Koala bear mummy,

Had PM u her contacts & no.
Bte, where r u staying ? =)

sassylady

normal food stuff. nothing special. usually are light stuff like porridge or biscuits.

maybe once in the while got pigs trotters. either home cooked or buy from outside.

will add in a glass of the waist tonic in for the pigs trotters bought outside. for extra 'bu'.

hehe..think my confinement food is super simple.

Breakfast will be either a bottle of chicken essence, a cup of milo or anmum with biscuits.

Lunch and dinner i eat steamed fish with garlic and steamed vegetable with garlic all the way, sometimes my mum will add a fried egg. think she also not very sure what to cook for me.

me also drinking the longan red dates drink, always sweat like mad after drinking it..

for fruits i take apples and banana. once a while i eat chocolate with alcohol also..hehehe..my mum said anything heaty one can eat ..

anyway my confinement ending soon..one more week to go..yeah..:Dancing_tongue:

shiyi

hehe..think my confinement food is super simple.

Breakfast will be either a bottle of chicken essence, a cup of milo or anmum with biscuits.

Lunch and dinner i eat steamed fish with garlic and steamed vegetable with garlic all the way, sometimes my mum will add a fried egg. think she also not very sure what to cook for me.

me also drinking the longan red dates drink, always sweat like mad after drinking it..

for fruits i take apples and banana. once a while i eat chocolate with alcohol also..hehehe..my mum said anything heaty one can eat ..

anyway my confinement ending soon..one more week to go..yeah..:Dancing_tongue:
my mum say canot take garlic leh.., she cook all the veggies with ginger and sesame oil only..