What do u eat during confinement

Ivy Miao

why cannot take garlic ar? can tell me the reasons behind it?
My CL said no garlic during confinement too. Reason: Scared after confinement, will have smelly mouth. Lolx!! Dunno true or not. Everything's just Ginger and seasme oil.

For fruits, she say no Banana.. Only apple.. Hmm....

Iwan2noe mummy, can I know the lady who massage for u too? Her price/hour and how many times should we do it? Some do it straight 7days, others, once in a week. =) Can we do the massage even after our confinement? I left with 2 more weeks of confinement..

iwan2noe

My CL said no garlic during confinement too. Reason: Scared after confinement, will have smelly mouth. Lolx!! dont know true or not. Everything's just Ginger and seasme oil.

For fruits, she say no Banana.. Only apple.. Hmm....

Iwan2noe mummy, can I know the lady who massage for you too? Her price/hour and how many times should we do it? Some do it straight 7days, others, once in a week. =) Can we do the massage even after our confinement? I left with 2 more weeks of confinement..
hi ivy,

hmm, but the CL cooked veg with garlic lei.. First time hear pple say cx eat garlic during confinemt de.. *puzzle*
anyway, hmm, I did massage for a continual period of 7 session str just that wkend I stop. I did it while I'm in my confinemt. This also depending on whethef u r natural or c sect.. I'm natural birth so can do at least 3 days after I discharge. U r natural birth also? I'll pm u the rates n duration if u r interested.. I dun want to sound like I'm advertising for my massuer ;)

Ivy Miao

hi ivy,

hmm, but the CL cooked veg with garlic lei.. First time hear pple say cx eat garlic during confinemt .. *puzzle*
anyway, hmm, I did massage for a continual period of 7 session str just that wkend I stop. I did it while I'm in my confinemt. This also depending on whethef you r natural or c sect.. I'm natural birth so can do at least 3 days after I discharge. you r natural birth also? I'll pm you the rates n duration if you r interested.. I dont want to sound like I'm advertising for my massuer ;)
Mine natural birth. Before that, was thinking, I wont need the massage. But now having aches.. Think I need one. Haha!

Casse

i dun dare to eat much giner & alot of things so mine was

morning : Mee sua with sliced pork/chicken
Something too rush i 'll take 2 half boiled eggs and 1 btl of brands chicken essence

Lunch /Dinner : Hong Zao Ji ( red color) -fuzhou ppl / sesame oil chicken /fried chicken with ginger / Zhu Jiao Chu /

After 12 days can take soupy food : den can dbl boiled black chicken soup & steam chicken soup.

Drinks:eek:nly red dates & hot milo

kaixinnn

Hello all, i Just gave birth on the 4th. In the midst of my confinement :(
Why is it that i dont perspire despite drinking those longan teas or even hot soups. Does any of you drank cold drinks ? I couldnt take it and drank a few sips when my moms nt around. HOHO.

Verona's

Hello all, i Just gave birth on the 4th. In the midst of my confinement :(
Why is it that i dont perspire despite drinking those longan teas or even hot soups. Does any of you drank cold drinks ? I couldnt take it and drank a few sips when my moms not around. HOHO.
Not sure why but during first 2 week when i drink the tea & hot soups i perspire till mad hehe , i think it is good to perspire even though i hate it ~ I took a few sip from hubby when mil never see hehe !

Verona's

Any mummies have lost of appetite ?
I dont get hungry & i kept feeling full all the time , i kept drinking only because breastfeeding i think ..

kaixinnn

I dont get hungry & i kept feeling full all the time , i kept drinking only because breastfeeding i think ..
Same for me. But my mom kept focing me to eat. Within few hours i drank tons of soup. I always feel thirsty, but i hate the longn tea, so i drank warm water instead.

iwan2noe

Ya! I also feels v thirsty during my confinement period as I m breastfeeding. Must Erik enuff n more water so that we have enuff fluid to produce breast milk:)

drink MORE water, breastfeding mummies!!
Take more fish n veggies to booast breastmilk supply:)

during my confinement period i didnt have much appetite too! but no choice had to force myself to eat.

i got a CL for my second confinement. so she prepared all food. nothing fancy tho. simple soup dishes especially when i dont feel like eating.

once in awhile she'll cook pig trotters or sesame chicken. because my mil told her to cook for me. need the nutrition. on top of that, im drinking the waist tonic daily already.

and you know, in the hot weather, all i want is an iced cold glass of water. but cannot. :(

i think moi gynae dr tan mention to continue eating my nataboost (plant source fish oil ) cuz got studies to show prevent post natal depression and help in heart health for the mother...

jas2909

BF-ing mummies how you guys cope with the confinement food?

Some confinement foods are prepared using ingredients like alcohol.. herbal.. and ginger right.. Will these be harmful to the baby? I heard that ginger causes jaundice in baby.. although alcohol evaporates after heated up but there will still be some leftover or byproducts in the food right?

Wasant

Some confinement foods are prepared using ingredients like alcohol.. herbal.. and ginger right.. Will these be harmful to the baby? I heard that ginger causes jaundice in baby.. although alcohol evaporates after heated up but there will still be some leftover or byproducts in the food right?
Yeah.....agreed....my friend says that can consume DOM one hr before BF????I heard cannot eat ginger...etc...isit????

iwan2noe

I'm a breastfeeding mum. N I take confinemt food prepared n cooked with lots of Ginger n sesame oil n hong Zhao jiu. At night b4 I go to bed I take a v small glass of dom. The size of the glass is the glass given by the DOM company when I bought the bottle of Dom.

So far so gd.. My gal had jaundice but I dun think its caused by Ginger I ate..

Wasant

I'm a breastfeeding mum. N I take confinemt food prepared n cooked with lots of Ginger n sesame oil n hong Zhao jiu. At night before I go to bed I take a very small glass of dom. The size of the glass is the glass given by the DOM company when I bought the bottle of Dom.

So far so good.. My gal had jaundice but I dont think its caused by Ginger I ate..
that's mean we can eat as usual....ginger n alcohol ...even when BF???

Spiralng

For breastfeeding mummies, it's gd to take your meal after breastfeeding so that by the time the next feed came, everything will be digested.

Normally, first few days after birth, it's good to eat kidney fried with black fungus. The combination of this dish is to aid constipation and to clear blood clot.

Breastfeeding mummies have to avoid liver cos liver will reduce the milk flow.

sassylady

i dont know if drinking anything that contains alcohol is good or not.

during my confinement, i drank the waist tonic as i read that it's non alcoholic and also i was afraid that if i drank anything alcohol it would affect the quality of the milk.

and also for some of the confinement dishes i ate, a small dosage of the waist tonic was added in. not really a fan of ginger, so i didnt eat much of them anyways.