What do you eat?

Chewysee

Hello mummies.

Please share with me what you guys have for breakfast usually?
i was wondering if my diet was really unhealthy for baby. Sometimes I skip breakfast due to a few reasons: sleep till evening then eat, lazy to go out buy, I dont know how to cook.
and most of the times when I eat, I order Macdonalds breakfast, usually 3 times a week. Or will eat Maggie mee or go out and Dabao. Then u know, Singapore food all very oily, somemore buy from outside usually more MSG. So, do you think my diet is okay?

Tannie

Ur diet is really unhealthy for baby... Please stop Maggie mee... Cut down on fast food.
Have cereal, more vege n fruits.
Acrually cooking is not difficult, there are a lot of easy receipe online which U can whip up a simple healthy meal at a short time, give it a try. I learned cooking only when I got married n I even cook for my in law family. Even thou i am not good at it but Home cook food is the best.

ryanmom

Please eat more fishes esp omega 3 like Salmon or cod fish. Broccoli, fruits etc are all good too. Don't take papaya...

Dragontail

Yes instant noodles and fast food are best to cut down. Some canned food too. Can eat, but I find shouldnt be more than once a month.

If I cant have "proper" meal, I make sandwiches and fruit salad. Sandwiches I usually put avocado, tomato, cucumber, alfafa, with your favourite sauce (i put sweet mustard sauce). Or add some sliced hard boiled egg. And I make a big bowl of cut fresh fruits with heap of yoghurt. Just buy these and keep in your fridge. They can last more than a week.

If you're outside, then it's good to stick to niang tou fu, fish ball, fish slice soup/noodle.

Chewysee

Hi mummies,

Thanks for your advice. I just went down to eat pork porridge. That is okay too right? Actually sometimes i just drink milo with biscuits. For bread wise, always eat with butter and sugar. Will try to make dragontail mummy's sandwich recipe:) ya. i try to take alot of fish too. but because salmon always have to go restaurant to eat, so i just eat those "yu pian mee fen" fish or whatever fish there is. is that alright too?

mskyliee

Other than diet... I think u should keep a healthy lifestyle too... should wake up in the morning rather than evening then wake up... then baby will know the timing to be active... have a walk to the park. It's both good for u and baby.

Dragontail

Normal yu pian mee fen is fine... I used to like those korean saba fish (on hotplate one). But I read that it's mackerel. So dont eat that. (high in mercury content). Any porridge is ok too. So long not too often... you know hawker food they always put a lot MSG. So, try to cook something at home ya, no matter how simple it is.

Btw, how many weeks are you at that's making you tired? When I was at first trime, I also slept a lot and nothing interests me.

Chewysee

Okay, will try to cook smth on my own. I'm at 26 weeks now. Since first trimester i very tired alr. I read in internet that start of 2nd trimester should regain back the energy. But i dont know why i still feel very tired. And if i go out shopping for 2 - 3 hours. I will start to feel very sleepy, then i can sleep until evening next day.

Tannie

Cause u did not have proper diet to give u energy! U dun have to eat for 2 but u must have nutrient in take for 2. Did u eat multi vit n fish oil pill? Maybe u can drink some formula milk for pregnant mummy...

Janellebb

Chewysee, im 35 weeks now. And im quite similar situation with you. I cant manage to wake up in the morning and always wake at 2-3pm. Then sometimes after i wake up, showered then i'll go back to my own house to have my lunch and dinner. Having this issue since the 1st week of my pregnancy. But i've been eating fruits like grapes cherries apples almost everynight. And always supper at night, if never supper i cant go to bed.. And i also always feel tired.. Got once i fainted while walking halfway at pasar malam! Now everywhere aching.. More and more xinku..

mskyliee

I understand it's tiring... and it's normal..Cos ur body has to adjust to the weight of urs and body's... last time when I was preggy, I also like u.. totally dun want to move except to buy my own meal. My mom and sis keep telling me to go walk in a form of exercise. I only started in 2nd trimester... well it was really good... then I heard from everybody to keep walking... cos I have a few cousin-in-laws who gave birth in maybe 5hours cos they walk a lot...... so I made it a form of exercise to go ecp to walk during weekend. Slow walk or short distance walk is good..... at least I can keep exercise my body, and that I have the stamina to push when in labour......