What do you let your baby wear to sleep ?

xinyl

Hi All ,

What do you let your baby wear to sleep ?

From born till 5mths, i let my gal wear button infront shortsleeves tops with long pants covered toes kind. Then i swaddle her as she sleeps better with swaddle.

After 5mths, she "escaped" from the swaddle. So i let her wear one piece sleepsuit (long sleeve & long pants with covered toes kind). The sleepsuit's material is very comfy cotton....

I noticed she's afraid of heat. Sweat very easily.... even we sleep in aircon room!

Hubby suggest to let her sleep in shortsleeves tops n shorts / romper.

As adults, i wear tshirt n shorts to sleep, but covered with blanket. Can't cover my gal with blanket for obvious reasons coz she toss n turn n kick the blanket away.

What do you all think ?

apollo

depends on weather. if the whole day is hot n sunny, we will let ds wear short sleeves with shorts at night. if the day is cooling or even rainy one, that night we will let him wear long sleeves/pants. i believe that no matter is babies or toddlers, they will let us know when they are too hot/cold. if they can slp well w/o making any noise, i think is okay. my son will make noise if it is too cold for him so we will cover the blanket for him. So we are not wry to let him wear short sleeves and shorts. =)

xinyl

depends on weather. if the whole day is hot n sunny, we will let ds wear short sleeves with shorts at night. if the day is cooling or even rainy one, that night we will let him wear long sleeves/pants. i believe that no matter is babies or toddlers, they will let us know when they are too hot/cold. if they can slp well w/o making any noise, i think is okay. my son will make noise if it is too cold for him so we will cover the blanket for him. So we are not wry to let him wear short sleeves and shorts. =)
Can wear short sleeves with shorts ah.... hmmm... ok.

Coz my mum say better to keep her warm rather than cold.... u know lah... old pple sayings...

apollo

hmm.. if the warm is comfy for her, then just go ahead. but i dont warm until sweat is comfy lehh.. hehe.. anw my son cannot tahann heatness, so if the weather is hot, we will let him wear short sleeves, even the AC is on. i think we parents do things shd be flexible abit bahh, see which way is more suitable for our kids. =)

elbarc81

My bb will sleep in her long sleeve top n pants that cover her toes cos will sleep in air-con.Will put blanket on her. will place beannie pillow so that the blanket wont move much when she toss n turn.. she is 3 months old. =)

Ting

if u slp with AC, best to cover the shoulders/knees and soles of the baby or they might catch a cold easily. :) my daughter doesnt slp with blankie, but we dont slp with AC, so i let her wear short sleeve shirts and long pants to slp at night. til she is abt1 yr plus then switch to short sleeve shirt n shorts. :) on colder days would be short sleeves with long pants n socks.

xinyl

My bb will sleep in her long sleeve top n pants that cover her toes cos will sleep in air-con.Will put blanket on her. will place beannie pillow so that the blanket wont move much when she toss n turn.. she is 3 months old. =)
haha... 3mths ! wait till ur baby is older..... blanket, beannie will all be swept aside....

AugBoyz

when my monster was NB, its romper or tee with diaper then swaddle. After the swaddling stage its always tee n diaper haha~ no blankie coz he dun like it. Like your baby, perspire when I cover him with blankie even in air con room. We rarely let him sleep in air con room when he was a baby. Fan on through the night, of coz not blowing at him directly but oscillating.

Last edited:

pixie

My baby sleep in aircon room too. During daytime, we clothed her in short sleeves top and shorts. However, at night, I would either dress her in pajamas (those with long sleeves and long pants) or rompers. In her 1st month, I do swaddle her but then she started to break free...doesn't like the idea to be bounded. She is now 2 months old and never need to be swaddle.

fattymumu

depends on weather and where they are sleeping

non aircon room : short sleeve or sleevess with shorts (day time), short sleeve with long pants (night time)

aircon room :rompers (bb) / long sleeve and long pants + socks

i gave up swaddling my second boy after 1 month and lately he has been kicking his blanket.

My elder boy's blanket is for show nowadays.. cos he rarely uses it. IF we cover him with the blanket, he will wake up in the middle of night in sweat even though he sleeps in the aircon room.

angiebaby

my gal wear short sleeve or long sleeve with cover toe pants, i swaddle her bt only upper body, so her legs are not covered because she wear pants, and bean pillow on her tummy, she is 3 months old now but if dun swaddle she cant sleep at night, will keep waking up by her own movement, but middle of the night if she wake up for feed, i will not swaddle her as she will easily go into deep sleep, and day time she also no need swaddle but can sleep tight.

at night we sleep in aircon room, day time she sleep with fan so is short sleeve and shorts with socks.

Sleeveless top and a diaper.. Rain or shine.. Day or night.. They get angry if let them wear long sleeve or cover them with a blanket if it's raining in the night..

Asphere

with no a/c and hot weather, my son wear short sleeves(either tie, front or side buttons) and long pants/ bunny pants(cover feets).
with a/c, no a/c (cold weather), my son wear long sleeves(either tie, front or side buttons) and long pants/ bunny pants(cover feets) or those coverall.