What does KK hospital give after giving birth?

angbao

Any one out there baby born from KK? What doesn't they provide... So I no need to pack so many thing put inside my hospital bag? What I need to bring?

diza

Can you elaborate what you mean by give?? It is the things they provide during ur stay or after discharge?

quincy1986

sorry I just saw from KKH webpage

for your reading:

[h=2]Maternity Tour[/h]Motherhood is always an exciting period. At KK Women's and Children's Hospital, we fully understand that a mother-to-be may have many questions regarding this memorable journey. Our customised Maternity Tours, conducted every Friday afternoon from 2.00pm to 3.00pm, provides a guided walk-through with additional insights into the hospital facilities which a mother-to-be would be utilising during pregnancy and birth.
A Typical Maternity Tour covers these essential areas:

• O&G (24-hour) Clinic
    • Located at Basement 1 of the Women's Tower
  • Delivery Suite
    • With 28 individual private delivery rooms, our Delivery Suite has the largest number of private delivery rooms in Singapore
    • Located at Level 2 of the Women's Tower
  • Private Wards and 5 / 6-bedded Wards
    • Wide range of ward choices ~Located at Levels 3 and 8 of the Women's Tower
  • Admissions
    • For all general enquiries
    • Includes a convenient 1-stop counter for registration of births
    • Located at Level 1 of the Women's Tower
Signing up for the Maternity Tour
Interested parents-to-be can sign-up with our Patient Education Centre at 6394 5038 or email PEC@kkh.com.sg. The Patient Education Centre is located along the KK Women's and Children's Hospital Retail Mall at Level 1 (next to McDonald's).
Operating Hours at Patient Education Centre: 9.00am to 6.00pm (Monday to Friday)
9.00am to 12.30pm (Saturday)

diza

It all depends on the ward u r staying.. I opted for A1 ward so all my needs were taken care of.. They provided toiletries, towel, disposable underwear, maternity pads, cooling pads, nursing pillow, additional blanket and pillow for hubby. For other wards, I'm not sure what they will provide during ur stay. Best is to check their website.

Upon discharge, u will get their typical diaper bag which contains some samples of baby products, magazines and information abt NB babies. They will also prescribed some medicines for u.

angbao

It all depends on the ward u r staying.. I opted for A1 ward so all my needs were taken care of.. They provided toiletries, towel, disposable underwear, maternity pads, cooling pads, nursing pillow, additional blanket and pillow for hubby. For other wards, I'm not sure what they will provide during ur stay. Best is to check their website.

Upon discharge, u will get their typical diaper bag which contains some samples of baby products, magazines and information abt NB babies. They will also prescribed some medicines for u.
Wow... U stay A1 that expensive... How much u paying for it? For gov subsidise onli can choose b2 n below

diza

Deposit payment was $2.5k. Can pay by cash, NETS or credit card. If your labour is smooth with no complications and epidural or assisted labour like forceps or vacuum, then u can get $1k or more. I only got back abt $250 because of complications.. I think for subsidized ward, u can still opt for A1. Check with them. I am very pleased with their services. Whenever the nurses change shift, they will introduce themselves to you. If you can opt for A1, go for it.

joeytly

Deposit payment was $2.5k. Can pay by cash, NETS or credit card. If your labour is smooth with no complications and epidural or assisted labour like forceps or vacuum, then u can get $1k or more. I only got back abt $250 because of complications.. I think for subsidized ward, u can still opt for A1. Check with them. I am very pleased with their services. Whenever the nurses change shift, they will introduce themselves to you. If you can opt for A1, go for it.
For subsidized ward only can go max up to B2+ ward! I had checked with them ! What did they give to you when you discharge? :)

tod2

I gave birth at kkh on 4.4.13 at ward b2...

Things they provide u for subsidise class will be ur maternity pad.. disposable underwear.. NO toiletries or towel...

tod2

Discharge?? Only a so call goodie bag with diapers sample... some lotion.. some baby shampoo.. nothing much...

Other den dat balance of baby diapers used ther can take home... brand huggies...

tod2

U could bring ur own diapers I think if u dun like their brand...

N I dun like Ward 32... nurses are not friendly... have bad experience s in that ward....

angbao

They give huggies diapers only.. They also never teach or guild u how to take care ur below n baby bcg... some hospital give spray or something to wash

diza

For me, the nurses took the time to show me how to bath my baby, how to nurse and swaddle him and they are always willing to answer my queries. I guess that's one of the services A1 ward provides. If I'm not mistaken, even if u r under subsidised ward, u can still opt for A1. After all, u are paying the amt and not them. Just that u may not be able to select a specific gynae I think.

Kokura

Does anyone know how many Huggies diapers do they give? I dont't think they will be so generous as to give a retail-sized pack...

Discharge?? Only a so call goodie bag with diapers sample... some lotion.. some baby shampoo.. nothing much...

Other then dat balance of baby diapers used ther can take home... brand huggies...

Retail pack for NB is very small quantity also ...

Tapping on this thread ... anyone took normal delivery with ligation before?

Does anyone know how many Huggies diapers do they give? I dont't think they will be so generous as to give a retail-sized pack...

MommyLiz

they have renovate the place right? Going for b1 but really wish to go a1. Lol