what electric appliance do u use to puree?

hi,

i want to try doing puree myself but i am not sure what electric appliance do you use? blender? please advice.

thanks!

apollo

i use a blender to make ds's puree.. i used to use 'handmade' method but it is really v time-consuming, invest on a blender to save time..

i didnt buy a v good one. the one i bought is from phillips, ard $45 from Courts =)

ping26

I bought this brand, "U-like", from Isetan. (not sure if it's Japanese or Taiwanese brand) It costs $69. It comes with a juice-making jug too. We also make soya bean & fruit juice with it.

Forgot to add - my blender can also blend dry stuff! haha, I wash & dry rice then blend into powder. Can cook brown rice porridge in 15 min flat :) I also make my own ikan bilis powder. I'm not comfortable w blending porridge cos my mum says that will introduce 'wind'.

It's almost water proof, & there's no need to dry before using. It's very easy to wash even when we make juices.

speedwise - normal. I think most blenders can blend baby food in seconds.
I don't like to hold the blender in case things fly. :p

Last edited:

nancy

I bought this brand, "you-like", from Isetan. (not sure if it's Japanese or Taiwanese brand) It costs $69. It comes with a juice-making jug too. We also make soya bean & fruit juice with it.
I bought this Philips hand blender that has 600W (more pwoerful than those normal blenders) at $49.90 and I never regret it! My baby food is totally puree/blended within secs. Save me lots of time!! Before that, I was using Pigeon food maker to puree my baby food and it costs me at least 5 mins or more

I saw kiddy palace promoting this avent steamer and blender. You steam the food, then turn over to blend it. Looks very convenient. Selling at $119. Anyone tried before?

meiteoh

I'm using the BEABA Babycook (steams, purees) which was a gift but if I didn't have it - I'd just get a hand-blender. :)

The Avent thing sounds like a good dealer - do check if it's BPA-free. ^^

Last edited:
thanks mummies, i will go to best denki tis wkend to check out the philips blender since this seems like the most popular choice .. !

chillychino

Hi Mummies,
Will anyone able to advise me, if I want to make puree or blend porriage, which model of blender is cheap and good to use? Went to harvey norman in Jurong Point this afternoon, saw the Phillips and Baurn hand blenders, but i ask the salesgirl if this can be used to blend porriage, or to blend the rice into powder, she say cannot. Can only used to blend fruits. If the porriage is hot, can we pour into the container and blend using the hand blender? *confused.... thanks to advise ^^

Hi Mummies,
Will anyone able to advise me, if I want to make puree or blend porriage, which model of blender is cheap and good to use? Went to harvey norman in Jurong Point this afternoon, saw the Phillips and Baurn hand blenders, but i ask the salesgirl if this can be used to blend porriage, or to blend the rice into powder, she say cannot. Can only used to blend fruits. If the porriage is hot, can we pour into the container and blend using the hand blender? *confused.... thanks to advise ^^
I grind the rice to become powder before cooking for my girl. I bought avent blender. It blends fruits, vegs, meats or anything u can name. Intinally, I thought of blending porridge together with belle's vegs and fish but my mum advised me not too as it will introduce "wind". However, I would steam belle's vegs, fruits or whatever is on the menu. 5 days worth of food, blend and freeze them in ice cubes. Every afternoon, I would scoop the desired amt of rice powder, add water and cook in slow cooker. 15mins before eating, I would steam fish and place vegs cube in the porridge before serving my girl.

chillychino

I grind the rice to become powder before cooking for my girl. I bought avent blender. It blends fruits, vegs, meats or anything u can name. Intinally, I thought of blending porridge together with belle's vegs and fish but my mum advised me not too as it will introduce "wind". However, I would steam belle's vegs, fruits or whatever is on the menu. 5 days worth of food, blend and freeze them in ice cubes. Every afternoon, I would scoop the desired amt of rice powder, add water and cook in slow cooker. 15mins before eating, I would steam fish and place vegs cube in the porridge before serving my girl.
thanks florence~
however, i saw the Avent Blender at Expo Babycare Festival last month, I saw that it blends the fruits but when everytime we press the button, the fruits will 'shift' upwards, then, the salesgirl need to open the cover, then press down the fruits, then blend again, then open again, press down the fruits, did this so many times, that's y we nvr buy. Is it suppose to be like that? And, I thought puree suppose to be more like liquid form, the demo i saw is just 'cutting' the fruits into smaller pieces.
Saw alot of recommendations regarding the Baurn & Philips Hand Blender, which model is it?

thanks florence~
however, i saw the Avent Blender at Expo Babycare Festival last month, I saw that it blends the fruits but when everytime we press the button, the fruits will 'shift' upwards, then, the salesgirl need to open the cover, then press down the fruits, then blend again, then open again, press down the fruits, did this so many times, that's y we never buy. Is it suppose to be like that? And, I thought puree suppose to be more like liquid form, the demo i saw is just 'cutting' the fruits into smaller pieces.
Saw alot of recommendations regarding the Baurn & Philips Hand Blender, which model is it?
All Blender will be like what you mention when without water. If you are making puree have to add water in it. I guess the sales person didn't add water that why have to keep opening, pushing. Thoes recommended are hand blender, only a few kinds in the store. Personally, I prefer blender with lids as it won't be so messy when blending purée.

Hi Mummies,
i bought the philips hand blender 600w at $49+, blended apple, porridge with fish n carrots inside, banaa, no issue at all. i think its very good. tink the only bad ting is u have to hand hold onto it n it causes a strong vibration.. haha

i recommend this hand blender because its cheap n efficient and easy to clean up after that.

chillychino

All Blender will be like what you mention when without water. If you are making puree have to add water in it. I guess the sales person didn't add water that why have to keep opening, pushing. Thoes recommended are hand blender, only a few kinds in the store. Personally, I prefer blender with lids as it won't be so messy when blending purée.
ic... thanks florence... which model did you bought and how much is it?

i bought the philips hand blender 600w at $49+, blended apple, porridge with fish n carrots inside, banaa, no issue at all. i think its very good. tink the only bad ting is you have to hand hold onto it n it causes a strong vibration.. haha

i recommend this hand blender because its cheap n efficient and easy to clean up after that.
hi iceydragon, is the philips model that you r using HR1361?
Philips - Hand blender HR1361/00 - Hand blenders - Food processor and mixing - Household products

if you blend those ingredients inside, would it splash out since there r no lids on the beaker when you blend? i was thinkin to buy this model or the Baurn one initially, but not sure should i invest in it as some people tell me need not blend the food for baby at all~

We use forks and knife or get those already pureed food.
previously i used those gauze to do mashing but then realise that the wire gauze become rusty looking after a while so dont like the idea of using that, so switch to hand blender and its faster, though more expensive than fork n spoon. but outside we will use fork n spoon to mash too. hehe

Oppsgal

previously i used those gauze to do mashing but then realise that the wire gauze become rusty looking after a while so dont like the idea of using that, so switch to hand blender and its faster, though more expensive than fork n spoon. but outside we will use fork n spoon to mash too. hehe
We got those "hand blender thing" that cost about $10 only. Put the vegetables in and turn left and right with hands. Then vegetable will be small pieces, but not like puree vegetables. Then steam till soft, use forks mash up.

camom

I didn't buy a separate blender cos bb didn't eat blended food for long. I use my kitchen blender.

Can try the Munchkin's hand held food grinder. I'e got 1 and very handy for making small batches of mashed potato or pumpkin.