What Enrichment Classes are you all bringing your 2009 babies now?

november

Hi All,

my son is already going to be 21 months now.

Thought it's time to send him to some enrichment class. Thinking of Shichida, Growing Up Gifted or Julia Gabriel.

Any others? Any Comments / Comparison between all these?

ping26

hi november mummy

I brought my 20mth old to my centre for weekly playgroup (simple themes such as myself, vehicles, etc) last year.
This year, she'll be doing some Math & related stuff for 6 mth. Then, she'll go back to playgroup and maybe reading.

I didn't send her to any other enrichment. So I can't comment personally. More than 90% of friends & acquaintances who tried out JG, liked it. Some very ks mummies went for everything. JG is fav. For the other programmes, it depends on teachers you get. Some teachers can't engage kids, etc... But JG is quite pricey.

I'm still looking ard for suitable music lessons. Couldn't find any suitable class on my off-day. any suggestion?

eissacsirhc

Hi mummies,

My girl is 2 and is attending classes every sunday at Growing Up Gifted (they have everyday classes as well or even weekday classes, depending on ur needs)..
Their zoo phonics is really fun and I can see the kids really enjoy themselves.. Parents are asked to sit in in class so u will get to see wat goes on during lessons.. So far.. my girl has learnt quite a fair bit.. =)

Priya Diva

Hi everyone

I had sent my 24 mths gal to JWT kids Gym[Kallang leisure park]. It was a weekly lesson. I paid around 300 plus for 11 lessons. She has completed the classes. But i am not sending her to any other classes as i am going to be due with my 2nd one.

The JWT kids gym was very fun and enjoyable one. She had opportunity to socialize, exercise, learn rhymes, pick up fun activities there. They are closing the kallang branch. Can check out other branches for interested mums.

:001_302:

isabelandrew

Hi there, I sent my girl to JG. I personally enjoyed the classes :p but I guess she was too young and shy at about 20 mth. I stopped after one term because the timing is not too good for us and she is starting child care soon .... I tried GUG but didn't like it cos that teacher can't engage kids..

igal_76

Hi my son has been attending Shichida since last Oct. Thinking of starting him on Montessori and Julia Gabriels next year when he turns 2yr 4 mth. Any feedback regarding either?

i went for the JG trial. i personally quite like it. now on waiting list. yu can go for the trial and have a feel of the lesson first and put urself in the waiting list. can b quite long!

igal_76

i went for the JG trial. i personally quite like it. now on waiting list. yu can go for the trial and have a feel of the lesson first and put urself in the waiting list. can b quite long!
oh they have trials? great, will check it out, thanks a lot!

chrisgal

hi, my son 22 mths now, attend growing up gifted. not bad. he is attending every wed n fri class, and i can say, he did learn somethng new from every class lesson.

igal_76

hi, my son 22 mths now, attend growing up gifted. not bad. he is attending every wed n fri class, and i can say, he did learn somethng new from every class lesson.
Hi chrisgal,
thanks for the info, heard mixed feedback regarding gug, which branch does your babe attend?

chrisgal

ya i heard before about the mixed feedback from this forum and other forum too, actually i have a relative who works in JG, she told me that gug is a "copied type" from them, but i consider about the fees as well, haha, since they teaches almost the same thing and method i will opt for the cheaper place. i have not even try out JB trial lesson so i got no comment about them. my son attend the united square branch. And since my son will be attending playgroup (pre nusery) next year in apple tree, so i wont look for anymore enrichment classes.

Hi chrisgal,
thanks for the info, heard mixed feedback regarding gug, which branch does your babe attend?

Hi All,

Thought it's time to send him to some enrichment class. Thinking of Shichida, Growing Up Gifted or Julia Gabriel.

i brought mine to bibinogs and sign him up for power tots class every sun 930am-11am. very good curriculum, a little of everything and not too much and provide snacks and little drink for my son. he is 2yrs old end of july. he learns phonics from zoolander curriculum.

went to kids gallery at pacific plaza, it was very bad experience, gave me incorrect information and no fix curriculum n taught my son how to use credit card to make payment. OMG!! dont go kids gallery.

ohstrawberry

Went for the GUG trial recently with my 19mth boy and paid $50 for it. As it's the last lesson of their term, i felt that my boy was being left out as most of the kids already used to the pace of teaching and they can anticipated what is going on.
My boy dun enjoy himself at all, he started fussing during the lesson and keep wanting to open the door to escape...
Though i like their zoophonics but the teacher is going thru too fast and we can't catch up at all....Personally i think their teachers didn't do a gd job in engaging all the kids, they tends to interact more with those older, proactive and able to speak well kids.
When she saw my boy fussing, she just tell me is normal for kids to behave like this during 1st few lessons and carry on with her preparations.
I were at loss...my boy is not those shy type, he loves to play and learn new things...but he dun enjoy the trial at all so no point for me to sign up for the coming term....

colourfulhearts

Hello there :)

Would you like to try out at Colourful Hearts? We have a free trial ongoing now till 31st July and you won't regret it!

Melissa, founder of Colourful Hearts, worked in Julia Gabriel & Chiltern House, for 13 years so really, you get the same quality. Melissa also believes in small class sizes so that children's learning can be maximised :)

Have a look at our website (www.colourfulhearts.com) and we can be contacted via phone (6466-7456) or email (contact@colourfulhearts.com).

Hear from you soon :)

With warm regards,

The Colourful Hearts Team!

jamespon

For other enrichment centres in Singapore, you may consider Apple Pie Language for more fun and interactive learning such as theater, creative writing, speech and drama.

Hi All,

mylittlecasa

My gal is 2 years 6 mth now and she's attending Zoophonics at serangoon centre. She's under teacher Maria and we like the teacher very much.

I also teach my gal phonics myself, if you're interested to find out the lesson plan you may see here:
Learn The Fun Way

ohstrawberry

My boy is coming to 2yrs old now. Had signed him up for BJG Kembagan Sunday class. Attended 4 lessons now, so far so gd. What I like is the class is small (4-5 a class) so teacher can easily engaged with all children and will also revise again on one to one basis. My boy simply loves their lesson, art &craft n gym activities, no fussing from him at all.
What I don't like is their work efficiency or rather their admin:
1st lesson: trial lesson, everything went well but admin staff is very slow in registering us after the class...
2nd lesson: teacher was late, was told the lesson will commerce half hr late after waiting quite some time n the admin staff didn't inform the next class cause i heard the parent complaining when they reached.
3rd lesson: upon reaching, teacher told us that admin staff fainted when otw to work, so no one open door, commerce half hr late again after their lady boss came to open the door.
4th lesson: teacher absent so lady boss conducted the lesson, I preferred her though.
5th lesson: teacher sick n absent so class is cancelled....

I really like their teaching n activities but with such disrupting schedules, I doubt will continue after completing this term.

mylittlecasa

My boy is coming to 2yrs old now. Had signed him up for BJG Kembagan Sunday class. Attended 4 lessons now, so far so good. What I like is the class is small (4-5 a class) so teacher can easily engaged with all children and will also revise again on one to one basis. My boy simply loves their lesson, art &craft n gym activities, no fussing from him at all.
What I dont't like is their work efficiency or rather their admin:
1st lesson: trial lesson, everything went well but admin staff is very slow in registering us after the class...
2nd lesson: teacher was late, was told the lesson will commerce half hr late after waiting quite some time n the admin staff didn't inform the next class cause i heard the parent complaining when they reached.
3rd lesson: upon reaching, teacher told us that admin staff fainted when otw to work, so no one open door, commerce half hr late again after their lady boss came to open the door.
4th lesson: teacher absent so lady boss conducted the lesson, I preferred her though.
5th lesson: teacher sick n absent so class is cancelled....

I really like their teaching n activities but with such disrupting schedules, I doubt will continue after completing this term.
haha, so drama!
Try Zoophonics at serangoon centre, my girl has been there since April and just upgraded to Zoo kids program last mth. Teacher Maria is very good, look for her!