What Fishes for 9mths old BB porridge?

november

Hi all,

care to share the range of fish that is suitable for cooking porridge for my dear 9months old coming 10 mths boy?

My mum always buy "Ma Yao Yu" in cantonese, any idea what's that called in english, so that i can go buy in supermarket.

One more question, my boy is drinking 4times formula milk and 2 meals of porridge, is that right? I'm afraid i'm feeding too little.

The range of food i give is also running out...when can i feed bread? He got 4 teeth on top and 2 below, when i give him apple to bite, this greedy boy can bite off quite a big piece, i'm so scared it'll choke him, so ended up, i always dig out from his mouth. So until now, dun dare give finger food.

Any good advise?

apollo

Hi all,

care to share the range of fish that is suitable for cooking porridge for my dear 9months old coming 10 mths boy?

My mum always buy " Yao Yu" in cantonese, any idea what's that called in english, so that i can go buy in supermarket.

One more question, my boy is drinking 4times formula milk and 2 meals of porridge, is that right? I'm afraid i'm feeding too little.

The range of food i give is also running out...when can i feed bread? He got 4 teeth on top and 2 below, when i give him apple to bite, this greedy boy can bite off quite a big piece, i'm so scared it'll choke him, so ended up, i always dig out from his mouth. So until now, dont dare give finger food.

Any good advise?
ds is coming 9mths old. we have been feeding him threadfin since 6mths old. threadfin is call 'ngor he'..

sds is also drinking 4x FM, 1x cereal, 1x porridge per day. sometimes if we go out and no time to cook porridge, will replace with milk or cereal. he drinks 210ml of milk each time. so total will be ard 840ml per day. i think ur baby is eating/drinking enough.

pls dont feed ur baby apple directly. u can steam the apple until it soften, den feed him. my fren taught me tt. she always steam the apple and give her baby. i haven try yet though.

in between his feeding, i will give him some gerber guaduate puff, baby bites biscuits, teething rusks etc.. not alot, just abit each day and i make sure he drinks plenty of water everyday too. if u r giving him those biscuit which specially made for babies, u dont have to wry him getting choke, cos all these biscuits will melt easily in his mouth. usually b4 i give ds any baby biscuits, i will try 1st. to make sure it melts easily =)

cmeilim

we started ian on ngoh he (threadfin) in his porridge a month ago when he turned 8 months old. =) he takes three times of BM (direct latch), four times of EBM in the day, 1x breakfast cereal with EBM, and 2x porridge, plus fruits and yoghurt as snack. he has a big appetite!

camom

I give cod, salmon, threadfin or fresh whitebait, bascially cuts of fish without many bones or those with big bones that can be removed easily.

I've never tried steaming apple before. I always give fresh but make sure it's washed thoroughly. I usually grate or scrap the apple flesh off and feed. Same goes for other hard fruits like pear.

Last edited:

Spiralng

For me I give threadfish or cod fish. At times, I will use ikan bilis to make th e stock before using the stock to make porriage.

diymummy

I'm giving threadfin, aka Ngor Herh, aka ikan Kurau.

Oily fishes is best to be given after 10 mths. Oily fishes are like Salmon and Cod.